The dreaded "September swoon"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: The dreaded

In response to djbosox2004's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

So what djbosox is saying is that we should pay attention to the recent 8 game sample size and ignore the 116 game outlier sample...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

No, what i`m saying is that in the first half or so of the season, most of the breaks and what could go right did go right for the Sox. The problem is that things have a way of evening themselves out. No moves to improve and a pathetic brand of baseball in recent games is really just bringing out what this team really is. A clubhouse of "fun" guys that are an average team.

They have been the most consistent team in baseball. The only team to not have lost as much as 4 games in a row all year. Thats the kind of tema that has a good chance of winning it all.

They got a front line starter in kjake Peavy and already had one of the best offenses in MLB, and with nothing on the market that really fit the team, they stood pat on the offensive side, which I have no issue with.

You can have a bunch of very good players that make up a great team, or you could have a clubhouse of great names that are not a great team (2012).

They are still 25-18 in the 2nd half of the season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Yeah, it's too bad. I knew it couldn't last. The season is  over.

Wait ... we're two games up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I gotta tell you, reading these posts and posts on other threads, it seems like many are happy, or at least relieved the Sox are stumbling a little.  Most of the threads are negative.  When the Sox win, things are quiet.  When the Sox lose, the board is alive and well.  And people wonder why some have left these boards.  Many Sox fans seem to only be happy when they are miserable. 

There was a lot of talk like this in 2007 too.  Now, I am not saying this team is as good as the 2007 club, but the Sox were two games up like they are now and "fans" were saying the season is over.  How about this.  Let the games play out.  Enjoy this great game of baseball.  Enjoy the season until it is over.  Well, that is what I plan to do anyway.  To each his/her own I guess.

If a manager doesn't have confidence in his ball players, even when they're going badly, they're not going to have confidence in themselves. And when a ballplayer's confidence is gone, you haven't got a ballplayer - Birdie Tebbetts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

16 - 12 since AS break with one day off no days off on either of the past trips to or from west coast---usually you get a day off when going to WC. The RS may have a reason to be sluggish
    BTW the Rs have increased their lead on all except TB and that is 2 games just as it was at the AS game.

So if theyy are swooning so is the rest of the AL.

They are still the second best hitting team and their SP is equal to Tampa 5th in the AL and their RP has gone from 13th +4.00 in the AL to 8th at 3.69 equal to the O's and better than the Rays.

I bring up the Rays since every one says they have the best staff in AL and sometimes MLB but RS are considered far less better than Rays yet numbers show differently.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.