The crying and whining does not show any character.... as fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The crying and whining does not show any character.... as fans

Really?

Does this crying in your beer actually make you feel better?

I thought the tough get tougher, not wilt like two day old lettuce.

I'd really hate to count on you guys for support in something that really matters.

How can you think the team should stand for something when you won't stand with the team?   

BTW, not speaking obout being all "rah-rah."     I'm talking about the shrill, panicky slamming of anyone and everyone.

Grow up.  Grow some

Yup, grow some.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: The crying and whining dies not show any character.... as fans

Good rant Yaz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Remember that thread jimdavis started last year, This Board Is Full Of Whiners And Crybabies? That one sure got under a few peoples' skin. These days I'm taking the jt approach to whiners, crybabies and trolls.
    Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

That a boy Yaz....... Dad & Bill-806 is with you !!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I just bet my boss a large steak n cheese sub that the sox make the post season!

whining is NOT a word in my vocabulary.

GO SOX!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In Response to Re: The crying and whining dies not show any character.... as fans:
      That a boy Yaz....... Dad & Bill-806 is with you !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Did Yaz go 3 for 4 last night?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I disagree...the crying and whining actually does show character.  Not a pretty character, but character none the less. 

It's OK to be disapointed with the team once in a while, or be frustrated every now and then.  It's OK to say things like, "I'm so upset Gonzo didn't get a critical hit last night grrrr".  But the next night when Gonzo steps up to the plate you cheer for him, you forget about what happened yesterday, you know that he will come through. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: The crying and whining dies not show any character.... as fans:
    In Response to Re: The crying and whining dies not show any character.... as fans : Did Yaz go 3 for 4 last night?
    Posted by 111SoxFan111

Don't know ... but the wife can give you a play by play.   And a final box score.
    She won't ... but she could.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I disagree...the crying and whining actually does show character.  Not a pretty character, but character none the lesats s.  It's OK to be disapointed with the team once in a while, or be frustrated every now and then.  It's OK to say things like, "I'm so upset Gonzo didn't get a critical hit last night grrrr".  But the next night when Gonzo steps up to the plate you cheer for him, you forget about what happened yesterday, you know that he will come through. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25

LOL ...thanks for the clarification, Yoshi. 

I even posted "Argh" last nite and the bats have to wake up again.   It's the one's who start questioning even the birth heritage and stuff ...  

I understgand frustration, our little artist, been with the Sox since '62.  And ONLY the Sox.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Remember that thread jimdavis started last year, This Board Is Full Of Whiners And Crybabies? That one sure got under a few peoples' skin. These days I'm taking the jt approach to whiners, crybabies and trolls.
    Posted by carnie

Somethings don't change.  Unless ... you count evrey 86 years.  There is hope.  Heh!

Yep, thanks for reminding me about jimdavis' good stand.

I have to control myself ... think of pleasant things when the board gets over negative.  That's one reason I started "Rememering Freddy"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I just bet my boss a large steak n cheese sub that the sox make the post season! whining is NOT a word in my vocabulary. GO SOX!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

You de man, Hammah!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Fkn A Yaz old pard! you better believe it. You can see that this team has the components to be sucessfull. they showed it on the road taking 6 outta 7. so the A's took 2 outta 3 from us. so what if Agons in a little slump. we brought up the kid from AAA and he already made a good positive impact on the team. I love what kind of a defense we have. infield and outfield. It's early in may and I promise you bro, they are gonna get it together and go on a hot streak. just gotta let the pieces fall into place and the puzzle will get solved.

can you hear tom petty in the back round singing "I won't back down?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Fkn A Yaz old pard! you better believe it. You can see that this team has the components to be sucessfull. they showed it on the road taking 6 outta 7. so the A's took 2 outta 3 from us. so what if Agons in a little slump. we brought up the kid from AAA and he already made a good positive impact on the team. I love what kind of a defense we have. infield and outfield. It's early in may and I promise you bro, they are gonna get it together and go on a hot streak. just gotta let the pieces fall into place and the puzzle will get solved. can you hear tom petty in the back round singing "I won't back down?"
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I agree with you from top to bottom ...  

Losing to the A's seems to be an annual mystery, not just this year. At least that is what seems to darken my mind. I'll have to check it out.

I almost did hear petty .... maybe it was the fact that I read it so close to your suggestion. "o)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: The crying and whining does not show any character.... as fans

No one cries or whines more than the author of this lame thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

I just bet my boss a large steak n cheese sub that the sox make the post season! whining is NOT a word in my vocabulary. GO SOX!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

You're a Superstar, seeing MLB has become the NHL where almost everyone can make the Playoffs, with this second wild card garbage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: The crying and whining does not show any character.... as fans

Honesty = whining.

Noticing that the team pipes = disloyalty

Pointing out the lact of talent = wilting like lettuce

The captain of the Titanic could have used a few like Since Yaz.  When everyone was drowning, Yaz could have given them a pep talk, aka "Stop Whining!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: The crying and whining dies not show any character.... as fans : You're a Superstar, seeing MLB has become the NHL where almost everyone can make the Playoffs, with this second wild card garbage.
    Posted by tbs2007

THe NHL lets in 16 teams.  MLB lets in 10, 4 of whom go in at a disadvantage.  Hardly the same.

However, since the worst team in baseball wins 40% of the time and the best team wins 60% of the time, that is where the actual partiy exists...

Sections
Shortcuts