1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The Dumbest Management in Baseball

On top of everyone else, Stephen Drew for $9.5M? Are you kidding me?

I thought the Victorino and Dempster deals were bad, but this tops the cake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: The Dumbest Management in Baseball

ben is a certifiable loon....he needs to have the car keys taken away from him.....what a disaster.....just think they could have had sanchez for what they paid drew and gomes.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Whining crybaby. And the term is takes the cake, not tops the cake. Because you know, take and cake rhyme?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

carnie...are you for this signing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ben is a certifiable loon....he needs to have the car keys taken away from him.....what a disaster.....just think they could have had sanchez for what they paid drew and gomes.....

[/QUOTE]

Not quite.  Gomes and Drew = 19.5 million.  Sanchez = 80 million.  Don't forget the 'number of years' thing.  It matters sometimes. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not quite.  Gomes and Drew = 19.5 million.  Sanchez = 80 million.  Don't forget the 'number of years' thing.  It matters sometimes. :-)

[/QUOTE]
     i was referring to yearly spending...u know that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

carnie...are you for this signing?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Especially for one year. He'll be playing for a contract in a hitter's park. I think it could work out well. Do you think signing Greinke for 6 years and Sanchez for 5 were good moves?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

abso about the studs signing for 5/6...thats why there were ranked as the top free agents....drew? not in anyones top list of anything and he is now making close 8 figures...

doesnt seem like a vote of confidence to iggy however...or pedro C....agreed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

abso about the studs signing for 5/6...thats why there were ranked as the top free agents....drew? not in anyones top list of anything and he is now making close 8 figures...

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Pedro C is a backup MLer at best. Iglesias needs to learn how to hit. IMO neither of those guys deserves a vote of confidence at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Better than trying to sign a guy for four to six years contract!!

Ben is trying to buy a little time to find who is the guy that can play at the SS position for a long time!!

Same with pitching!!  Dempster have two years contract and Lackey is now down to two more years left on his contract including the option contract for the 2015 season.  Hopefully within two years from now, Boston hope to have at least three to four new up coming homegrown players to start for the Boston Red Sox team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Marco Scutaro, a mediocre 37-year old second baseman got $20m/3.

Demand is outstripping supply....the Sox want short contracts....the Sox are committed to their farm system so don't want to give up draft picks.  That's why the contracts have been a bit larger than expected.  But the Sox have plenty of budget to spend to achieve the above.  It's not hard to understand.  Easy to b1tch, I suppose, so carry on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On top of everyone else, Stephen Drew for $9.5M? Are you kidding me?

I thought the Victorino and Dempster deals were bad, but this tops the cake.

[/QUOTE]

I think the reason Sox didn't want Hamilton was because Ben was affraid that Josh would find The booze thats in Bens office. I mean you can't be sober to make moves like he has..... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The team might be ready to move on from Iggy. They should of traded him a year ago. You know who is going to be ready when this deal is up? Bogaerts you a player that can hit.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Is that the same amount of money the Yankees are paying Jeter. I always said Cherrington was a dope and his or Larry Luchinno or whoever is running this team. At least if you are spending money get someone good. I am also tired of hearing about them getting burned with AGONs and Crawford's contract. They had those contracts for less than two years. So now they are never going to get a good player and get involved in a long term contract ? Sure so lets spend more for mediocrity and garbage. Just plain bad management.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well it makes a big difference so you don't really have a point.  The contracts that have been killing us are the long ones.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is that the same amount of money the Yankees are paying Jeter. I always said Cherrington was a dope and his or Larry Luchinno or whoever is running this team. At least if you are spending money get someone good. I am also tired of hearing about them getting burned with AGONs and Crawford's contract. They had those contracts for less than two years. So now they are never going to get a good player and get involved in a long term contract ? Sure so lets spend more for mediocrity and garbage. Just plain bad management.

[/QUOTE]

Jeter for 9.5 million?  What are you smoking?  Jeter's contract is 3 x 17 = 51 million.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well it makes a big difference so you don't really have a point.  The contracts that have been killing us are the long ones.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what put organizations in a strangle hold, and keeps them from moving on and getting better. Short and sweet, is the way to go

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Why the complaining?  One year, in a position where the Sox have potential in the pipe, but nothing major league ready, and THIS is where you flip your lids?  You gotta be kididng me.  It's a potential loss, potential wash, and it buys time to see who is who and what they can do, with the young guys.  Yes, the yearly salary is high, but again...  If you are going to short guys on years, you will have to increase the yearly pay.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Truly amazing complain about long term high salaries yet use that as a reason to say they could have had Sanchez.

Drew at 9 mil is better than BJ Upton at 15 for 5 yrs 75 mil

What is wrong with Iggy, Ciracio, Pedroia, Middlebrooks and Drew manning 2nd. short and 3rd? At 30 Pedroia is the oldest. 

Right now the RS have a competitive team and still have every draft pick and minor leaguer. They have 4 SP that has and still can win 15 games each.

The RP is stronger and if they can be better than 30 losses last year inluding in that the 20+ BS it should be a good year.

Then next year some of the kids just maybe have proved them selves in AA and AAA. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Truly amazing complain about long term high salaries yet use that as a reason to say they could have had Sanchez.

What is wrong with Iggy, Ciracio, Pedroia, Middlebrooks and Drew manning 2nd. short and 3rd? At 30 Pedroia is the oldest. 

Right now the RS have a competitive team and still have every draft pick and minor leaguer. They have 4 SP that has and still can win 15 games each.

The RP is stronger and if they can be better than 30 losses last year inluding in that the 20+ BS it should be a good year.

Then next year some of the kids just maybe have proved them selves in AA and AAA. 

[/QUOTE]i want what jim is having...and make it a double, like jim!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How's that kool-aid tasting Jim?

Sections
Shortcuts