Re: The Draft

In response to HankukSox's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

#45: Stankiewicz, Teddy

Sox4ever

Just great. I look forward to the years and years of BDC posters mis-spelling his name. Trey Ball was simple. But no, they just had to change it up and make things complicated... 

Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I promise I will mispell his name regularly.

[/QUOTE]

It's an i before e thing, especially before a w. 

Sounds like German OutKast album

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Stanky might be a good nickname for him...when he's pitching good we can say he's throwing that stanky stuff. 

with his plus fastball he'll be throwing that stanky cheese

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Stank you very much

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

To bad it's too late to trade up for a competitive balance pick....I'd live to get Ryan Bodlt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Eddie Stanky > Teddy Stanki

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Do the Stanky Leg...

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If he has a nasty pitch we can call it a stanker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He doesn't have a fastball he just throws stanky cheese.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

definitely choked we took another pitcher with austin wilson still available, wilson was a first round talent before  getting hurt which lead to him dropping, after taking a pitcher with the first pick, and outfielder with pop would have been a much better choice. so far i would give our draft a C+. Not overly impressed. we have lots of arms in the system, we need bats. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

How bout a battery of Salty-Stanky.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

How bout a battery of Salty-Stanky.

HAHA!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Stanky looks in to salty, comes to the set, the 1-2 pitch.....He struck him out!!

Of course salty is probably not our catcher in 4 years from now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

definitely choked we took another pitcher with austin wilson still available, wilson was a first round talent before  getting hurt which lead to him dropping, after taking a pitcher with the first pick, and outfielder with pop would have been a much better choice. so far i would give our draft a C+. Not overly impressed. we have lots of arms in the system, we need bats.

For what it's worth, I saw Austin Wilson go 1-for-5 in a game against the University of Oregon this year:

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-basebl/stats/2012-2013/stan37.html

I must admit I don't remember anything specific about Wilson ... we'll see whether the Seattle Mariners got a good hitter in Wilson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I thought this was kind of interesting,Trey Ball used a wooden bat during High School instead of an aluminum one.Don't see that too much anymore.

Here's a link to an article about it and to a 2 minute video of him hitting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/no-7-mlb-draft-pick-trey-ball-unilaterally-110909511.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

There is still some talent left on the board.  I'm sure we will sign some college seniors, but I think we still grab about 2 guys who fall for signability concerns and we go over slot for them. 

I still like Ryan Boldt, Sandberg and Talez.  We seem to be thin in the lower depth of the minors in position players; I think they will address that today and tomorrow.

But who knows I've been wrong about almost everything so far.  I got the top 4 rigth! just in the wrong order.  Generally I got the top 10, but again all out of order and Trey Ball was a surprise, I've heard his name mentioned and I thought he was a possibility but I really thought one of Stewart/Frazier/Moran would fall to them and if they didn't they would take Meadows.

The further away from pick#1 you get the more of a crap shoot it is so who knows what happens today.  It will be wait and see and then study up on the guy they take.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I would have preferred the local kid Kevin Ziomek from Vanderbilt over Stanko. He is a big, college lefty who was the Friday night starter for a dominant college program. He had comparable stats to Appel this season.

KZ: 11-2, 1.92 ERA, 112.1 IP, 74 H, 38 BB, 111 K, 0.186 BAA

MA: 10-4, 2.12, 106 IP, 80 H, 23 BB, 130 K, 0.203 BAA

Seems like KZ lacks the command and swing and miss capabilities of Appel, but still knows how to pitch. I would have preferred the more advanced college arm to pair with Ball - who is a project in the truest of definitions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Sox take Denney, who was in the first round on almost everyones mock draft.  Slipped presumabley because of signability concerns...I think the Sox push to sign him otherwise they wouldn't of wasted this pick on him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?topic_id=40395496&content_id=25489123

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sox choose HS catcher 18yr old Jon Denney with 3rd round 81st pick overall.

6'2 205lbs youkon (Oaklahoma) HS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sox take Denney, who was in the first round on almost everyones mock draft.  Slipped presumabley because of signability concerns...I think the Sox push to sign him otherwise they wouldn't of wasted this pick on him. 

sorry I was writing when you posted...Sealed

This kid looks good on both offens eand defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

sorry I was writing when you posted...Sealed

This kid looks good on both offens eand defense.

[/QUOTE]

Hey you wrote it better than me, you got the highschool and everything in there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

41 out of the first 100 picks hs kids. Throw in another 5 or 6 freshman juco and we re at almost 50 percent. Like I mentioned in a previous post, this new CBa really hurts the coll players as far as money goes. Look for the $1000 coll seniors to start dropping like flies again after rnd 5, then back to hs kids from 10 to 20 rnd...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Jon Denney - 

Oh that guy! you mean a top 30 prospect who was projected to go in the first round; may be the best catcher in the draft but slipped due to signability concerns???

yeah I guess he's a Red Sox fan....supposedly! looks like he might be a little bit more signable to us. 

@jondenney26 This is awesome i have been a Red Sox fan my whole life! Now I'm apart of their organization!

Sections
Shortcuts