THE Good News I've Been Waiting for....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

THE Good News I've Been Waiting for....

Red Sox’ Buchholz Feeling Good, Ready For New Season
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/02/15/red-sox-buchholz-feeling-good-ready-for-new-season/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: THE Good News I've Been Waiting for....

That's big.  The difference between him and his substitutes last year were about 2 runs * 16+ starts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: THE Good News I've Been Waiting for....:
    [QUOTE]That's big.  The difference between him and his substitutes last year were about 2 runs * 16+ starts.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

That's nice quick work, Joe.

If we had Clay for just 2 more weeks ... playoffs.

Of course, w/o him in the playoffs ...  dum dum dum dum .... maybe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Wish he would have said "I feel great!", instead of, "I feel pretty good."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Back injuries are tricky. You can feel great one minute, and then... "OUCH!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Buchholz met with Valentine over dinner in Arizona last month, joining teammates Jacoby Ellsbury, Darnell McDonald, and Dustin Pedroia at the 90-minute meeting. He came away impressed with his new manager.

“He’s a good dude. He’s upbeat,’’ Buchholz said. “I haven’t gotten to talk to him a whole lot, but it seems like he’s willing to take on the challenge of managing the Boston Red Sox. Everybody knows how hard that can be at times. I think it’s going to be good for us.

“It seems like he likes to have control over everybody and I think that’s something that we need. Then again, he’s a relaxed person, too. I think it’ll fit in well with this clubhouse.’’

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

This is very good news. We need him to be healthy once again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Back injuries are tricky. You can feel great one minute, and then... "OUCH!"
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

twenty something pro athletes shouldnt be having back problems...they should be at the height of physical prowess and conditioning...back issues are for fat old men like myself....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Bucholz has a rare congenital predisposition that led to that type of back injury. It was rare for adults to have it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Take it from someone who has battled back issues his whole life.  Back issues suck and they never go away.  They are always nagging and they are always a concern.  They way you go about your daily routine is determined by the way the back feels and it is rarely "great"  I will take pretty good and I hope he can maintain pretty good for a long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Good News I've Been Waiting for.... : twenty something pro athletes shouldnt be having back problems...they should be at the height of physical prowess and conditioning...back issues are for fat old men like myself....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

No sir.  Plenty of twenty something pitchers, basketball players, football players have had back issues.  Its not attrify or being out of shape.  The violent nature of pitching off a mound puts tremendous strain on the lower back.  I don't think you are really so simple-minded to think that back problems are the sole domain of out-of-shape middle aged folk.  I think this is just another example of your strange relatively new desire to denegrate sox players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingOSmakk. Show KingOSmakk's posts

Hahaha, I can't wait to check back on this in July...

[QUOTE]Buchholz met with Valentine over dinner in Arizona last month, joining teammates Jacoby Ellsbury, Darnell McDonald, and Dustin Pedroia at the 90-minute meeting. He came away impressed with his new manager. “He’s a good dude. He’s upbeat,’’ Buchholz said. “I haven’t gotten to talk to him a whole lot, but it seems like he’s willing to take on the challenge of managing the Boston Red Sox. Everybody knows how hard that can be at times. I think it’s going to be good for us. “It seems like he likes to have control over everybody and I think that’s something that we need. Then again, he’s a relaxed person, too. I think it’ll fit in well with this clubhouse.’’
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Is there a way to blow away the smoke screen and find out who Georom4 is blaming Bucholz's bad back on? Is it God's fault, the Red Sox's fault, or Bud Selig?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Is there a way to blow away the smoke screen and find out who Georom4 is blaming Bucholz's bad back on? Is it God's fault, the Red Sox's fault, or Bud Selig?
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

Beckett's fault.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m