dying. the good posters are leaving the forum- In fact, this Forum
    was busier during the off-season. EdithBunker & moonslav59
    are the only guys posting on a regular basis. EdithBunker & moonslav59
    are carrying the forum right now. Maybe "too many chiefs and
    not enough Idians" on the forum. Maybe the forum strongman will
    have be more reasonable with everybody because very soon the
    forum will go out business.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sweet-scar. Show sweet-scar's posts

Re: the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum

Yes, I have noticed that the board is slow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum:
    [QUOTE]Ladies and Gentlemen, the Forum is very, very slow- the forum is dying. the good posters are leaving the forum- In fact, this Forum was  busier during the off-season. EdithBunker & moonslav59 are the only guys posting on a regular basis. EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum right now. Maybe "too many chiefs and not enough Idians" on the forum. Maybe the forum strongman will have be more reasonable with everybody because very soon the forum will go out business.
    Posted by Young-Ideas[/QUOTE]

What's an "idian"?

The board is slow because people have nothing to b*tch about. A loss or two and things will return to 'normal'.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

In Response to Re: the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum:
    [QUOTE]In Response to the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum : What's an "idian"? The board is slow because people have nothing to b*tch about. A loss or two and things will return to 'normal'.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Here comes the chief.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It has been quiet for more than a week - I had to switch posting hours just to communicate my superior takes (much to some's ire and to one's deepest desire).

Anyhow unless Softlaw is posting I don't see a lot worth reading.  Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

In Response to Re: the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum:
    [QUOTE]It has been quiet for more than a week - I had to switch posting hours just to communicate my superior takes (much to some's ire and to one's deepest desire). Anyhow unless Softlaw is posting I don't see a lot worth reading.  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] Actually, is softlaw still alive ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's debateable...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I've read this forum for years. It is shame that Softlaw is gone, as he took this site from a ghosttown to a forum that has decent traffic. That's now declining as the santizing policy is amped up. Sons of Sam Horn is certainly returning to a more worthy site.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]It has been quiet for more than a week - I had to switch posting hours just to communicate my superior takes (much to some's ire and to one's deepest desire). Anyhow unless Softlaw is posting I don't see a lot worth reading.  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

True, whether you agree with him or not, that softlaw sure can write.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Softlaw doesn't have Lowrie or Ellsbury to kick around anymore, the way that they are playing. He'll be back if either one gets injured (that is not tolerated), or falls into a deep slump.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum : What's an "idian"? The board is slow because people have nothing to b*tch about. A loss or two and things will return to 'normal'.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

If Buchholz hadn't struck out Jackson in the bottom of the seventh, and he had gotten a hit, we'd have a half dozen threads about how Francoma should be fired, for leaving him in too long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Oh, for the old days when we had the good ole eyebrow threads.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

1977 Topps # 454 Andy Etchebarren California Angels Baseball Card

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The forum is slow because the Sox are winning.  There is a direct correlation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

b

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

an IDIAN is a cross between an NATIVE AMERICAN and an IDIOT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

[QUOTE]an IDIAN is a cross between an NATIVE AMERICAN and an IDIOT.
    Posted by the-yazzer[/QUOTE]
    Too many chiefsnot enough indians on this Forum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum : If Buchholz hadn't struck out Jackson in the bottom of the seventh, and he had gotten a hit, we'd have a half dozen threads about how Francoma should be fired, for leaving him in too long.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]
    So, so true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

the Front Burner  is now called the Private Group.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]I've read this forum for years. It is shame that Softlaw is gone, as he took this site from a ghosttown to a forum that has decent traffic. That's now declining as the santizing policy is amped up. Sons of Sam Horn is certainly returning to a more worthy site.

Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

Hysterical, softy. It is apparent to everyone in here who you are and while I may not always agree with you you seem bright enough to know you are not fooling anyone.

If you continue with this farce you end up looking like silly betty and his numerous monikers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the forum is very slow/ -EdithBunker & moonslav59 are carrying the forum : Hysterical, softy. It is apparent to everyone in here who you are and while I may not always agree with you you seem bright enough to know you are not fooling anyone. If you continue with this farce you end up looking like silly betty and his numerous monikers.
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]
    Here comes the chief.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Can someone give me a sample size on this thread?  All I see in each thread now is SAMPLE SIZE - seems to be the "in" thing to talk about..... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I could liven up this board with a good comedy routine...

But I fear it would have less impact without my straight man...

...jesseyeric.

Let me make a "bald-prediction" and see if it turns into a "chain-reaction" of "young-ideas."

The person who is using these three names is one and the same.

How's that for a "bald-prediction?"

Perhaps one of our longtime ,common sense posters will back me up.

Harness, Mike Nagy ,spaceman, BILL806...what do you think?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]The forum is slow because the Sox are winning.  There is a direct correlation.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
     Bingo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Spot on Zilla, Smiley's using several other names too, including sweet-scar, and courier. Pike has several characters running around too - Your-Echo, Babe-Ted, the phoney Frank From GL character.

The only real question to me is whether Pike and Smiley are two people, or one and the same.

Sections
Shortcuts