The Day the Forum Died

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: The Day the Forum Died

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Match up the player bashing in the  left column with the poster ( forum identity) on right.

Slackey                                                                        Georom

Big Sloppy                                                                    Law

Crawful                                                                        Bill-806

Theo Chicks                                                                 Andrewmitch

Buckett                                                                        Babe

Bahston Sux                                                                Bosox1941

Nancy Drew                                                                 CommieContrarian

Francoma                                                                     Triumph

Jake Bellsbury                                                               Pumpsie Green

Crawbust                                                                      Softlaw

ESAD                                                                             MikeyfromBronx

Jabroni                                                                          Youkillis

I thought we were talking about poster bashing. You know, like me calling you a slug.

[/QUOTE] LOL...i totally forgot about Theo chicks..tho there is only one true Theo chick...my girl RedSoxKimmi :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Match up the player bashing in the  left column with the poster ( forum identity) on right.

Slackey                                                                        Georom

Big Sloppy                                                                    Law

Crawful                                                                        Bill-806

Theo Chicks                                                                 Andrewmitch

Buckett                                                                        Babe

Bahston Sux                                                                Bosox1941

Nancy Drew                                                                 CommieContrarian

Francoma                                                                     Triumph

Jake Bellsbury                                                               Pumpsie Green

Crawbust                                                                      Softlaw

ESAD                                                                             MikeyfromBronx

Jabroni                                                                          Youkillis

[/QUOTE]

I thought we were talking about poster bashing. You know, like me calling you a slug.

[/QUOTE] LOL...i totally forgot about Theo chicks..tho there is only one true Theo chick...my girl RedSoxKimmi :-)

[/QUOTE]

and Yoshimi!  Aww man, I miss Yoshimi.  Come back Yoshimi, COME BACK!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I still think the original Law was the BDC troll extraordinare. Newer posters who think the likes of Softy or Bill are disruptive should have seen Law in his heyday. It literally seemed like that guy would show up in the morning and accumulate a couple hundred posts and 3-4 bannings by afternoon on a typical day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How could you have forgotten that?

the guy said it 70 times a day for three years.

That is not hyperbole. He really did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think the original Law was the BDC troll extraordinare. Newer posters who think the likes of Softy or Bill are disruptive should have seen Law in his heyday. It literally seemed like that guy would show up in the morning and accumulate a couple hundred posts and 3-4 bannings by afternoon on a typical day.

[/QUOTE]

Law was amazing.

He had the whole forum freaked out.

Softy was around back then as well, no one even noticed him with Law around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and Yoshimi!  Aww man, I miss Yoshimi.  Come back Yoshimi, COME BACK!!!

[/QUOTE]

I have her email. I will sell it to the highest bidder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to mize52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This. crow guy is a bad apple in the barrel.

Drewski is a huge Bruins fan, pike. It's hockey season, so my best guess he's on their forum  

B011ocks.  Whether-or-not one thinks Crow, or our other "one-liner" barometers (IMO) are funny (I generally do)....have you never noticed that "they" don't take the p1$$ out of the "nice" posters, the "smart" posters, the earnest posters, the proper fans, etc? 

They pr11ck the balloons of the pompous ar$es....long may they pr11ck!

[/QUOTE]

You must like the Yazzers, Conans, Triumph dogs, Tatoo, Torgo, TVFrank, CrowTRobot, DeerHunter, and GickChum then. Where in the poster guidelines are personal insults 24/7 denoted as being OK? Where is pompousity listed as a violation? The guidelines are not being enforced as they are so there might as well be none. Let anarchy prevail here. Bring in another 50 of the Yazzer clan.

Where is Drewski?

The smart posters were the first ones to point out the trolls.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to FajitaT's comment:

The forum according to the pike has been dying for 4 years.... 

and I was the moderator !

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I found interesting this exchange on a FanGraphs chat on Tuesday:

10:52 Comment From Gila Monster
    How do you write about a team on a team blog from an objective and often pessistic point of view? I’ve done this before and have struggled to get readers to take their team hat off and think logically and objectively. I presented an argument saying the Red Sox shouldn’t extend Ortiz/just issue a QO, and I got absolutely blasted and ignored. I imagine you have experience with this.

10:53 Jeff Sullivan: There’s a difference: Red Sox fans are conditioned to expect success. Mariners fans are conditioned to expect failure. So Mariners fans, on average, are more willing to accept analytical perspectives, even if they’re pessimistic, while Red Sox fans are more likely to be all rah-rah emotional sorts

10:54 Jeff Sullivan: The closer your team is to winning, the less people care about how that happens

10:54 Jeff Sullivan: When a team is bad, a lot of the emotion goes away and you’re left with objectivity and various facts

10:55 Jeff Sullivan: In the long run, as long as you make good arguments and present them well, people will climb on board. But it does matter who you’re writing for/about

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

I wondered where JimDavis was so I sent him an email.

He said that he has been monitoring this forum and said that it is still the same where everyone comes in to argue, be combative, insult others, speculate, and gossip.

He especially was incensed on why so many of the fraternity support this Crowtrobot bufoon who insults everyone all day long and the BDC moderators do nothing about it. He said that he has been gone two years now and will never come back since the real fans have left and only the kiddies remain. He told me that he thinks that Crowtrobot is Babe and that Meditation Guru is Burrito.

The forum lost a great true Red Sox fan when Jimdavis left. 

[/QUOTE]

Crowtrobot only insults those who deserve it.  Especially you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where are NHSteven and Drewski?

[/QUOTE]

There right behind you, Pike. BOO!

[/QUOTE]

Not there but "they are" or there're. 

Comics, Movies, MST3K, Video Games, 

[/QUOTE]

You got me on that one, genius. Except it s/b 'they're.' Never too late to get that GED.

[/QUOTE]

No problem here, I have two college degrees. I learned how to write proper grammar in grade school however. Keep trolling and proper grammar might fall into your mind. 

Don't feel bad though. I'm sure that you are great at video games and have a basement loaded with old comic books.  There is a TV marathon of cult Sci-Fi movies tomorrow on the Sci-Fi channel. Go out and load up on popcorn and soda. Amazon has a sale on CrowTRobot merchandise tomorrow. It is nice for some to be 60 yrs. old going on to 12.

[/QUOTE]

You're in trouble now, Jose! 

Because you've got multiple degrees, you will no doubt be branded, like me, by Crowbutt(or whatever) as being an elitist.

A question I had for him once was that I hope he enjoyed the soda and popcorn watching the parade go by.  Not everyone can be in the parade.  There must be people like Crowbutt to gawk and clap their hands as we all go marching by.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where are NHSteven and Drewski?

[/QUOTE]

There right behind you, Pike. BOO!

[/QUOTE]

Not there but "they are" or there're. 

Comics, Movies, MST3K, Video Games, 

[/QUOTE]

You got me on that one, genius. Except it s/b 'they're.' Never too late to get that GED.

[/QUOTE]

No problem here, I have two college degrees. I learned how to write proper grammar in grade school however. Keep trolling and proper grammar might fall into your mind. 

Don't feel bad though. I'm sure that you are great at video games and have a basement loaded with old comic books.  There is a TV marathon of cult Sci-Fi movies tomorrow on the Sci-Fi channel. Go out and load up on popcorn and soda. Amazon has a sale on CrowTRobot merchandise tomorrow. It is nice for some to be 60 yrs. old going on to 12.

[/QUOTE]

You're in trouble now, Jose! 

Because you've got multiple degrees, you will no doubt be branded, like me, by Crowbutt(or whatever) as being an elitist.

A question I had for him once was that I hope he enjoyed the soda and popcorn watching the parade go by.  Not everyone can be in the parade.  There must be people like Crowbutt to gawk and clap their hands as we all go marching by.

[/QUOTE]

Amphole and Pike; now there's a tag team. Two slugs who define the term educated idiots.

[/QUOTE]

Crowbutt: the definition of UNEDUCATED idiot. Buffoon. Take your pick.

Sections
Shortcuts