The Drama-Free Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: The Drama-Free Season

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Hey Zac!

Ive seen you post some not so friendly pics about NYY as well. I think its all in good fun and I even get a good laugh at some of them. Some folks take things way too seriously. especially baseball. Ive gone through some very tough things in my life and have realized that you cant take things too seriously to the point that some here do. Life is too short and there are much more important things in life...

With that said, I LOVE this game and the Red Sox. I enjoy the NY/Boston rivalry and talking with fans of other teams that I can have a good respectable back and forth with. I consider you one of them. Enjoy your day.

thanks much 4 your kind words 777

some need to lighten up

one needs a to get ____

just heard some fun interviews of gomes and dempster on D & C

have U ever thrown $3 away trying 2 save $1

no but I threw 200 mill away trying 2 save a couple of mill

Yes I did watch those interviews Zac. Im really beginning to think that these guys are going to have eachothers back and be much more enjoyable to watch this year. Like Gomes said, you obviously have to have talent on the team, but chemistry is very important as well. From everything ive seen and heard so far, it seems that this version of the Sox will have both.

Also glad to see Lester redeem himself after his comments the other day. I felt that he was just very frustrated and didnt articulate his thoughts very well. I imagine that Farrell and maybe a couple others had a talk with him...Heres to some good baseball in 2013!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to crix's comment:

Please, Boston Sports Media:

No more chicken and beer.

No more Bobby V comments/opinions by players of him. 

No more petty squabbles with former players/managers/GM.

No more manufactured clubhouse drama.

It's a new season.

Time to move on.

A good sentiment; unfortunately, now, like the NYY, despite the payroll, they have talent issues.

I think theres plenty of talent on this team nhs. The problem lies in staying healthy and underperforming...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to selenium's comment:

Very perplexing, a conundrum. Why does a Yankee fans spend his entire day posting on a rival forum, listening to Red Sox talk radio, watching NESN shows, reading the Globe, Herald, Providence Journal, and Hartford Courant? Could it be that he is in reality a Red Sox fan pretending to be a Yankee fan in order to keep the forum alive? 

ORRRRRR he could be a yankee fan who deep down, wants to be a red sox fan..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Farrell undecided on beer in the clubhouse

February 12, 2013 1:18 pm

By Tim Britton

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Manager John Farrell said Tuesday that the team has not yet decided whether it will allow beer in the clubhouse following home games this season. Bobby Valentine banned beer last season in the wake of 2011's in-game drinking.

"That's something that we're still having discussions internally," Farrell said. "At the appropriate time, we'll make that announcement if it needs to be. We've got a lot of other things to take care of first before we worry about if a beer's going to be opened after the game."

anybody else surprised he didn't nip it in bud right there

Come on Zac! Get real! Everyone knows thats a mug of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider in Farrell's hand! Being photographed drinking beer would be much too controversial.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

By Tim Britton

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Manager John Farrell said Tuesday that the team has not yet decided whether it will allow beer in the clubhouse following home games this season. Bobby Valentine banned beer last season in the wake of 2011's in-game drinking.

"That's something that we're still having discussions internally," Farrell said. "At the appropriate time, we'll make that announcement if it needs to be. We've got a lot of other things to take care of first before we worry about if a beer's going to be opened after the game."

yeah zac!!! quit it with the negative pictures!! i mean COME ON! JF with a smile on his face and a drink in his hand?? how RUDE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

how about a beer policy where no one drinks it until after the game is done?

is this supposed to be a big, hard decision?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Come on Zac! Get real! Everyone knows thats a mug of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider in Farrell's hand! Being photographed drinking beer would be much too controversial.

maybe he was drunk

good point mr green

maybe I shoulda just gone with the original pic

and said it was beer inside the cup

but who woulda believed me ;-)

LOL Mef

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

maybe he was drunk

good point mr green

maybe I shoulda just gone with the original pic

and said it was beer inside the cup

but who woulda believed me ;-)

LOL Mef

now it looks like he took a page out of lil' Waynes book and is drinking cough syrup. i'm sure that's less contraversial than having beer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Is a bong hit OK during the 7th inning stretch?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

absolutely! it's part of my Red Sox ritual. every 7th inning i bust out Jacoby Bongsbury and go to the moon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

absolutely! it's part of my Red Sox ritual. every 7th inning i bust out Jacoby Bongsbury and go to the moon.

We guessed that about you, but I was wondering if players can or not.

;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

We guessed that about you, but I was wondering if players can or not.

;)

maybe if they played for the rockies..

and yeah, that's why i often don't make sense on the game threads :p

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nice.  Depending on the score, i will either bust out the Green Monster or, if necessary, Terry Stankona.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, who will geo call the "ringleader"?

mef or space?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

It seems like every player on this Sox team has a chip on their shoulder (in a good way).  They have so many guys with something to prove - to show that last year was not what they really are. 

That could make for an interesting year. 

I expect they will play hard and work hard and at least be fun to watch. 

I agree 100%

Nice to come across someone who is open minded to this being a fun season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Please, Boston Sports Media:

No more Bobby V comments/opinions by players of him. 

No more petty squabbles with former players/managers/GM.

No more manufactured clubhouse drama.

It's a new season.

Time to move on.

A good sentiment; unfortunately, now, like the NYY, despite the payroll, they have talent issues.

I think theres plenty of talent on this team nhs. The problem lies in staying healthy and underperforming...

Even the Astros have plenty of talent. Also, the Mets have plenty of talent, if you overlook the OF. Their MGR talks about "How we have all these talented guys vying for OF spots"; so apparently, he doesn't agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

happy valentines day KST

How did the Yankees do with their one and done post seasons? Too much beer? Too much chicken? We'll never know because there will never be a negative story about the Yankee clubhouse -- even with all the steroids being passed around for lunch.

LOL

never thought I'd see a sox fan calling the yanks a 1 and done team

Oh, and I doubt there are any Sox fans on Yankee boards putting up negative pics of Girardi. But I'm sure your fans here will find that funny as usual. Fun for the feeble-minded.

no harm intended

I simply asked why he didn't say what the  policy was and end the conversation

instead of putting it off for another day

the photo like several other photos of the man

suggest that they might go back to allowing it

because he fancies a drink himself after the game

nothing wrong with that IMO

Hey Zac!

Ive seen you post some not so friendly pics about NYY as well. I think its all in good fun and I even get a good laugh at some of them. Some folks take things way too seriously. especially baseball. Ive gone through some very tough things in my life and have realized that you cant take things too seriously to the point that some here do. Life is too short and there are much more important things in life...

With that said, I LOVE this game and the Red Sox. I enjoy the NY/Boston rivalry and talking with fans of other teams that I can have a good respectable back and forth with. I consider you one of them. Enjoy your day.

And even Zac is smart enough to know that any pics he puts up of the Yankees is on a Sox board not a Yankee board. Don't know why you're not. Why don't you ask him the name of a Yankee board where he puts up negative pics of the Yankees?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

By Tim Britton

How did the Yankees do with their one and done post seasons? Too much beer? Too much chicken? We'll never know because there will never be a negative story about the Yankee clubhouse -- even with all the steroids being passed around for lunch.

Oh, and I doubt there are any Sox fans on Yankee boards putting up negative pics of Girardi. But I'm sure your fans here will find that funny as usual. Fun for the feeble-minded.

Least they are making the post season.

And there it is yet again. "Triumph the spring break hunter" defending the Yankees while bashing the Sox. Couldn't be more transparent. Maybe he'll have another 400 posts a month from now even more intriguing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

I suggest trying this at home:  I just pushed the "ignore" button for Triumph, Softlaw, Carnie & Enchilada.... It was cleansing to say the least.  It is only fitting to do so at the start of spring training, the symbol of a fresh start.  I figured posting on the drama-free thread was appropriate.  Any other suggestions of who to disregard are welcome.  Now back to baseball talk.....

I agree. And I'll add that all these clowns who don't enjoy my posts should put me on ignore.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

By Tim Britton

And there it is yet again. "Triumph the spring break hunter" defending the Yankees while bashing the Sox. Couldn't be more transparent. Maybe he'll have another 400 posts a month from now even more intriguing.

So says Mrs. Saran Wrap.

Just curious...are your lame one-liners that you perfected years ago NOT hijacking threads? Just want to be clear on that.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

By Tim Britton

So says Mrs. Saran Wrap.

Just curious...are your lame one-liners that you perfected years ago NOT hijacking threads? Just want to be clear on that.

Do you call and wake up Pike for the day crazy shift?

Does Babe ever sleep is the real question.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts