The GREAT RAYS FADE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Re: The GREAT RAYS FADE

If you want a tough underdog, go look at the Pittsburgh Pirates, performing extremely well under a professional like Clint Hurdle. Joe Maddon gets the most out of his players, but the least out of himself, being prone to immature rants and tantrums, like a certain Joe Girardi. Pirates will take the NL Central, Rays will finish in a distant third place. Count on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: The GREAT RAYS FADE:
    [QUOTE]If you want a tough underdog, go look at the Pittsburgh Pirates, performing extremely well under a professional like Clint Hurdle. Joe Maddon gets the most out of his players, but the least out of himself, being prone to immature rants and tantrums, like a certain Joe Girardi. Pirates will take the NL Central, Rays will finish in a distant third place. Count on it.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

That's all that counts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

What Pitt & Hurdle has done is absoultely heroic, but Milw & St Louis still has better teams. The RS knew it; when Pitt beat them on that Fri Night 3 wks ago, I was there, and the RS didn't even looked surprised.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Pity Brandon Moss flopped. The Pirates saw him in the same potential power mold as Bay.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Rays are on pace for 89 wins. That's going away.

I projected 90-92 wins and you bash me for being one game off pace?
    Clown logic.

Softlaw never said the Ray would fade in July of last year.

Lies. You said they could not make a trade deadline move and would "go away".
    Clown logic.

He said the Rays would stay in it but they had no chance to win it all.

Classic softy lies upon lies. Up to this point you have never said that this is what you stated last summer. Not a worrd about "winning it all".
    Clown logic.

He was right. He's also right that this is an inferior Rays team that is going away.

You may end up being right this year. It would mark a first for you. I see you have backed off your recent backpedaling on when TB would fall out of contention.

I claimed TB would win 90-92 games and thought the wildcard team this year would have less wins than expected due to a lot of good teams beating each other all year, particularly in the AL east. If I am wrong, I will admit it. If you are wrong, you will make excuses, deflect and deny, or change your ID.
    Clown logic.

You can argue semantics all day long, but the fact is you have been wrong and at best half right for over a year now.

There is no such thing as getting things half right.

Here's an example: You said MN would extend Mauer at no more than $17M/yr. You were half right. They extended him: right. They are paying him $23M/yr: wrong.

I said MN could never afford Mauer at $23M-$27M and he'd leave MN "unless he left a record amount of money on the table". He did not leave MN: I was wrong. He signed for $23M: I was right. Did he leave a "record amount on the table"? Who knows?

The difference is, I admit I was wrong: you cover up and deflect. Admitting mistakes does not jive with your narcissism. 

Moonslow, you take the cake for getting things wrong. You are a fool for continuing to start the Rays won't go away thread, just as you were a fool for saying the Twins couldn't afford Mauer.

I started the thread last year to mock your clown logic. TB did not "go away" last year. TB has done very well replacing the pieces you said were irreplaceable (Joyce for CC, Hellickson for Garza, Farnsworth for Soriano, and Kotchman for Pena).

TB has almost the exact same OPS and ERA as last year. They have lost some tough games this year and are behind last year's winning pace, but have done very well since their poor start. I never projected the same amount of wins as last year. I clearly projected 90-92 wins. I am one game behind pace. For this, you bash me for. What about your being off 44 points on Jake's OBP? His power? His leadoff OBP? His just about everything, but your newly cherry-picked and emphasized stats like SB%, OPS vs LHPs, and length of HRs?
    Clown logic. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Rays are on pace for 89 wins. That's going away. Softlaw never said the Ray would fade in July of last year. He said the Rays would stay in it but they had no chance to win it all. He was right. He's also right that this is an inferior Rays team that is going away. There is no such thing as

getting things half right.
    Moonslow, you take the cake for getting things wrong. You are a fool for continuing to start the Rays won't go away thread, just as you were a fool for saying the Twins couldn't afford Mauer.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Which means UR AGONE take was 100% wrong, not 50/50.
    A 50/50 stance is ludicrous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Last Night:  (Johnny) Damon collected his 2,720th career hit, now one shy of tying Lou Gehrig for 57th place on the all-time list. He was 3-for-3 on the night and is now 5-for-7 with seven RBI in his last three games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Rays went away months ago. Red Sox are struggling to win 90 games. Red Sox epic September collapse says nothing about a lousy Rays team that will win 89-91 games, a grossly inferior team to 2010. 

Aviles and Mac and Crawford and Ellsbury and Reddick and Wakefield are carrying this team in September.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"...Rays will finish in a distant third place. 

Count on it."

Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

90% odds against is a distant 3rd. Wakefield cant field or pitch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1.5 GB going on 0.5 GB is "distant"?

You must write a new dictionary, since you have single-handedly cornered the market on terms like "pop", "distant", "going away", "potential", "norm", "prime", "wheelchair", "race", "bigotry", "prejudice", and more...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to The GREAT RAYS FADE:
    [QUOTE]When can we expect it to occur? I thought they couldn't hit? Looks like the replaced their "lost" production better than some on this board are willing to admit.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Like I said before harness.  Its obvious you care more about the Rays because all you do is repeat your love for them.  Why even bother trying to convince anyone you're a Sox fan?  The Sox are the only ones who get credit for Tampa sticking around so long.  Yes, Tampa has played well but we have one of the worst records in baseball since the all star break why?

Because of guys like your boy Lackey.  John along with Wake, Miller, half our pen and probably Tek need to be replaced before next season if this team is going to improve.  We don't need someone like you bragging about the Rays sticking around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good pitching beats good hitting down the stretch. Face the facts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Good pitching beats good hitting down the stretch. Face the facts.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

moon,

I totally agree/admit it, our pitching has been a mess.  Tampa's staff has performed much better than ours.  Theo did very little before the deadline to correct it.  Were there many opportunities to fix it without giving up too much in return?  No, but that shouldn't let Theo off the hook, along with Curt Young and our medical staff.  I'm not saying it would happen but Terry should not take sole blame if we miss the playoffs.  There comes a point when we need to stop blaming injuries and find out why they may be happening, along with addressing aging players and choosing the correct talent for long term contracts. 

Lackeys biggest start in two years will be the second game today.  If he gets hammered again hopefully Aceves won't and we can pick up a much needed win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]The Rays have replaced their last year's production. Same Team BA Small variance in OPS Better pitching. Better fielding. You were right all along, Moonie . The Rays are not going to go away. They will be opportunists, waiting for one of the big dogs to slip...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Hey harness...

The Rays are about what I expected them to be that's a 90 wins plus or minus 5 games...They're not much better or worse than last years club...unfortunately the only reason they're in it is because we let them back in...With what can only be explained as a historic and monumental collapse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There comes a point when we need to stop blaming injuries and find out why they may be happening, along with addressing aging players and choosing the correct talent for long term contracts.  

Agreed. The Yanks have had an aging team for years, but always seem to defy the expected declines, or they have back-ups that step in and produce.

Theo has done well finding hidden gem role players, but we never seem to have enough, or they all have a fatal flaw: like Jed's or DMac's fielding.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

I'll admit that I thought (and posted here) that the Rays wouldn't enter the postseason, my only excuse is that I didn't see the Red Sox fading this bad. 

The Red Sox can still prove me right, won't hold my breath though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The GREAT RAYS FADE : Like I said before harness.  Its obvious you care more about the Rays because all you do is repeat your love for them.  Why even bother trying to convince anyone you're a Sox fan?  The Sox are the only ones who get credit for Tampa sticking around so long.  Yes, Tampa has played well but we have one of the worst records in baseball since the all star break why? Because of guys like your boy Lackey.  John along with Wake, Miller, half our pen and probably Tek need to be replaced before next season if this team is going to improve.  We don't need someone like you bragging about the Rays sticking around.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Who is we? You hardly represent this board, with your panic threads.
    FYI, I last posted on this thread in July.
    It was bumped to the top by another poster.

I started it to mock Softone, nothing more.
    I take no pride in a Boston pitching free-fall, you loon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

89 to 90 wins is mocking yourself.

Wakefield is a laughing stock.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Win total is not nearly as relevant as team position.
    You foolishly got on UR high-horse and started thread after thread mocking Moon's position on the Rays.

It came back to bite you on the AZZ.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

No, Rays are headed to 89 to 90 wins. Red Sox are still in 80s. Nothing bites me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Crawbust has created havoc this year and tonight. 88 to 92 wins is impressive for 160M payroll. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Now, he tries to deny it by saying the definition of "going away" means being 1.5 GB with 5 games to play is out of it. His tactics never change.

It reminds me of the AGon trade, when he said we'd trade Jake and jed for Agon. When we didn't he said he was right, it was the SD GM who failed to push hard enough to get what he said they should have gotten.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Wakefield is a laughing stock.