The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lenny. Show Lenny's posts

Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

It finally over!  It just show you money doesn't buy you championships.  Good players do.  I hope you lean your lesson Boston.   A last place team beat us and took us out of the playoffs.   STOP PAYING ALL THIS MONEY TO THESE BALL PLAYERS PERIOD!   UNTIL NEXT YEAR.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    Can't get NESN after the game is over.  Watch on MLB.tv.  What did Remy and Orsi llo say?
    Posted by lscheue

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    Can't get NESN after the game is over.  Watch on MLB.tv.  What did Remy and Orsi llo say?
    Posted by lscheue

THEY CANT SAY WHAT THEY TRULE THINK, THEY R IN PAYROLL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ian80. Show ian80's posts

Please oh please do not let the Rays win...I don't want the Sox to go to TB to play a one game playoff.
    Posted by traven
    You got your wish!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

keep PILING ON BOYS..............   In your personal lives......  WE KNOW you're wanting>>>>>>>>>>>>  small LIVES!   diminutive package............

Did the Sox deserve to lose?????  YES!   Does it hurt?  Of course!   Congrats! to the Rays!!!   THEY deserve this!!!!!!!!!   NOT the small d i c k s on this board.....
    THE TEAM!!!!!!!   GOOD ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!     The Sox choked!  As they did ALL SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!      The little men piling on??????  that's ALL THEY HAVE!!!!!!!
    I'm still loving being a Sox fan!   LIVE or die!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BRING IT boysssssssssssssss!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

playoffs.. here we come! give theo credit in now admitting to a platoon with aviles and lowrie...aviles, scut and ryan L = NEW ENERGY and life!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

good call

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ian80. Show ian80's posts

It's always awful as a fan for your team to lose, and I know how that feels I found this and I think it works. 

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

That was TDR, and it really is true. 
    A Happy Rays fan (for tonight at least)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ts1234. Show ts1234's posts

This season has been sacrificed for honoring the ever lovable Tim Wakefield with 200 Wins. We basically assumed (in retrospect, arrogantly) that we could afford to lose any number of games to get him the milestone this year. Just switching Tim's place with Aceves could have saved the season. Considering the shape of the starting pitching lately and the contribution of Tim Wakefield to the team probably sacrificing the season is worth. That is the takeaway for me from this season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

When a team falls apart one long month, when fightin sprit vanishes, only one is responsible... Francona must go... Check all one run losses, he gets constantly outmanuvered by the opposite skipper... he doesnot have claws to win, see tonight, bases loaded with one out, time to add to lead and seal the game, but he does not want to hurt the confidence of the kid, so the 0 four kid grounds out for DP to kill the rally. Just an example of thousends... F Coma lacks claws, just a baby sitter resting players for tomorrow just to find there might be none... Generals lose battles not soldiers, get him out of Feway at this moment... With a 7-20 record from 3 sept, a man of honor should resign...Theo must go first...next chapter of this soap opera..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's always awful as a fan for your team to lose, and I know how that feels I found this and I think it works.  “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” That was TDR, and it really is true.  A Happy Rays fan (for tonight at least)
    Posted by ian80

Good call ian80 !!!!!!   You are a true BASEBALL FAN :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This season has been sacrificed for honoring the ever lovable Tim Wakefield with 200 Wins. We basically assumed (in retrospect, arrogantly) that we could afford to lose any number of games to get him the milestone this year. Just switching Tim's place with Aceves could have saved the season. Considering the shape of the starting pitching lately and the contribution of Tim Wakefield to the team probably sacrificing the season is worth. That is the takeaway for me from this season. 
    Posted by ts1234

If you truly think this cost us the season..........  FLY BY NIGHT SOX fan

Was it a factor????? yep

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by ts1234

Go crawl in your hole & _ yourself......

Where the he..... have you been?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Who is in the foxhole with me??????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

Please oh please do not let the Rays win...I don't want the Sox to go to TB to play a one game playoff.
    Posted by traven

You don't?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BRING IT ____________ fans!      You are a rock...... you are an island............
    You have no home team.............   You just jump on the
    proverbial bandwagon!'
    .............  and a rock feel no pain, and an island never dies..........

Good on ya!    Still...........  F       off !  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Posted by ts1234

In two posts, you went from quoting a highly provocative sage...to pitiful.
    Mgmt. didn't start Wakefield to get 200 wins. They needed him as a starter due to injuries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Red Sox HOPE springs eternal.............

Unlike Obama "hope.........:("

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon : In two posts, you went from quoting a highly provocative sage...to pitiful. Mgmt. didn't start Wakefield to get 200 wins. They needed him as a starter due to injuries.
    Posted by harness

SO........   WE return to our rightful place in history...........   "WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR........."

See you in Feb. or March Harness :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from spikethedog. Show spikethedog's posts

The Yankees devised this plot

The Satanic horde blew a seven run lead (intentionally, no doubt) in the eighth inning to tantalize Red Sux Nation into thinking some justice existed in the universe, then lost (intentionally, most certainly) in the 12th?

Satan's Team no doubt had hexed Red Sox closer and free-agent Johnathan Papelbon (soon to be a Yankee, I'm sure) into giving up two runs with two outs in the ninth.

When they were one strike away from beating the Rays Satan said, "Now we've got Red Sux Nation where we want it."

The worst collapse in Red Sux history -- perhaps in all of baseball history --- was engineered by the Satanic Horde, even as they were playing in Florida, timed perfectly to just a few minutes.

Maciavelli could not have designed a more intricate and diabolic scheme to dismember the hopes of millions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

S. Boston!!!!!!     Bring it boys!   :)    You gotta love baseball   :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: The Yankees devised this plot

In Response to The Yankees devised this plot:
    The Satanic horde blew a seven run lead (intentionally, no doubt) in the eighth inning to tantalize Red Sux Nation into thinking some justice existed in the universe, then lost (intentionally, most certainly) in the 12th? Satan's Team no doubt had hexed Red Sox closer and free-agent Johnathan Papelbon (soon to be a Yankee, I'm sure) into giving up two runs with two outs in the ninth. When they were one strike away from beating the Rays Satan said, "Now we've got Red Sux Nation where we want it." The worst collapse in Red Sux history -- perhaps in all of baseball history --- was engineered by the Satanic Horde, even as they were playing in Florida, timed perfectly to just a few minutes. Maciavelli could not have designed a more intricate and diabolic scheme to dismember the hopes of millions.
    Posted by spikethedog

No doubt....... you have no idea who Machiavelli was??????  Aside from that.... You are correct!   Epic collapse!!!!!!!!!    The pain makes our success sooooooo much more enjoyable!   Join a team!!!!!   You might understand some day????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

sox have spent a HALF OF A BILLION DOLLARS  on salaries the past 3 seasons and have WON ZERO PLAYOFF GAMES.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

sox have spent a HALF OF A BILLION DOLLARS  on salaries the past 3 seasons and have WON ZERO PLAYOFF GAMES.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it

Shut youwww mouuuuwwwwth can you did it!    shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We are but a pooooooooor team from S. Boston!      :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sections
Shortcuts