The Great Everyday SS Jed Lowrie Gets a Tired Day Off, Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

The Great Everyday SS Jed Lowrie Gets a Tired Day Off, Why?

I thought Lowrie was the everday SS. Why is Lowrie getting a tired day off?

Lowrie has started just 37 of the 50 games, or 74% of the games, and we are only in May. Afternoon game followed by an afternoon game, and he takes a day off? He's 27 years old, for Tito's sake! I understand he's butchering the field and his numbers are declining, but everyday SS have to go when Drew Suttons are all that are left in the reststop line.

At this rate, Lowrie won't play a lot more than half of the 162 games. He should be fresh and ready to go! Come on Jed, suck it up! Elite MLB SS don't sit on the bench, tired, for 26% of the season.

Sean McAdam told a friend of a friend that Jed probably, and I say probably, will have to be treated for Lupus.

Diagnosis can thus be elusive, with some people suffering unexplained symptoms of untreated SLE for years.

Common initial and chronic complaints include fever, malaise, joint pains, myalgias, fatigue, and temporary loss of cognitive abilities.

The overheated, joint problems and fatigue symtoms that have kept this great player mostly on the bench since 2008 need to be treated. Sutton is a butcher with the glove, just like Lowrie, but Sutton outhitting Lowrie in the last game (Lowrie was the only guy who didn't get a single one of the 20 hits) is too small a sample to start him at this point. 

I've always liked Jed. Good guy from Stanford who is wildly popular amongst Red Sox fans and with his MLBPA peers. He's only 27, so the sky is the limit for this career .300 hitter and slugging SS. But he needs to get healthy so he doesn't need more than 20 games off during a season. At 27, it's hard to understand how a guy needs more than 20 games off during a season, unless he's sick. And I think Jed is sick but will be fine once they treat him with the proper medical protocols. The play where he dropped the infield pop-up and threw the ball away was simply not the real Jed.

Once Jed gets healthy, he's going to start drilling RHP and fielding like Iggy. He is on track to be the next Cal Ripken, and no one in their right mind would even think of trading Jed, right as he is breaking out into his destiny of greatness. The guy is a .300 hitting slugger with a remarkable OPS for a 1st baseman, much less a SS! 

Author's Disclaimer: Jed Lowrie is my 3rd Cousin Once Removed    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: The Great Everyday SS Jed Lowrie Gets a Tired Day Off, Why?

boring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Too bad that Softlaw doesn't take a day off more often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I think you are going to need to fire up an Ellsbury thread to do damage control, and put a negative spin on that 3 run homer he just hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

You are a tool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

softy seems to get worse with every name change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I like Reddick, over Bellsbury, on the value scale. Pretty clear that Kalish and Reddick make Bellsbury fully expendable for the coming years. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Wow, Drew Sutton can really hammer it! Looks like the Red Sox have finally found an everyday SS, if he doesn't need tired days off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: The Great Everyday SS Jed Lowrie Gets a Tired Day Off, Why?:
    I like Reddick, over Bellsbury, on the value scale. Pretty clear that Kalish and Reddick make Bellsbury fully expendable for the coming years. 
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Pretty clear to a blind man.  Nothing wrong with Kalish and Reddick, but Ellsbury's credentials are far more established. 

Reddick just might make Drew expendable, except that he already is expendable--an OPS of .700 and fewer than half the rbi's of Crawford.  What a dud Drew is--except on defense, of course.   Kalish, if he can get off the DL and show he can hit, would be a nice 4th outfielder, except that he bats lefty. 

Ellsbury so far this season has more rbi's than Ortiz--that's right, Ortiz--and is tied for the team lead in runs scored with Gonzalez.  And he of course leads the AL in SB's. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: The Great Everyday SS Jed Lowrie Gets a Tired Day Off, Why?:
    Wow, Drew Sutton can really hammer it! Looks like the Red Sox have finally found an everyday SS, if he doesn't need tired days off.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

You are a tool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

About Lowrie.  He got the day off largely because his OPS is leaking and he doesn't have much range.  With Sutton getting three hits yesterday, this was a perfect time to rest Lowrie. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I like Kemp, with Crawford, Reddick and Kalish.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

JD Drew has started in 35 games. Now if you want to talk about fragile baseball players...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Drew is in his mid 30's, Lowrie is in his mid 20's.

Why on earth does Lowrie need a rest? Glad they discovered Sutton can hammer, but another butcher SS is a bit much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

OP, you have malaise and loss of cognitive abilities and in both cases I'd still say:

But, seriously, don't you understand that the reason that he's off is so Sutton can play a string of games back-to-back?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Why doesn't Tito post his official rest days schedule into this forum. After all we all have the right to be made aware of these facts.

Sections
Shortcuts