The GREAT RAYS FADE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The GREAT RAYS FADE

When can we expect it to occur?
    I thought they couldn't hit?
    Looks like the replaced their "lost" production better than some on this board
    are willing to admit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: The GREAT RAYS FADE

Anyone counting The Rays out at this point isn't paying attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy claimed they'd "go away" last July.

He claimed it again this year, but has already backtracked by saying they may be "mathematically in it until the last week or two".

The guy hasn't been "paying attention" since the winter of 2009, when he actually got a few things half right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The Rays have replaced their last year's production.
    Same Team BA
    Small variance in OPS
    Better pitching.
    Better fielding.

You were right all along, Moonie. The Rays are not going to go away.
    They will be opportunists, waiting for one of the big dogs to slip...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lap lap lap

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: The GREAT RAYS FADE:
    lap lap lap
    Posted by BurritoT

This might attract your master baiter, but getting on all fours would ensure it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Softy claimed they'd "go away" last July. He claimed it again this year, but has already backtracked by saying they may be "mathematically in it until the last week or two". The guy hasn't been "paying attention" since the winter of 2009, when he actually got a few things half right.
    Posted by moonslav59

Softy "back tracking" and eating crow? Isn't that his bane? Continual opinions, statements and predictions that are simply wrong....then amazingly he sticks to the incorrect statement by name calling, trolling and essentially  yelling at everyone. I find it hilarious.....almost as funny as Babe's screen name variations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to The GREAT RAYS FADE:
    When can we expect it to occur? I thought they couldn't hit? Looks like the replaced their "lost" production better than some on this board are willing to admit.

Posted by harness

Why don't you start a "orioles in the wild card hunt" thread?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

When can we expect it to occur? I thought they couldn't hit? Looks like the replaced their "lost" production better than some on this board are willing to admit.
    Posted by harness

OH I FORGOT HARNESS AND MOON ARE STILL TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE TAMPA WONT FADE AWAY BECAUSE OF THEIR GREAT KNOWLEDGE AND INSIGHT WHEN THE FACT IS TAMPA HAS HAD ONE OF EASIEST SCHEDULES IN BBALL THIS SEASON.  DUH, REALLY TAKES A MASTER TO PREDICT THIS.  I JUST LOOKED AT THE SCHEDULE AND TAMPA IS A 500 TEAM AGAINST ANY TEAMS WITH A WINNING RECORD.

YOU GUYS DONT FOOL ANYONE WITH YOUR DUMB PREDICTIONS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

Posted by harness

THERE YOU ARE EVERYONE ALL THE DUMB POSTS BY HARNESS/MOON AND NHSTEVEN ON TOP WHERE THEY LIKE IT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to The GREAT RAYS FADE : THERE YOU ARE EVERYONE ALL THE DUMB POSTS BY HARNESS/MOON AND NHSTEVEN ON TOP WHERE THEY LIKE IT
    Posted by FarmFan

With all due respect, please, please stop using all caps. We can hear you much better if you don't yell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Their field is fading.

Many of the fans seem to have faded.

See  for yourself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

And yet, they're a helluvalot better than the Sox in the pitching dept.  Even though they gave up 4 longballs last night, the difference is the lack of walks.  Three of those were solo shots.  TB scored 7 runs on two swings of the bat.  If the Sox' pitching cannot get healthy, or at least perform some damage control, it's going to be a long second half.

There will be no fade, no collapse, not even a bit of give.  If the Sox want to make they playoffs, this is the team they need to be concerned with, as much or more than the Yanks.  Numbers don't lie; Sox have devoured NY pitching this season.  TB pitching, not so much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

Posted by harness

GEE LET ME LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE AND SEE WHO HAS IT EASY MOST OF THE YEAR, THEN I WILL WRITE A THREAD GIVING STUPID REASONS WHY THEY WILL STAY CLOSE.
      TAMPA WILL BE IN THIRD PLACE UNLESS AROD LOSES MORE TIME THAN EXPECTED LIKE OUR PITCHING STAFF.

THEY HAVE ALL THE ADVANTAGES RIGHT NOW

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to The GREAT RAYS FADE : GEE LET ME LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE AND SEE WHO HAS IT EASY MOST OF THE YEAR, THEN I WILL WRITE A THREAD GIVING STUPID REASONS WHY THEY WILL STAY CLOSE.   TAMPA WILL BE IN THIRD PLACE UNLESS AROD LOSES MORE TIME THAN EXPECTED LIKE OUR PITCHING STAFF. THEY HAVE ALL THE ADVANTAGES RIGHT NOW
    Posted by FarmFan

No, dumbazz. The Rays have the toughest remaining schedule of the contenders.
    Be sure to answer this with another LAME POST WITH ALL CAPS...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Posted by harness

They haven't replaced their lost production, they have just managed to field and pitch better. Any lineup with Kotchman, Fuld, and Shoppach playing significant roles still has a long way to go before production is actually replaced. Look at their team batting average, third worst in the American League. The Giants managed to squeak by in the NL West last season with no offense, but the Rays won't be able to do that, in the AL East.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They have replaced lost production.
    Their hitting is as it was last year.
    Their pitching also. They are actually better in the field.

They beat teams when playing close to the vest. Pitching and Defense will keep them in the fold during the dog-days.

And when that wind blows in - in Sept. - Boston had better have their pitching in line...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The Rays schedule can't be that much easier than the Yanks or Boston. That is just a lame excuse. I didn't even look at the schedule when projecting them for 90-91 wins.

Who knows how it will turn out but to underestimate the impact of their pitching was flat out ignorant.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The Rays are the 3rd best team in the AL; when, given the unpredictability of the sport, is dangerous for the top 2 teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Exactly. They are a cat ready to pounce at the first opportunity.
    They keep the top dogs honest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Rays schedule can't be that much easier than the Yanks or Boston. That is just a lame excuse. I didn't even look at the schedule when projecting them for 90-91 wins. Who knows how it will turn out but to underestimate the impact of their pitching was flat out ignorant.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

TB has played more games vs winning teams than Boston or NYY.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

FARMHAND's mouth - meet FARMHAND's foot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB does have some tough games ahead, but they seem to do well vs the Sox and Yanks followed by a long west coast trip.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB ends the season with this...

3 Tex
    3 Bos
    3 @ Bal
    4 @ Bos
    3 @ NYY
    3 Tor
    3 NYY

That's a tough 22 final games!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I believe the Rays are 91-87 vs. the league's elite teams since they became contenders back in '08. (Primarily Boston/NY Texas/etc.).
    They have had issues winning against lesser - failing to rise to expectation. That's changed a bit this year, but they are tough as an underdog.

Their 2010/2011 team batting/SLG/OPS/Pitching are amazingly similar.

Sections
Shortcuts