the great demise of the yankees...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: the great demise of the yankees...

still a good ways to go...pleased at their play so far, clearly beating expectations,will need to see how they handle the standard bouts of adversity that every team goes through during the season, that and the pitching likely will answer some questions..

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to edsam44's comment:

so...when does it start?

I think most die hard, long term Yankee fans would agree they never expected guys like Wells, Youk, Overbay anf Hafner to contribute like they have.  I never count the Yankees out but it has to be a concern in the back of everyones mind how long the present team, or with the elders moving forward will play.  The Yankees FO "to their credit" usually seem to have a lot of insight and luck filling injury gaps.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

It's already underway.  Their run differential is +16, Youk's on the DL, Wells is Wells again, Pettitte's unhappy.  I've been wrong about the Yankees before, but can anybody look at the Yankees and the AL East objectively and say this is the team we should be worrying about?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

It's already underway.  Their run differential is +16, Youk's on the DL, Wells is Wells again, Pettitte's unhappy.  I've been wrong about the Yankees before, but can anybody look at the Yankees and the AL East objectively and say this is the team we should be worrying about?

The only thing I see possibly benefiting the Yankees this season is the fact guys like Jeter, Tex and ARod "if they return" and produce will be, not having to play a lot of games this season if they make the PS.  A long season with just the ageing guys playing well now I don't see holding up the fort.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

so...when does it start?

Yeah, there is definitely something in the water, or the air over in Yankee land. How can you explain them constantly turning retreads into brand spanking new rubber. The Yanks have been known for their devious ways of gaining a edge. Think about it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Pettite's unhappy? About his last two outings maybe.

Nunez, Youk, Joba, Nova and Cervelli the latest to go onto the DL.

Pitching has been good so far.

Not only that but the guys who have been brought up from the farm have contributed.

Warren, Claiborne and Nuno.

Phelps has pitched well in place of Nova and long relief out of the pen.

Sean Kelly is stepping up. Last night, Kelley faced seven hitters and struck out six of them. In his past three outings, he’s allowed one hit, no walks and struck out nine though 4.1 innings.

We should see Granderson next week, and Nova, Nunez and Joba.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Counting the Yankees out at any time is as dumb as it gets. Allowing your dislike for them to get in the way of reality is foolish. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm not counting them out, but we're 4.5 up on the Rays and 9.5 up on Toronto.  I prefer that to being even with either of those teams, and 4.5 or 9.5 up on New York.

Look at the rosters of each of those three teams, pretend you don't know the team name, and tell me how you would rank them.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

so...when does it start?

Yeah, there is definitely something in the water, or the air over in Yankee land. How can you explain them constantly turning retreads into brand spanking new rubber. The Yanks have been known for their devious ways of gaining a edge. Think about it.

manny ramirez and david ortiz say hello!

I'm not going to argue with a Yankee fan but the Yanks have been known to practice devious ways long before the Red Sox.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I'm not counting them out, but we're 4.5 up on the Rays and 9.5 up on Toronto.  I prefer that to being even with either of those teams, and 4.5 or 9.5 up on New York.

Look at the rosters of each of those three teams, pretend you don't know the team name, and tell me how you would rank them.

Hilarious.

And do you think that either of those two teams would even be that close if they had the injuries the Yankees have?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

I'm not going to argue with a Yankee fan but the Yanks have been known to practice devious ways long before the Red Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Counting the Yankees out at any time is as dumb as it gets. Allowing your dislike for them to get in the way of reality is foolish. 

exactly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley--beni--2817. Show smiley--beni--2817's posts

Guys, the problem is the Yankee pharmacy is open for business and Wells and Overybuy are good customers.  The Yankees always find a way to get players to perform.  They have no farm system, so it's the only way they know how.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LoveSox13's comment:

so...when does it start?

only in your dreams

He's a fellow yankee fan, idiot.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.