THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM....

In Response to THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM....:
    HIGH MARKS TO BEN C. & LUCCIANO's AS THEY CONTINUE TO TAKE BACK THE TEAM !!!!  NOW LET'S GO OUT AND GET ONE GOOD STARTER AT A REASONABLE PRICE !!!   GOOD JOB BOYS.....
    Posted by Bill-806

Come on Bill, don't tell me you are this excited about trading Marco Scutaro and signing Cody Ross??

OK, OK, at least you gave up trying to move 2 of the team's better players for 10 cents on the dollar in this topic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Re: THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM....

The Scuturo deal deeply concerns me since I really cannot see Punto or Aviles providing top notch defense and offense.

Looks to me like there's a new show in town, a new way of doing business (pun intended) and despite what any of us think, the previous way of doing things was a disaster last year. So let it roll.......

Plus we got Bobby V who'll shut down the chicken and beer.

It will be an interesting year, posters!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think I would be a bit more excited about the situation if the minor leagues players were further along.
    I do like a lot of the power arms, but the bats dont excite me.
    I also see the Ellsbury situation coming to a head sooner rather than later, and I think the Sox lack of young bats makes them a little desperate in the OF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

First:  I think that the outfield has been seriously upgraded.

Second:  I like the idea of more pitching options.  Granted some are a long shots but I still like it.  Plus, I don't think BC is done. 

Third:  I like our offense and think we will score tons of runs.

Last:  No reference of trading Beckett from BILL.  talk about shock and awe...I have agreed with him on most post but not that one.

We will be younger thats for sure, big advantage IMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I am not sure i would agree with the FAT CATS, because I think this team under Theo always tried to develop a minor league pipeline, but I do agree I like the way Ben has approached the retooling this year.....the BP moves were very smart....I like the Ross move...the reclaim project signings have been smart to build depth....the tactful goodbyes to Wake and Tek. Still need to secure that one more dependable starter....and finally we need to resolve the Papi situation....judging by the Economic moves they have made so far, it would not shock me if Papi won the Arb case, if they walked away from the Non Gauranteed contract and used that 16mm in a more beneficial way.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No one would take Beckett

Youk would be a highly attractive to any team who would use him as a first basemen.....The problem w/ Youk goes back to Theo's man-crush on AGone and deciding he prefered AGone and Crawford over VMart and Beltre and the ripple effects that created......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Are you looking to get the Sox committed to the Tea Party--

Beckett is a concern and I question whether any of his teammates are willing to stand up  to him. If not he's not worth keeping--trade him in a heartbeat if:
    1. You can find a  team that will take him- imo it needs to be a contender.
    2. Find a team that would give you a top 4 starter in return.
    3. Time will tell when he gets into drills and ST games--see what his attitude is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Who is going to take on 3 years and 51 million for Beckett AND give us a Quality Starter in return?  Furthermore, Beckett can reject any trade he wants....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM....:
    Who is going to take on 3 years and 51 million for Beckett AND give us a Quality Starter in return?  Furthermore, Beckett can reject any trade he wants....
    Posted by andrewmitch

Cubs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Why do you feel the need to post in all CAPS?

I agree with you, and people who are saying that "OHHH OHHH we traded Scut for a .240 hitter" should probably calm down. We are going to add at least one more starter and that is why we traded Scutaro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM....:
    In Response to Re: THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM.... : Cubs?
    Posted by shuperman

If Theo doesn't learn from his mistakes.

If Crawford and Beckett and Lackey are such great, smart deals, then wouldn't Theo at least inquire on their availability?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: THE CONTINUED "TRANSFORMING" FROM "FAT CATS" TO A SMARTLY RUN BASEBALL TEAM.... : If Theo doesn't learn from his mistakes. If Crawford and Beckett and Lackey are such great, smart deals, then wouldn't Theo at least inquire on their availability?
    Posted by andrewmitch

First thing is I like Beckett a lot and if you look at the numbers he has been one of the best pitchers over the last 5 yrs.  I don't think this team is in a position to trade him.  Unless a Garza comes the other way.  And Garza isnt nearly as good as Beckett. 
    I could live with that deal if they also went after Gavin Floyd. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Which numbers are you looking at?  His averages?  Take a look at his stats in the second half of each season starting in 2008......He's worth a mere fraction of the 17 million he's being paid once the calendar hits August....

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts