The Fade Begins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The Fade Begins

Isn't that what some have been thinking and some more expected all along?

Except ...

It isn't the Red Sox that are fading.  They continue to play @ .600 ball. 

The Rays have been shooting the moon, but the Red Sox haven't been fading.

The remarkable year continues.  Clay has been out for ever.  Yet we find ways to win.  Lester's extended drought was sure proof that we were ready for a correction but ... Lackey, Doubie and assorted talents and prospects have done just enough to  be ... effective enough that we were the first team to 50 wins, in the lead paxck od those at 60 ,... and now we are breathing down the neck of 70.

The Rays ARE playing extremely well.  The Os are too ... but they remain a few games back of the lead pair.

The remarkable Yanquis aren't too far back ... 

But remaining near .600 is still where the SOX are.

What a remarkable two wins v the Ms!  I get up at 2 AM Eastern. So I dont stay up past 10 PM too often.  Last week, when a game ended at 1 AM, I just showered and got ready for work ...  But the last 2 nights, I admit I went to bet and ESPECIALLY last night was sure we had lost the fight against the king.  Then the 9th inning insurrection began!  WOW!!!!

Prophets of doom, time to enjoy the season, for Pete's sake.  ENJOY IT while you can.  If we falter ... and you can claim  a "Told you so"   WHY THE HECK NOT ENJOY WHILE WE Can!!!

Heck, I appreciate you guys and gals that enjoy it anyway!  We sure are having a good time!

GO SOX!!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Re: The Fade Begins

OMG a team with a top 5 payrole in baseball is acutally winning!!!!! AMAZING!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

What fade ?????    Go SOX  !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to BostonBruinss's comment:

Weak....I expect to that hear that at Camden Yards from the most knowledgable(laughable) fans in baseball

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Except ...

The remarkable year continues.  Clay has been out for ever.  Yet we find ways to win.  Lester's extended drought was sure proof that we were ready for a correction but ... Lackey, Doubie and assorted talents and prospects have done just enough to  be ... effective enough that we were the first team to 50 wins, in the lead paxck od those at 60 ,... and now we are breathing down the neck of 70.

The Rays ARE playing extremely well.  The Os are too ... but they remain a few games back of the lead pair.

What a remarkable two wins v the Ms!  I get up at 2 AM Eastern. So I dont stay up past 10 PM too often.  Last week, when a game ended at 1 AM, I just showered and got ready for work ...  But the last 2 nights, I admit I went to bet and ESPECIALLY last night was sure we had lost the fight against the king.  Then the 9th inning insurrection began!  WOW!!!!

Prophets of doom, time to enjoy the season, for Pete's sake.  ENJOY IT while you can.  If we falter ... and you can claim  a "Told you so"   WHY THE HECK NOT ENJOY WHILE WE Can!!!

Heck, I appreciate you guys and gals that enjoy it anyway!  We sure are having a good time!

GO SOX!!!!! 

I have to curb my enthusiasm, SY, because I am distraught about Clay Buchholz tearing off jerseys and celebrating too raucously when he should be miserable that he's not recovered and contributing.  Until Clay is miserable, I cannot be happy.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

What a difference a year makes.

A year ago, a few Red Sox players met up with the owner to express their displeasure with the team.  Fast forward to today, they are in first place in the very competitive AL East!!!  Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

Except ...

GO SOX!!!!! 

I have to curb my enthusiasm, SY, because I am distraught about Clay Buchholz tearing off jerseys and celebrating too raucously when he should be miserable that he's not recovered and contributing.  Until Clay is miserable, I cannot be happy.  

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that Dempster is terrible and dragging the team down into the abyss.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It is indeed a remarkable season and applause and thanks are long overdue, regardless of what happens next.  Chemistry and the manager are key ingredients, obviously--and never more evident in the most recent two wins over Seattle.

I don't disagree with jackbu that the Rays are still a problem, but would remind him that's not that bad a problem to have--dooking it out with a team for the best record in AL and the MLB.  The Sox have better hitting, but is a truism that good pitching normally beats good hitting.  And let's not forget that the Sox pitching really isn't that bad.  The team ERA is 3.81 to the Rays' 3.76, and the Sox play half their games in hitter-friendly Fenway.  I don't know how good Peavy will be, but it's pretty obvious the FO is serious about shoring up the rotation (and indirectly the bullpen where Workman is destined to go). 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Except ...

GO SOX!!!!! 

They are not fading but they dropped 3 out 4 to the rays recently.  Nice to see them beat Seattle but they still had problems with their starters.  The sox just better hope they don't match up in division play against the "shooting for the moon" rays.

If Breakholz can come back and pitch effectively then I think we stand a good chance of beating the Rays in any series. He can put up zeros just like Price can.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Not to mention that Dempster is terrible and dragging the team down into the abyss.

I'm glad I stopped watching back in May when the sun set on the Sox.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Except ...

GO SOX!!!!! 

They are not fading but they dropped 3 out 4 to the rays recently.  Nice to see them beat Seattle but they still had problems with their starters.  The sox just better hope they don't match up in division play against the "shooting for the moon" rays.

If Breakholz can come back and pitch effectively then I think we stand a good chance of beating the Rays in any series. He can put up zeros just like Price can.

funny name for him.  Is he even close?  has he pitched even a simulated  game lately?  It will be nice to see him at McCoy for a rehab.

Not even close. I read that he is throwing from flat ground and its not even long toss yet. He plans to "ramp up the intensity" as he put it over the next few days and if he feels like it, throw from the mound after that. Then he has to do some rehab games. Its going to be a long long time before Breakholz can contribute to this team in a meaningful way again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm glad I stopped watching back in May when the sun set on the Sox.

[/QUOTE]

Yup. it's been a real time saver!

I've been able to catch up on all those "Criminal Minds" episodes on the DVR. Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Yup. it's been a real time saver!

I've been able to catch up on all those "Criminal Minds" episodes on the DVR. Wink

LOL FourBs.  I love "Criminal Minds"!

Seriously, some people are so busy looking for things to complain about, they are missing out on some really great and fun baseball.

How about that comeback last night!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

It is amazing.

Allow me to refocus your sarcastic mirth …

I find it humorous to the point of almost pain – in other words I laugh so hard at the ludicrousness of someone acting like he’s highly educated and lording that supposed intelligence over his posting opponent – when he cannot even spell the word central to his point of attack.

What do I mean here?

Your central point of sarcasm is about PAYROLL.  But you cannot even spell it correctly!!!!  AMAZING!  Good god, man, even your spell check will tell you is you are correct or not. 

Thank you for the laugh.