The Essence of Timmy Wakefield: As Articulated by A Poster From Another Site

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Re: The Essence of Timmy Wakefield: As Articulated by A Poster From Another Site

OK. GUESS WHO ARE SECOND AND THIRD IN MOST OF THOSE CATAGORIES AS WELL. ROGER CLEMENS AND CY YOUNG. THOSE STATS MEAN NOTHING. HE HAS THE SECOND MOST GAMES AND MOST GAME STARTS. IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMPAIR STATS YOU NEED TO TAKE ALL OF THEM INTO ACCOUNT

sorry about the caps. noticed to late the lock was on and by then I was in to deep

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: The Essence of Timmy Wakefield: As Articulated by A Poster From Another Site

"I thought we were going to have to need a wheelbarrow to get him off the field," manager Terry Francona said

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Losers Under Obama's Vision to Prosperity (The reality of Hope and Change and Unemployement, and Deficit and Debt Records)

• High Income Earners – Raise the top two income tax rates for individuals, from 33 percent and 35 percent, to 36 percent and 39.6 percent, respectively.  Result: nearly $1 trillion in higher taxes on couples making more than $250,000 and individuals making more than $200,000 by not renewing Bush-era tax cuts for them.
    • Investors - Increase the top capital gains tax rate from 15 percent to 20 percent for families making more than $250,000 a year and individuals making more than $200,000.  This may have a gradual impact on stock market returns.  With a higher capital gains rate, high net worth investors may shift to other assets with a more desirable net return profile.
    • Oil and Gas Companies & Multinationals - Increase taxes on U.S. companies with major overseas operations, and plans to increase taxes on oil and gas companies to the tune of about $39 Billion over the next decade.  Also, restrict the ability of international companies to defer taxes on profits made overseas, raising about $26 billion over the next decade.
    • Charities – Since many charities rely on contributions from www.darwinsfinance.com/good-deed-charitable-giving/" target="_blank">high income earners, the new limit on itemized tax deductions high earners can claim for charitable donations, mortgage interest and state and local taxes, will likely hurt.
    • Banks/Financials - Enact a “financial crisis responsibility fee” on large firms that may be “too big to fail”, raising $90 billion over the next decade.
    • Fund Managers – Change the way profits by investment fund managers are taxed, raising an additional $24 billion over the next decade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Wilber Wood won 20 as a knuckler-baller.
    Wilber Wood lost 20 as a knuckleballer.

Softlaw is lost. Period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No, Notin, as you point out, Wakefield sharing dubior cumalitive record with other great pitchers does not make his career in a class with great pitchers. He is in a class of pitchers who have had long mediocre careers, the antithesis of the great Koufax. He's been kept around since the true wash up in the 2nd of 2009. To do so, they have had to deal with him like the old guy he is. Since being moved into the rotation, he has had to be given booster chair days off between starts.

Start 1 Had pitched one inning in 13 days prior to his first start (quality start)
    Start 2 5 days later Imploded
    Start 3 16 days later v. Cubs (quality start)
    Start 4 5 days later
    Start 5 5 days later (marginal and a loss)
    Start 6 7 days later (Poor 5.1 5 ER Win should go to Aceves)

He's averaging a week of squatting time between starts, and did not look good performance wise or physically in his last start. My hope is the ball in another 5 days, not 7 days.

His ERA is 4.84 in 2011, and over 5 since 2nd half of 2009

Pretty clear that Wakefield's only role would be in the rotation, but he's no physically capable of being in the rotation. DFA or DL him before the oldest player in baseball really hurts himself, and call-up Doubrant before it gets uglier.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

In Response to Re: The Essence of Timmy Wakefield: As Articulated by A Poster From Another Site:
    Not a fair bet. And I don't want you to retire your character, he's NY's finest and reflects the fine people in his district. Let's do this. If Tim Wastefield pitches 6 complete innings and is charged with 3 runs or less, I will agree to say that the week off was just the booster chair that Timmy needed.
    Posted by betterredthandead

yes, 51% of new yorkers want me to stay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: The Essence of Timmy Wakefield: As Articulated by A Poster From Another Site:
    3-1
    Posted by Joebreidey

Yup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Had JD Drew been charged with an error (he should have for his poor jump on the ball, he also caught a ball similar the night before for Lester), the ERA would have been just 2 runs charged to Wakefield WHILE HE WAS IN THE GAME....inherited runner scored when Tito did his usual panic job in pulling Wakefield early (also check the video and watch Varitek say something to Francona, but Francona shuts him down angrily..it was Tek saying no reason to pull him this early, and Francona saying I've made up my mind, stop it...)....Wakefield is a 6 inn SP because of Francona, and ERAs for 6 inn pitchers will always be 5 or high 4s if you give up a few runs, or a few inherited runners score....Aceves is a great talent, and I'm glad he got the 5-4-3 DP, but if he gives up a hit there, it's another run charged to Wakefield. Thus my point of who cares about ERA??? It's about winning. d'uh winning....Sox won, everyone happy. Except for softbetteroffdead

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

As for being on a regular rotation, don't forget for 1 day Wakefield was told his start was "skipped" and then it was changed back with Clay being pushed back. There is rarely a time where Wakefield can feel like the other 4 starters when it comes to will he or won't he get his next start. It's always going to be this way for Tim, and I think he has pitched extraordinary under those circumstances. No way would a John Lackey perform with the knowledge he could be skipped or thrown into the bullpen on a moment's notice. You all should be embracing Wakefield (who am I kidding, it's just this moronredsoftdead doing the anti-Timmy brigade here).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Hardly a hit by pitch there prior to the 3-2 walk with a fly ball in between. I don't think Tim was in trouble, but Tito again treats him as if he's going to fall apart before he falls apart. Like I said, if the pen throws well, so be it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

who gave him the 16 days off? the manager, not Wakefield.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Why anyone responds to the original poster is beyond me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Just like Slackey, blaming the earned runs on Drew and Aceves. Wastefield was what the stat box says he wasy, poor!

Aceves gets the real win, in any rational minded book. I doubt anyone with reason would claim that King Felix's performance was all about "winning" as in his "W-L" record. Get a grip, Wastefield is bad.

Sections
Shortcuts