The fun news? Beckett's first 2 starts> 11 innings 4.91 ERA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The fun news? Beckett's first 2 starts> 11 innings 4.91 ERA

The maddening news?

Crawbaby is tearing it up.  A-Gon & Punto ripping the ball also :(

Oh what the hell....  Good for them.  Perhaps it will be a win - win.  I can live with that.  So long as Beckett keeps losing.  He should have 2 loses, and can barely get out of the 5th in both.  What an "ACE???"  Ace in the "HOLE!"

It would sure be fun to beat these guys in a WS :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: The fun news? Beckett's first 2 starts> 11 innings 4.91 ERA

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

The maddening news?

Oh what the hell....  Good for them.  Perhaps it will be a win - win.  I can live with that.  So long as Beckett keeps losing.  He should have 2 loses, and can barely get out of the 5th in both.  What an "ACE???"  Ace in the "HOLE!"

I will never understand the venom that is thrown at a pitcher who almost single handedly helped us win a second world series. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

The maddening news?

I will never understand the venom that is thrown at a pitcher who almost single handedly helped us win a second world series. 

Almost single-handedly is a bit of an overstatment, but I agree with the overall sentiment. It's one thing to dislike the way things ended, but the venom goes way overboard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The maddening news?

It's really not that hard to understand. Beckett brought on himself with his petulent behavior with the local media and the perception that he didn't take care of himself. I will always hold him in high regard for his contribution to the 2007 teams success, but a lesson that he needs to learn in life, is to be careful who you step on on your way up the ladder of success, cause those same individual will lye in wait for you on your way down. Arrogance can be perceived in many differing lights. Today Beckett is a shadow of his former self and it'll be interesting to see how well he handles himself as he moves into the twilight of what could have been a hall of fame career...I wish him all the success in the world... 

As for the others Crawford, Gonzalez & Punto...time to move on when healthy Crawford's a good ball player. Gonzalez was simply the shiny new toy the Dodgers craved and anyone that disparages him and his time with the Sox are misguided...Punto was then and is today a solid utility player nothing more nothing less...

Time to turn the page and root, root, root for the home team. Who I might add are looking like a real ball club...the silence from the locker room is music to my ears.

Baseball Fever.....

Catch it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The maddening news?

Beckett, with the Chicken and Beer, contributed mightily to the Aug/Sept 2011 collapse and the end of Francona's stay in Boston. I think fans take that very seriously. Obviously he wasn't the only one but he seems to be the instigator. Oh well-it's over--time to move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Nothing either fun or maddening here. I'm not going to spend all season checking LA's game logs obsessively in the hopes that Beckett, Crawford, and AGon aren't doing well...I wish them the best in the rest of their careers. Like MadMC said, it's time to move on.

I WILL, however, be obsessively tracking Webster and De La Rosa at Pawtucket. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Nothing either fun or maddening here. I'm not going to spend all season checking LA's game logs obsessively in the hopes that Beckett, Crawford, and AGon aren't doing well...I wish them the best in the rest of their careers. Like MadMC said, it's time to move on.

I WILL, however, be obsessively tracking Webster and De La Rosa at Pawtucket. :)

Agree with you.  I hope that all of them are successful in LA.  Even though I won't miss Beckett, I always liked Crawford and hope that he rebounds from his disappointing last couple of seasons.  I expect that Gonzalez will be happier and more productive in LA. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Our 3 to 5 starters are doing soooo much better!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Beckett saved our season during game 5 of the 2007 ALCS vs. Cleveland.

I wish Beckett the very best and the next time the Dodgers come to Fenway, he deserves a warm standing ovation.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I wish Beckett the very best and the next time the Dodgers come to Fenway, he deserves a warm standing ovation.  

well he evened that out by destroying our team, particularly in 2011...good riddance

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I wish them nothing but the best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

well he evened that out by destroying our team, particularly in 2011...good riddance

what a loser. how dare he post an ERA and WHIP of 2.89/1.026! the audacity!!!!!!!!

we could have gotten a bag boy from the local market and he would have given us those numbers or better....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Being a Boston Team fan living in SF Bay area past 40+ years I will delight going to Giant & A's games when Sox are in town.  Also, I go to local teams fans when they play the Dodgers, whom I don't dislike as much as the Yankees(or as a Celtic fan, the Lakers).

I enjoyed watching Cody Ross whom we got from SF for last year...he was worth his pay.  I had always liked Marco Scutaro, World Series MVP last year, and realize we couldn't keep him.

Re: the A's, I always liked Coco Crisp, Reddick & Lowrie and wish then well and enjoy watching them.  At these games almost 1/2 the fans are wearing Boston Caps, shirts etc.

I don't give a hoot about Beckett and Crawford too but always liked Gonzo, a quality player & gentleman, and Punto always gave his all too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Here's a question. What if 2011 happened first then 2007 regarding Beckett. How would fans view him now?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Being a Boston Team fan living in SF Bay area past 40+ years I will delight going to Giant & A's games when Sox are in town.  Also, I go to local teams fans when they play the Dodgers, whom I don't dislike as much as the Yankees(or as a Celtic fan, the Lakers).

I enjoyed watching Cody Ross whom we got from SF for last year...he was worth his pay.  I had always liked Marco Scutaro, World Series MVP last year, and realize we couldn't keep him.

Re: the A's, I always liked Coco Crisp, Reddick & Lowrie and wish then well and enjoy watching them.  At these games almost 1/2 the fans are wearing Boston Caps, shirts etc.

I don't give a hoot about Beckett and Crawford too but always liked Gonzo, a quality player & gentleman, and Punto always gave his all too.

Hello SFBostonFan    :)

Like yourself, I also like Crisp, Lowrie and Reddick and I wish them the very best.  Reddick is a huge WWE fan and invites his teammates to his house every Monday to watch Monday Night Raw.   LOL

I went to a Red Sox vs. A's game in the summer of 2006 and was surprised that only half of the stadium was full.  The A's were in the playoff hunt.   No wonder Billy Beane wants to move his team elsewhere.   LOL

Sections
Shortcuts