The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bewls. Show bewls's posts

Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

Reminds me of the old days..nice to have you back as you could just smell it in the air that this would happen. Its that numb feeling that just consumes the spirit and sweats the body.  Anyway, we will wake up tomorrow and get on with it.  At least the new and younger fans know now what its like to be a Sox fan as this is the torture which makes you full of despair and hope at the same time, which is impossible, which the Sox make you feel...just impossible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from utech. Show utech's posts

You have the lead. You have the closer. I won't miss seeing Pap blowing a big game for another team. What's crazy is this team has won only 1 more game than the 2010 version, which by September of last year was a Pawtucket plus version of the Sox. 

The cool thing is we'll be able to talk about the famous collapse of 2011 as one of the most epic in the history of baseball. The curse may be history, but the tradition continues of finding a way to grasp defeat out of the hands of victory. The fellowship of the miserable has just reconvened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WyoRedSoxFan. Show WyoRedSoxFan's posts

That was freaking ridiculous! Why do they always break my heart? Dont understand how the September slide could happen? Nobody thought the 0-6 start was important after May but look at it now! Just shocking, I hate the Rays more than the Yankees because they think just because they get to the postseason a couple of times they are the best, win a championship and then celebrate!

One thing that also pisses me off is the way the Yankees let them win. If Joe Giardi would have played the game the right way and used his bullpen the right way, the game would have been over and we would still be playing in Tampa tomorrow night but thanks to the Yankees being dicks, we lose out. Look at how the Phillies played the Braves, I can respect someone that actually goes out there to play to win!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC05. Show KC05's posts

Carl Crawford - the Rays double agent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

All right, good night, see y'all next year.

Been a pleasure collapsing with you all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaineJack. Show MaineJack's posts

Actually, this may have been the most merciful possible ending to 2011.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ursulagirl1. Show ursulagirl1's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    [QUOTE]Reminds me of the old days..nice to have you back as you could just smell it in the air that this would happen. Its that numb feeling that just consumes the spirit and sweats the body.  Anyway, we will wake up tomorrow and get on with it.  At least the new and younger fans know now what its like to be a Sox fan as this is the torture which makes you full of despair and hope at the same time, which is impossible, which the Sox make you feel...just impossible.
    Posted by bewls[/QUOTE]
    It somehow feels familiar, oh that is right, it is familiar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bewls. Show bewls's posts

The Yanks didn't cause them to lose..they did that all on their own..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ursulagirl1. Show ursulagirl1's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    [QUOTE]The Yanks didn't cause them to lose..they did that all on their own..
    Posted by bewls[/QUOTE]

So true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, this may have been the most merciful possible ending to 2011.
    Posted by MaineJack[/QUOTE]
    I can't help but feel that way a little myself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FuriousStyles. Show FuriousStyles's posts

The Baseball gods are angry at the Red Sox. Whatever they did this season, they better stop it.  Maybe it's payback for 2004, but I don't think so because the Yankees never get the karmic payback like that.  The Red Sox did something to anger the baseball gods, so they must figure out what that is and put an end to it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuzV. Show CuzV's posts

Enjoy your place in baseball infamy fellas - you've earned it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poe1raven. Show poe1raven's posts

without a doubt, francona is the dumbest coach that ever coached baseball.  I don't think anything was surprised that the red sox lost.  francona's dumbness leaves the players open to getting worn down and giving up.  I don't think there is a team in the league that gives up when they play against francona.  Because they know sooner or later francona will do something stupid to allow them to get back in the game.  francona is dumb dumb dumb.  And the announcers on 103.7 won't allow anyone on the airways criticize francona. such dishonest broadcasting.

bob

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pmack9. Show Pmack9's posts

Sox couldn't close it out against the last place team in the division, despite scoring chances in the 9th and being one out away from the win. 

Rays rallied from a seven-run deficit against the first place team in the division late in the game. 

Any doubt which team is more deserving of a playoff spot?

Rats. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Time to put on my Patriots cap...Go Sox and Pats!!! Night all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiero. Show chiero's posts

Gonzalez is blaming God and injuries for the epic collapse. What a loser!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuzV. Show CuzV's posts

[QUOTE]without a doubt, francona is the dumbest coach that ever coached baseball.  I don't think anything was surprised that the red sox lost.  francona's dumbness leaves the players open to getting worn down and giving up.  I don't think there is a team in the league that gives up when they play against francona.  Because they know sooner or later francona will do something stupid to allow them to get back in the game.  francona is dumb dumb dumb.  And the announcers on 103.7 won't allow anyone on the airways criticize francona. such dishonest broadcasting. bob
    Posted by poe1raven[/QUOTE]

What a well thought out and intelligent post. Its amazing Tito blindly fumbled his way through 2 championships while setting the franchise record for manager wins. Now go back to your cave Bob

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejflex. Show ejflex's posts

The Yankees dont deserve Karmic payback.  Boston fans are the biggest whiners and hypocrites in sports.  You guys turned into what you hated.  You gave in to the power of the dark side... and it has now come back to get you.  Only Boston could collapse like that. It's fitting to the sports culture there. I mean cmon the games ended within 25 seconds of eachother. a 7-0 deficit made up by the Rays(and the yankees - being classy talking about karma were TRYING hard  for real) Crawford is the new Buckner.  ABSOLUTELY EPIC!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I can't feel my face????????   :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chomp. Show Chomp's posts

The Rays losing down to their last strike....the Red Sox winning with one strike to go.  Suddenly....it's over.  Unreal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globe7850885. Show Globe7850885's posts

just not as good as the yankees. 2 years and cant even make the playoffs. cant beat tampa. 3rd place two years in a row, at least we beat toronto and baltimore. maybe not next year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

DamnIT ..   I' really hurt .. I swear .. I can't believe ..  Shock total .. Why? How? ..  One of the worst nights of my life .. For sure ..  Why red sox? .. Please God.. Help me .. Please ..  I cant understand .. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

I was stunned to see how Orioles celebrated after they won the game, as if they won the World Series, when actually they are going home too. I guess, they will never be good enough to go to the playoffs EVER so they might as well celebrate knocking the Red Sox out of contention. Orioles showed me so much HATE, not sportsmanship tonight.  I mean, what were they celebrating, Red Sox's misfortune?

They had nothing to gain; NOTHING. Red Sox deserved what happened. No question about that.  But for Baltimore Orioles to celebrate like that, I find it completely amateurish and classless to say the least.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiero. Show chiero's posts

J.D Drew is probably over the game already, singing karaoke at some restaurant by now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

Someone should tell Carl Crawford to go buy himself a bigger glove with that $142million he got for his contract. Clearly the one he is using isn't big enough to make catches.