The Choke Happened, Don't Hohler it to Death. Accept it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The Choke Happened, Don't Hohler it to Death. Accept it.

http://www.amazinavenue.com/2011/10/12/2485389/no-reason

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: The Choke Happened, Don't Hohler it to Death. Accept it.

In Response to The Choke Happened, Don't Hohler it to Death. Accept it.:
    [QUOTE]http://www.amazinavenue.com/2011/10/12/2485389/no-reason
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Utica, now here I thought you would have a better understanding of the word CHOKE, considering that the 2004 Yankees ALCS loss to the Sox was the greatest "CHOKE" in the history of baseball.

What happened to the Sox was not a CHOKE...it was a collaspe...they collapsed in September and choked in game 162 against the Orioles by blowing a 9th inning lead to knock themselves out of the playoffs...but that doesn't hold a candle to losing 4 straight games in the AL championship series after building a 3-0 lead.

But guess what...we accept the collapse, since we have no choice but to do so...and now look for the Sox to come back as a stronger more determined team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I stand corrected SoxDog67. I should have said collapse. I do hope however that the forum regulars will take the time to read the article that is linked to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Pike who cares about the 2008 Mets?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If that is Pike, I don't understand why his original screenname hasn't been reinstated. If a Yankee troll can come here, be banned numerous times for abuse and then have thier original name reinstated, it should work the same way for Sox fans as well. After all, this is a Sox board. Just sayin'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Interesting.  The article condemns Ellsbury as having no heart in September, the month he had 8 dingers and 21 rbi's and was easily the Sox best hitter. 

As for the beer drinking, it was bad, I agree, but it was also going on when the Sox were winning two thirds of their games.  And, speaking off chubby, Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols both looked heavy last night, but Pujols is maybe the best player in MLB and Fielder, despite rotten fielding, is a terrific hitter and a big reason why the Brewers made it to the NLCS. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I have accepted it now, having no choice, but reserve the right to holler about the most devastating collapse in the history of baseball until we hang an ALE Flag.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: The Choke Happened, Don't Hohler it to Death. Accept it.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Choke Happened, Don't Hohler it to Death. Accept it. : Utica, now here I thought you would have a better understanding of the word CHOKE, considering that the 2004 Yankees ALCS loss to the Sox was the greatest "CHOKE" in the history of baseball. What happened to the Sox was not a CHOKE...it was a collaspe...they collapsed in September and choked in game 162 against the Orioles by blowing a 9th inning lead to knock themselves out of the playoffs...but that doesn't hold a candle to losing 4 straight games in the AL championship series after building a 3-0 lead. But guess what...we accept the collapse, since we have no choice but to do so...and now look for the Sox to come back as a stronger more determined team.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]hey!!!... man S-Dog, you promised to never bring that up again...Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: The Choke Happened, Don't Hohler it to Death. Accept it.:
    [QUOTE]I have accepted it now, having no choice, but reserve the right to holler about the most devastating collapse in the history of baseball until we hang an ALE Flag.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

It's going to get stale and boring but go ahead if you must. Choose your scapegoat of the day and go from there. Poor Andrewmitch, Drew, Tito, and Theo are gone. What will he do to occupy himself in the future. Oh, I forgot about Crawford. Yes, let's project that Crawford will have six more bad years. A good ubiquitous, headstrong theory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts