The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from napmaster. Show napmaster's posts

Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

Boston Bruins are the Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    The Yankees dont deserve Karmic payback.  Boston fans are the biggest whiners and hypocrites in sports.  You guys turned into what you hated.  You gave in to the power of the dark side... and it has now come back to get you.  Only Boston could collapse like that. It's fitting to the sports culture there. I mean cmon the games ended within 25 seconds of eachother. a 7-0 deficit made up by the Rays(and the yankees - being classy talking about karma were TRYING hard  for real) Crawford is the new Buckner.  ABSOLUTELY EPIC!
    Posted by ejflex

OK SOFTY......... You got your revenge />>..>>>>  Good on ya@   You're the man@@@@@

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJ714. Show DJ714's posts

Be Careful what you pay for?? 120Mil Make a simple fly ball catch!? Priceless

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    Carl Crawford. I guess we all liked him better when he was in Tampa. Be careful what you wish for....
    Posted by bobala

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chomp. Show Chomp's posts

As bad as this was...and I am referring to tonight, not the full september collapse.....2003 was worse, 1986 was worse, 1975 was worse, 1978 was worse.  If the Sox got into the playoffs, the season was lasting 3 more games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

I was stunned to see how Orioles celebrated after they won the game, as if they won the World Series, when actually they are going home too. I guess, they will never be good enough to go to the playoffs EVER so they might as well celebrate knocking the Red Sox out of contention. Orioles showed me so much HATE, not sportsmanship tonight.  I mean, what were they celebrating, Red Sox's misfortune? They had nothing to gain; NOTHING. Red Sox deserved what happened. No question about that.  But for Baltimore Orioles to celebrate like that, I find it completely amateurish and classless to say the least.
    Posted by gitemp

I'd say they have a lot to celebrate. They knocked our overpaid and underachieving team of losers out of the playoff race in a game where they had only their pride to play for, and, at least for the month of September, looked like contenders (at least while playing the Red Sox). They deserve to celebrate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiero. Show chiero's posts

Weeeeee are the losers....nooooo timmmmeeee for champions....cuz weeeee are the losers of the world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Wrong on post about orioles celebrating. They beat the team favored to win division and world series. I mean 3 out of 4 in Boston & 2 out of 3 here. Why not gloat ? It was their playoffs. II say trade our whole team for the orioles .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chomp. Show Chomp's posts

I have a feeling the Yankees may regret choking that game tonight when the Rays face them in the ALCS.  They had their chance to put the nail in the coffin and couldn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNRaleigh. Show RSNRaleigh's posts

Think about it....if this zillion dollar team can't win back to back games in over a month.....the way things ended is NOT a surprise.  They are exactly at the place that they played themselves into.  Staying home.  

What has been remarkable is that just when you think you've seen it all - missed signs, running through signs, being told to run when you shouldn't, horrendous pitching ("the ball came out my hand just fine....velocity was good, just missed my spot", etc), no parts of the game in phase - huge lopsided wins in between long stretches of horrible offense - 

This was one weird team - nothing at the start, nothing at the end, with a big bunch of hope (which turned to hope-less) in between.

Books will be written about this team...and what went wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

As bad as this was...and I am referring to tonight, not the full september collapse.....2003 was worse, 1986 was worse, 1975 was worse, 1978 was worse.  If the Sox got into the playoffs, the season was lasting 3 more games.
    Posted by Chomp

WRONG!!!!!!!!    I can look back on all those with fond memories!   THis season will leave a bitter taste, even with time />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbornstein. Show sbornstein's posts

I can't wait for the playoffs, oh wait.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jakill. Show jakill's posts

Brewers are a better team. What an epic collapse.

That said, I allow Theo, JH, and Tito another year. If that does not produce results, it is over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbornstein. Show sbornstein's posts

Fire Theo, keep Tito.  Theo owns Lackey and Crawford and many many more aweful free agent pickups.   His track record since 07 has been god aweful and his time is up.  If heads are going to roll, drop Lackey (prob won't happen based on money they will have to give up), Drew, Tek and unfortunately they are stuck with Crawford which makes me sick and fire Theo.  Sign Ortiz, Lowrie, Salty and Scuturo (who actually tried in September).  Bye Theo thanks for the world series you did this city right but now it's time to go.  I don't think Tito lost the clubhouse, I really don't this is on the players and the GM is responsible for the major holes this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Gotta say, that it must be brutal to be a Sox fan right about now.  I mean seeing not just the biggest choke in the history of Baseball, but, also seeing your team get a lead, seeing the other team losing by 7-0.  Then having Dan Shaunessey go on during the rain delay and say to Heidi, " we can definatively say, that no matter what the Red Sox season will not end tonight, no way the Rays are going to come back from 7-0."  As he is saying the Rays are starting their come back.  Simply amazing.  A Brutal Brutal Brutal finish to a Brutal Brutal Brutal Month.  I mean you could not even dream this scenario up in a screen play.  Brutal.... Brutal!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

One good thing is that Remy and Orsillo finally called the team out on the post game. First time all year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

what hurt worse....tonight, or the giants kicking the pats arses in the greatest Superbowl ever?
    Posted by TheGiantsWinnnnnn

Giants-Pats. Because the Pats WERE a great team. Just couldn't prove it on the day. These losers were mentally out of the playoffs after the first week of September.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

pile on boys!!!!!!!!!      You still have ugly girlfriends, & work at 7 - 11      Not to "pile on," but you are living in Ma's basement.........................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4266434. Show user_4266434's posts

Disappointed, of course; angry? Not. What a great day for baseball fans. Four teams fighting for their lives and now two are bitterly disappointed. I for one really enjoyed the season even as frustrating as it turned out to be. I remember being lucky enough in 1967 to have tickets for games one and seven and ever since it's been a wild ride and this season was no exception. Take it for what it is, entertainment. I'm ready for Spring Training now!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbornstein. Show sbornstein's posts

Oh by the way I don't condone violence but if someone sees Shaunessey please punch him in the face for all Boston Sox fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanfl24. Show soxfanfl24's posts

They didn't even have the decency to lay down early. Instead they kept the loyal denizens of Red Sox Nation hooked until the very end, letting us down by turning sure victory into stunning defeat. Longoria's homer was an appropriate end and an appropriate way to but Red Sox Nation out of our misery. The sad part is that the season was a waste, all the emotion, the money invested in the TV package, only to be disappointed. Last year's team had heart, despite finshing third. This year's team save Ellsbury and Pedroia lacked heart and that is what makes this season even more disappointing for Sox fans everywhere. The greatest team ever ends up with the greatest collapse ever. Carl Crawford's Dunkin commercial where he says "I've always got the green light to steal" didn't mean bases, it meant dollars and $142 million of them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallawalla. Show wallawalla's posts

Can't find the quote in the globe but Showalter said it at the beginning of the year:
    He hates the red sox and loves to beat them.  With his small market team, I don't blame him for being jealous and he got what he wanted: a chance to celebrate while the red sox went home. 
    Personally, as someone who has loved the sox from '67 on, thru thick n' thin, they didn't deserve to make the playoffs and it would have been miserable watching them suffer at the hands of the Rangers. 
    Hey Theo! remember this:  you can NEVER have enough pitching.  Why don't you trade Crawford for some of those Orioles hurlers? 
    good night! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

Be glad the Sox didn't make the playoffs, they did not deserve to be there after one of the worst collapses in the history of the game. They would have broken our hearts even more than they did tonight, had they got in. Team needs to address quite a few problems. What happend to the dirt dogs? This team showed no heart! We have a nice core of youth to rebuild around. Sign Jacoby now ! Build the team around Agon, Ellsbury, Lester, Clay, Bard, Pedroia, and Youk. Revamp the entire starting pitching staff. Thanks Wake, but its time you retire. Time to admit the Dice K mistake and move on, get rid of Drew. Let Paps walk. Captn Varitek thank you for your time served please retire now. Straight up suck it up and relase Lackey. That is where you start. I'd like to see a busy offseason, but I'm thinking it will be quiet and we will see most of these guys back again.  Jacoby you deserve the MVP for putting this team on your back the entire season, a year after they were considering letting you go. Well played young man, now go get paid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Can't get NESN after the game is over.  Watch on MLB.tv.  What did Remy and Orsi llo say?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Oh by the way I don't condone violence but if someone sees Shaunessey please punch him in the face for all Boston Sox fans.
    Posted by sbornstein

Dont blame Dan for telling the truth!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Disappointed, of course; angry? Not. What a great day for baseball fans. Four teams fighting for their lives and now two are bitterly disappointed. I for one really enjoyed the season even as frustrating as it turned out to be. I remember being lucky enough in 1967 to have tickets for games one and seven and ever since it's been a wild ride and this season was no exception. Take it for what it is, entertainment. I'm ready for Spring Training now!
    Posted by 97e4af76985216629f871559777fcfbd

With due respect I hate to lose, even more if I see Francoma back in a Sox uniform!

Sections
Shortcuts