The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway

The Henry Group is now activating Plan B.

It actually was Plan A.  But with the Red Sox winning enough to have sell out crowds for over eight seasons and with it coming the nostalgia of Fenway as the Home Central of Red Sox Nation, rehabbing Fenway and keeping that fervor alive seemed wise.

Now, the Henry Group has seen large swaths of empty seats for a season and a half, reminiscent of Camden Yard until recently and the Trop even still, the empowerment seems given.  There are few fans to offend, little history and panache to hold on to. 

Ever since that blockbuster trade with the resurgent Dodgers that brought back stunning prospects ... and helped ease the Henry wallet ... few want to pay the price of admission to see how wonderful an AA pitcher is ... and how much pleasure it is to see Loney boot another one at first...or maybe one should say watching Ivan throwiing another one away from short ...

Pedey and Will, Jon and Franklin, even Clay ... play well, but something is gone.  The air of celebration seems gone.

But there is a cadre of fans who are happy.  They will finally get a new ballpark.  

They were happy when Tito got canned.

They were happy when Beckett and Crawford were shipped out ... and knew there had to be aprice for it, so A-Gon sweetened the deal.  Sort of a reverse thing when Mike Lowell had to come with Beckett.

Ah, yes.  Now Boston will be like all the other baseball towns ... except Wrigley-ville (but who really cares there, since it now pushing 110 years since a Wprld Series crown.)

ANybody care for a whale watch?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway

I think Fenway will be just fine.  This ownership team has spent a fortune on that ballpark

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

you are high if you think they will tear down the Fens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

They can rebuild the exact same ballfield and make the stadium bigger, better, and more comfortable.  It can even look pretty much the same, only more modern.

Go to Yankee Stadium, and you get the feel of the old stadium, almost the exact same ballfield, and more comfort. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

$150 Mill. in updates ....
    and while it may be,
    nothing will surprise me now....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway:
    [QUOTE]They can rebuild the exact same ballfield and make the stadium bigger, better, and more comfortable.  It can even look pretty much the same, only more modern. Go to Yankee Stadium, and you get the feel of the old stadium, almost the exact same ballfield, and more comfort. 
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

Kamdog ... I'm just kidding, really.  Just exercising my frustration.

But you are right.  A modernized clone could be built.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway : Kamdog ... I'm just kidding, really.  Just exercising my frustration. But you are right.  A modernized clone could be built.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    As long as it doesn't have a Mickey Mouse left and a pin ball machine right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway : As long as it doesn't have a Mickey Mouse left and a pin ball machine right.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

I don't even have to play ignorant about this.  :o)  Does a new park, say YS II or II have them?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway:
    [QUOTE]The Henry Group is now activating Plan B. It actually was Plan A.  But with the Red Sox winning enough to have sell out crowds for over eight seasons and with it coming the nostalgia of Fenway as the Home Central of Red Sox Nation, rehabbing Fenway and keeping that fervor alive seemed wise. Now, the Henry Group has seen large swaths of empty seats for a season and a half, reminiscent of Camden Yard until recently and the Trop even still, the empowerment seems given.  There are few fans to offend, little history and panache to hold on to.  Ever since that blockbuster trade with the resurgent Dodgers that brought back stunning prospects ... and helped ease the Henry wallet ... few want to pay the price of admission to see how wonderful an AA pitcher is ... and how much pleasure it is to see Loney boot another one at first...or maybe one should say watching Ivan throwiing another one away from short ... Pedey and Will, Jon and Franklin, even Clay ... play well, but something is gone.  The air of celebration seems gone. But there is a cadre of fans who are happy.  They will finally get a new ballpark.   They were happy when Tito got canned. They were happy when Beckett and Crawford were shipped out ... and knew there had to be aprice for it, so A-Gon sweetened the deal.  Sort of a reverse thing when Mike Lowell had to come with Beckett. Ah, yes.  Now Boston will be like all the other baseball towns ... except Wrigley-ville (but who really cares there, since it now pushing 110 years since a Wprld Series crown.) ANybody care for a whale watch?

Before I checked the top of this post (after I read some of it), I thought it was culled from an emotionally charged journalist; your writing is excellent

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway : Before I checked the top of this post (after I read some of it), I thought it was culled from an emotionally charged journalist; your writing is excellent
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

:o)   One does what one can to keep his humor.   Thx.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Fenway Park is registered as a National Historical Landmark.  While not impossible to get permission from the government to destroy a National Historical Landmark, the amount of money and loss of tax breaks will be very significant.   Pretty sure Fenway is safe.

It is the only thing that endures.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Fenway Park is registered as a National Historical Landmark.  While not impossible to get permission from the government to destroy a National Historical Landmark, the amount of money and loss of tax breaks will be very significant.   Pretty sure Fenway is safe. It is the only thing that endures.
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Ahh, dear Yoshi ... I agree.  The OP was just an expansion of the wild emotions of the last day ...

Will your delightful,  impromptu marriage proposals continue? 

I will literally fight to keep the Fens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]They can rebuild the exact same ballfield and make the stadium bigger, better, and more comfortable.  It can even look pretty much the same, only more modern. Go to Yankee Stadium, and you get the feel of the old stadium, almost the exact same ballfield, and more comfort. 
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

The Yankees destroyed a huge part of their heritage by tearing down their old beloved Stadium to build an Albert Speer inspired playground for Manhattan millionaires.

No thank you.  Keep Fenway with all its quirks and discomforts, and keep our heritage intact.  No phony replica parks for RSN.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway : Ahh, dear Yoshi ... I agree.  The OP was just an expansion of the wild emotions of the last day ... Will your delightful,  impromptu marriage proposals continue?  I will literally fight to keep the Fens.

lol - yeah, I know! It's been a strange season....and very emotional.  And yeah, I'll continue to propose as long as they continue to hit the long ball. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Door is Now Open to Tear Down Fenway : The Yankees destroyed a huge part of their heritage by tearing down their old beloved Stadium to build an Albert Speer inspired playground for Manhattan millionaires. No thank you.  Keep Fenway with all its quirks and discomforts, and keep our heritage intact.  No phony replica parks for RSN.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

YS aside, Fenway is not a good place to play a baseball game. ( So thought Ted Williams. ) It's the Disneyland of ballparks. The Fenway Fun House. Pop flies go for homers or doubles in left. Balls hit down the line in right go round and round, and where they stop no one knows. Balls hit miles to center are caught. Foul ground is pinched. 
    I understand the sentiment. But I don't share it. There are good new parks with sensible dimensions. There is no reason why a sensible playing surface should be located in a park without personality.