The CRAWBURY Highway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: The CRAWBURY Highway

In Response to Re: The CRAWBURY Highway:
    [QUOTE]Nothing stationary about AGon and Ortiz hitting homers and gaps. Even .200's OBP guys like Crawford can score in front of that.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

That's right betterdead!!!   Change the subject....  Start dumping on Crawford!

You gotta do something!  Everything that you have ever said about Ells. is...

DEAD

WRONG

:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's literally eating you up!!!!   :)

"Must find more irrelevant stats!"

"He's a slacker!"

"I just know I'm right....."

"Just give me more time!"

"He's bound to go into a slump...."

"Any slump."

"I'm so smart!  Ipso facto......  I must be right!"

"It's not me!!!!   They're all just dim bulbs & can't see what I see......"

There are meds for these perseverant thoughts!    :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Stationary refers to slow a-foot base runners. It's been Boston tradition.
    Of Papi's 77 hits, 41 have been singles.
    Of AGONE'S 91 hits, 54 have been singles.

CRAWBURY can score from first on a "gap single".
    CRAWBURY allow themselves to be in scoring position. This enhancesRBI totals when AGONE/PAPI aren't hitting doubles and homers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Crawburry fields forever!    :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford   2011 Cost 20M  BA .246 OBP .279  SB 8 CS 4  66% A very expensive highway with a lot of giant potholes AGon and Ortiz are the ones who are carrying the offense. Just about impossible to replace what they have done in 2011 to date.

Anyone without a tired, transparent, stubborn agenda would without question include Ellsbury along with AGon and Ortiz.  We all know you don't meet said criteria.

At his current pace Jacoby would finish with about 55 2B, 20 HR, 70 SB, 210 hits, and 130 runs.  Gotta love that .376 OBP!!!  Since you brought it up, at the cost of 2.4 million, which would probably make him one of the best value players in MLB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Harness has the mental state of a three year old. "The Crawbur Highway", indeed. Time to cut off food stamps and rent support programs and get Harness to work for a living in the many jobs that Obama has created.

Why did you have to go there? It only shows your pettiness, ignorance and jealousies when some one disagrees with you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I think that Crwaford is taking a bit of a ride on the OP's Crawbury Highway.

The club started playing winning baseball before Crawford picked up the pace and if it coincided with either of the player's performance it was Ellsbury's taking off and being elevated back to the top of the line-up.

Even that is a bit of a simplification because Gonzalez and Ortiz have also been huge and others have chipped in their contributions with hot streaks from the now cooled off Jed Lowrie, to CC, Youk and even the catchers. The only position that has pretty much been dismal so far is RF and I suspect at some point that will change too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing stationary about AGon and Ortiz hitting homers and gaps. Even .200's OBP guys like Crawford can score in front of that.

ellsbury player of the week!!!!!!!!!EAT CROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The CRAWBURY Highway : Why did you have to go there? It only shows your pettiness, ignorance and jealousies when some one disagrees with you.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

That's funny. The post you retorted to is gone.
    Did he delete it or the mods?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I think that Crwaford is taking a bit of a ride on the OP's Crawbury Highway. The club started playing winning baseball before Crawford picked up the paceand if it coincided with either of the player's performance it was Ellsbury's taking off and being elevated back to the top of the line-up. Even that is a bit of a simplification because Gonzalez and Ortiz have also been huge and others have chipped in their contributions with hot streaks from the now cooled off Jed Lowrie, to CC, Youk and even the catchers. The only position that has pretty much been dismal so far is RF and I suspect at some point that will change too.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I recall CC getting much of it started with those walk-off hits.
    How is that "taking a bit of a ride?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Crawford getting on base has been the key. His OBP in the .200's and rising is the key to the bridge to 20M. Ellsbury continues his great CF defense and his destroying LHP. He is the player of the week for the first time in his career, which ties him with Crisp and 100's of other 1 time selections. As Moonslow says, gold gloves and players of the week is a subjective vote by people who haven't see the player play much. Jeter won 5 gold gloves because the coaches and managers didn't see him play but an inning or two. Moonslow has seen Jeter more than the players and coaches.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I was wrong in spring 2008, Ellsbury is worse defensively than I thought and he also has more problems with LHP than I thought. AGon and Ortiz have a way of boosting the OBP of the guys in front of them, though Bellsbury's OBP will decline this year. Put Bellsbury on the Mariners or Royals to get a layman's clearer picture on what his limitations are. The laymen though he was a gold glove elite CF defender, in 2008. They no longer think that.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I was wrong in spring 2008, Ellsbury is worse defensively than I thought and he also has more problems with LHP than I thought. AGon and Ortiz have a way of boosting the OBP of the guys in front of them, though Bellsbury's OBP will decline this year. Put Bellsbury on the Mariners or Royals to get a layman's clearer picture on what his limitations are. The laymen though he was a gold glove elite CF defender, in 2008. They no longer think that.  

For God sakes, warn a fellow poster before hitting him with this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Ells projected at 318 with 17 homers 82 RBI and 60 steals.

I don't know I but I think the Royals or the Mariners might think that was okay.

Red seems desperate as of late.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ells would be a nice RedSox rep for the AS game.
    Along with AGONE/PAPI of course.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Washington wiill want Cruz, and who can blame him, from the bench. Bellsbury will have to hope his career half year gets Washington to pick him over more worthy OF bench guys.

Ortiz
    AGon
    Beckett
    Lester
    Bard

All deserve All-Star spots over Bellsbury

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Actually, only Ortiz, AGon, and Beckett are more deserving than Ellsbury.  Lester has had an up and down season because of control issues.  Bard leads the AL in holds, but they usually go for closers. 

Granderson and Bautista are the two best hitting outfielders in the AL, but Ellsbury isn't far behind.  He is 2d in hits and doubles, 6th in batting average, 1st in SB's, and 3d or 4th in runs scored.  In pieces of five seasons he has committed 2 errors, and this year has 4 outfield assists to 0 errors.  I think the offseason helped him overall, but especially his hitting.  Against a very good Shields last night, he took an easy walk in the first, but then stroked a single on the first pitch in his next at bat.  He doesn't just have a good stroke, he knows he has one and is brimming with confidence.  He hit that long fly to right in a late inning with a man on base and almost tied the game--again, against Shields.  It is also possible he benefits from watching AGon hitting.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]You are missing the point. It's not about Crawford. It's about the CRAWBURY tandem and how they affect the RedSox, as well as the opposition.

Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Geez...are you really amazed that the team does well when you have guys hitting well? Shocking, isn't it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

max, you forgot Hamilton, who is Babe Ruth, compared to Bellsbury. Lester ERA is solid and he has 9 wins. Get real.

Ellsbury has a reverse pivot short arm swing. With AGon and Ortiz lighting it up, that's where his confidence comes from. He has speed and they don't want to walk him with AGon and Ortiz tearing up the league in the first half. He gets terrific pitches to hit and he has always been able to slap the ball. Put Ellsbury on KC and see how confident he is. He's also a weak defensive CF'er.

Bottom line, Washington will have to pick him for a bench job, and he'll be behind Cruz on that list. And he does not deserve a spot over Lester, you have to be kidding!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Bard will not be an AS. No chance. He was much better last year.
    Lester's record is deceptive.

Jake so far deserves AS representation.
    And the way Josh pitched tonight, if he keeps it up, he should start the AS game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Again, tonight, Crawbury, on base, thrown out and useless. Youk and slugging was the "game changer".

Red Sox made a huge mistake on Crawford. Ellsbury hasn't earned an AS bench spot when Ortiz, AGon, Lester, Beckett and Bard deserve to be on an AS team crowded with Red Sox players on a team managed by Washington.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ellsbury , Beckett, Gonzo, and Papi..maybe even Paps..Lesters record is deceptive..he hasnt been bad per say, but not as good as that record would indicate..see dice-k 18-3..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Softy, you get dumber and dumber.  A reverse pivot short arm swing?  Is that so.  The key at bat was his battle right before the Pedroia triple and Youk HR.  Further, the guy does deserve to be on the All Star team and will probably get there if he keeps the same pace.  Of course pitchers don't want to put him on base to face the middle of the order.  That's baseball 101.  The fact that he is getting on base is still a product of his success.  Period.  You love to quote OBP expectations and have done so with Ellsbury many times.  Now that he reaches those benchmarks, you move the goalpost and say it is because of some other reason.  So his OBP is good only if the players behind him are struggling.  Since they are not, the OBP is not good.  Right...What a tool!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Softy, you get dumber and dumber.  A reverse pivot short arm swing?  Is that so.  The key at bat was his battle right before the Pedroia triple and Youk HR.  Further, the guy does deserve to be on the All Star team and will probably get there if he keeps the same pace.  Of course pitchers don't want to put him on base to face the middle of the order.  That's baseball 101.  The fact that he is getting on base is still a product of his success.  Period.  You love to quote OBP expectations and have done so with Ellsbury many times.  Now that he reaches those benchmarks, you move the goalpost and say it is because of some other reason.  So his OBP is good only if the players behind him are struggling.  Since they are not, the OBP is not good.  Right...What a tool!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

tool is def one word, of many, to describe him....hes just a complete narcissist/control freak..its pretty noticeable...He was telling dannycatr how tough he was on his "whos your fav player thread"..pretty sad actually...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]max, you forgot Hamilton, who is Babe Ruth, compared to Bellsbury. Lester ERA is solid and he has 9 wins. Get real. Ellsbury has a reverse pivot short arm swing. With AGon and Ortiz lighting it up, that's where his confidence comes from. He has speed and they don't want to walk him with AGon and Ortiz tearing up the league in the first half. He gets terrific pitches to hit and he has always been able to slap the ball. Put Ellsbury on KC and see how confident he is. He's also a weak defensive CF'er. Bottom line, Washington will have to pick him for a bench job, and he'll be behind Cruz on that list. And he does not deserve a spot over Lester, you have to be kidding!

Keep talking!  The more you knock him, the better he does!!!

OOOOH!  Tell us more about the reverse pivot swing!  You're so smart!

Please!

After he finishes the season as an elite player / hitter / CF'r will you please stick around & tell us more!

I finally figured out who you are......  You're that guy who used to stand behind home plate at the Rays games & scream at our players??  You're our good luck charm!

:)   :)