The Chicken Littles are out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: The Chicken Littles are out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In Response to Re: The Chicken Littles are out:
    [QUOTE]After last September, there is no more sky to fall.
    Posted by lukebusy[/QUOTE]
    That's the spirit!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am nervous nor confident in our staff as it is. None of our big three have gone over 200 innings except for (Lester) one year I believe. Beckett is injured for extended periods every year and Bucholtz is coming back from a back injury. They have assembled medical throwaways and scrap heap stuf for the 4th and 5th starter positions hoping something floats to the top. You are depending on Bard who has been a setup guy for 2 1/2 years to pitch 150-160 innings. You got rid of a top closer and picked up a guy who throws 20 less innings in a weak division with a troubled arm.  I am worried and suddenly this team has gone cheap when they have a couple of glaring needs (right field, 4th and 5th starters, pinch hitter).

Check this link O'Shaughessey is right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

In Response to The Chicken Littles are out:
    [QUOTE]As usual the Chicken Little's amongst Red Sox Nation are now out in full force because the Yankees made a couple of moves yesterday, trading for Pineda (good trade for both teams) and signing Hiroki Kuroda. THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!! Ben C, you must respond to this and SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!! Go out there and OVERPAY for Edwin Jackson on a multi-year deal - we need a 4th or 5th starter afterall. Sign Roy Oswalt too, pay him more than what Kuroda got, who cares, can't you see the SKY IS FALLING!!! Sell the farm for Jair Jurrjens - THE SKY IS FALLING!! What if Beckett/Lester/Buccholz can't pitch 200 innings each...THE SKY IS FALLING!!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

ya well when your team finishes 3rd in the division for the second straight year, you need to do something. especially when you rival competitor who finished ahead of you last season improves their team more than you have improved yours. right now the sox have essentially broken even. papelbon and bailey are a wash. melancon is a slight upgrade in the pen and sweeney is a slighty upgrade is right field. None of these moves are enough to push this team out of third. The pitching staff is still the same as last year and all the fo has done is sign scrap heap pitchers who will make little to no impact. Remember when the sox signed penny and smotlz? that worked out well lol. Pitching was by far the sox biggest weakness last year. And this year will be no different. The sox did not have 1 starter pitch 200 innings last year. that tells you something. their 3rd starter clay buchholz is coming off of back surgery and who knows if he will be able to stay healthy. yet the fo acts as if the sox have this solid pitching staff and that converting one of our best relievers to a starter(bard) makes more sense than trading for one or signing one. this is one of the dumbest ideas i have ever heard. bard was aweful as a starter in the minors and only started to do good when he converted to a reliever. he does not have the stamina to be a starter no do we have the bullpen depth to make him one. If the sox really wanted to show the fans that they want to win this year they would trade for matt garza. he is a perfect fit in many ways. he is durable, fairly young, has pitched in the AL east and is cheaper than most starters of his caliber. Having a top 4 of beckett lester garza buchholz would be tough to beat. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Chicken Littles are out:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Chicken Littles are out : ya well when your team finishes 3rd in the division for the second straight year, you need to do something. especially when you rival competitor who finished ahead of you last season improves their team more than you have improved yours. right now the sox have essentially broken even. papelbon and bailey are a wash. melancon is a slight upgrade in the pen and sweeney is a slighty upgrade is right field. None of these moves are enough to push this team out of third. The pitching staff is still the same as last year and all the fo has done is sign scrap heap pitchers who will make little to no impact. Remember when the sox signed penny and smotlz? that worked out well lol. Pitching was by far the sox biggest weakness last year. And this year will be no different. The sox did not have 1 starter pitch 200 innings last year. that tells you something. their 3rd starter clay buchholz is coming off of back surgery and who knows if he will be able to stay healthy. yet the fo acts as if the sox have this solid pitching staff and that converting one of our best relievers to a starter(bard) makes more sense than trading for one or signing one. this is one of the dumbest ideas i have ever heard. bard was aweful as a starter in the minors and only started to do good when he converted to a reliever. he does not have the stamina to be a starter no do we have the bullpen depth to make him one. If the sox really wanted to show the fans that they want to win this year they would trade for matt garza. he is a perfect fit in many ways. he is durable, fairly young, has pitched in the AL east and is cheaper than most starters of his caliber. Having a top 4 of beckett lester garza buchholz would be tough to beat. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Really?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SKY IS NOT FALLING,  BUUUUUTTTT   BECKETT HAS TO GO, AND TAKE YOUK WITH HIM....AN OLD FASION "BLOCKBUSTER" !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: The Chicken Littles are out": [QUOTE]I am nervous nor confident in our staff as it is. None of our big three have gone over 200 innings except for (Lester) one year I believe. Beckett is injured for extended periods every year and Bucholtz is coming back from a back injury. They have assembled medical throwaways and scrap heap stuf for the 4th and 5th starter positions hoping something floats to the top. You are depending on Bard who has been a setup guy for 2 1/2 years to pitch 150-160 innings. You got rid of a top closer and picked up a guy who throws 20 less innings in a weak division with a troubled arm.  I am worried and suddenly this team has gone cheap when they have a couple of glaring needs (right field, 4th and 5th starters, pinch hitter). Check this link O'Shaughessey is right. . http://www.boston.com/sports/video/globe10/?bctid=1367687386001 Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: The Chicken Littles are out": [QUOTE]I am nervous nor confident in our staff as it is. None of our big three have gone over 200 innings except for (Lester) one year I believe. Beckett is injured for extended periods every year and Bucholtz is coming back from a back injury. They have assembled medical throwaways and scrap heap stuf for the 4th and 5th starter positions hoping something floats to the top. You are depending on Bard who has been a setup guy for 2 1/2 years to pitch 150-160 innings. You got rid of a top closer and picked up a guy who throws 20 less innings in a weak division with a troubled arm.  I am worried and suddenly this team has gone cheap when they have a couple of glaring needs (right field, 4th and 5th starters, pinch hitter). Check this link O'Shaughessey is right. . http://www.boston.com/sports/video/globe10/?bctid=1367687386001 Posted by AL34[/QUOTE] Finally, a poster with a realistic assessment of our situation. No rose-colored glasses for you AL!