The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reaganfan10. Show Reaganfan10's posts

Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon

First we had lost all of our top 5 pitchers for at least part of the season or we would still be playing. We need 2 new pitchers next year and should have money room with Drew and Papalbomb gone. Papalbomb has ended the last 2 chances we had to advance in the run for a Series win. He does not do well anymore when under REAL pressure. Epstien and Francona are fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacenik. Show peacenik's posts

Let's see... At the beginning of September, the Globe unveiled "Obnoxious Boston Fan," the worst blog in the history of professional newspapers. Also at the beginning of September, the Red Sox began one of the worst collapses in the history of professional sports. Coincidence? I think not. Kick that moron to the curb and Curse of the Boy Bimbo should come to a hasty end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    I do think there is a case to be made for Crawford "throwing" the game. f you watch closely he makes a half hearted attempt at catching a ball directly in front of him, and then when he muffs it, he just lobs the ball with a high arch to home which allowed the winning run to score. This man is a gold glover. I've watched it several times and he looks like he is muffing the catch intentionally. Everyone knows he is not happy with Boston, this may be his payback.
    Posted by FrCr

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

I had the same feeling about Crawfrd muffing' the play when I watched it but couldn't quite believe my eyes and then the lob, if he hates Boston, why did he take all the $ and play half hearted ball all year? And if he threw the game, he ought to be tarred and feathered

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Re: The Final Countdown: Game thread Wed. night, Lester vs Simon:
    [QUOTE]Papi's ill-considered slide into second trying to stretch a single.  Crawford not running full tilt on a ball to deep short; what were they thinking?? In a close game with such importance?  Unbelievable.  They didn't get the extra runs that they absolutely needed the secure the win, and... Just can't believe the Rays rallied....
    Posted by walterjohnson07[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

the Papi gaff trying to go to second and the Crawford non effort to catch, then throw -rather lobnthe ball -are reasons Tito should be fired, I didn't see him get in either players face, he's too soft which extends all the way back to sping training and lack of condition. Tito is way too SOFT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

[QUOTE]the Papi gaff trying to go to second and the Crawford non effort to catch, then throw -rather lobnthe ball -are reasons Tito should be fired, I didn't see him get in either players face, he's too soft which extends all the way back to sping training and lack of condition. Tito is way too SOFT!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

YOU ARE 1000% CORRECT!  - he treats them like babies

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidinNV. Show DavidinNV's posts

I feel strangely ambivalent about how the season ended. Rather than the shock one feels when a loved has an unexpected heart attack and dies, leaving our midst without warning or time to say goodbye, this was more like the time we have to prepare when the loved one suffers a slow but inevitable death from cancer or kidney failure. There is time to anticipate the inevitable, and then, when the inevitable happens, we may be numb to it because we could see it happening before our eyes, and the final loss just puts an exclamation point on the whole thing. -- This is not a team that was going to go deep into the playoffs, and I'll be quite shocked if the Phillies don't plow right through their opponents for a World Series win. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

On television during Wednesday's rain delay, Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy said the Red Sox were headed to the postseason:

http://fanphooey.com/blog/1232

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413578. Show user_4413578's posts

The FlopSox should be glad that I do not own the franchise.  I would make the Steinbrenner kids look like ultra-philanthropists.... by canning EVERYONE!!!  Start with Epstein, FramCOMA, then ditch ALL the coaches, players, and staff.  I'd call up the best 40 A/AA/AAA kids and REDUCE ticket prices... begin a 5-year rebuild and teach these folks how to be WINNERS.  BTW, Not much is being made of NYY using ELEVEN PITCHERS in their TB debacle.  You're up 7-0, and you're playing Musical Moudsmen?? Culminating with Scott (3-run 14th-inning HR) Prior??  Ignoring what happened in his PRIOR ex-inn stint 3 nights before???  NYY never had much integrity, except for Joe Torre...and see how he got shafted in NY!!  Girardi should be suspended for all of 2012 for that one!  BTW... FoxSports is reporting Francoma's options for 2012/13 won't be picked up... who's going to be nuts enough to come in after this mess??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xybosoxxy. Show xybosoxxy's posts

Haven't heard a word about the pitching coach, Curt Young. The almost total collapse of pitching,from starters to closers, must reflect on someone. What was this guy doing during the course of the year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

Crawford's throw needs to be scrutinized.  It looks like he deliberately air mailed it.  I can't believe more people are not calling him on that.  It was PATHETIC if not totally inentionally botched.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pend8383. Show pend8383's posts

are you sh%#%#ting me pal  papelbon and everybody else cant get no one out and its titos fault ive been a sox fan since 1965  ive now seen it all and who would want the job if you win 2 world series  in 6 years and they let you go the ownership should go ill make a prediction that the sellout steak comes to an end in 2011 if tito or epstien goes

Sections
Shortcuts