The GREAT RAYS FADE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: The GREAT RAYS FADE

Nice diversion. This is a thread about the Rays. 

We all know why you want to turn attention away from yet another softy-clown blunder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Loon! Win total is secondary to position. You projected a higher win WC total
    than Moon or I. That's why we felt the Rays would be in it to the end.

Bottom line: Rays are unfortunately in it until the end.
    You claimed otherwise, over and over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The Rays need to win one more game than the Red Sox in order to force a tie, and a one-game playoff that would be at Tropicana Field on Thursday, with the winner flying to Texas or Detroit to open the playoffs. Win two more than the Sox, the Rays can go straight there.

www.tampabay.com (St. Petersburgh Times)

Who would have guessed a month ago?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

How was Burrito able to bump up this thread from mid-July that has been in the archives for three months? Most threads beyond page #3 can no longer be bumped up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Because I am cool - and its still relevant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You can go back to old posts, copy and paste them to new threads.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I didn't. For whatever reason this one was never locked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Johnny Damon with 2 ribbies, I am afraid to look up how he has done in September. Seems his name is always linked with some ribbies in important games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Damon has 12 RBI's in 90 PA's this month.
    He's hitting about .240 for the month.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: The GREAT RAYS FADE:
    [QUOTE]Damon has 12 RBI's in 90 PA's this month. He's hitting about .240 for the month.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... not so good but probably better than Crawford and Reddick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: The GREAT RAYS FADE:
    [QUOTE]Damon has 12 RBI's in 90 PA's this month. He's hitting about .240 for the month.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

True, but 9 RBI in his last 8 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

He is stepping up, its obvious. Amazing. I never thought of bringing him back mis-season. Now I wonder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I didn't look that deeply.
    Historically, Sept. is Damon's worst month - as far as BA and OPS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ever wonder why softy is trying to change a thread about TB to Wake?

I think we know.

Almost every thread he posts on turns into a bash our 7th starter thread.

He's now 0 for his last 65 positions being right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He tries to change every thread to Wake.
    It's like an addict needing a fix.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mark my words, he will somehow claim he was right on TB. He will say tied with 2 games to go, is somehow "gone away". 

The thing that gets me most about this issue and softy, is that softy always used to realize it was all about the pitching. He refused to give credit to a starting staff that had two major things going for it, that is very rare, but very important: they are both young AND experienced... and I mean experience in several clutch games over several seasons. It was for this reason that I projected that although they would not win as many games as last year ( Iprojected 90-92), they were still going to be a very good team despite losing about 10 type A & B FAs. I thought the WC race would be tighter this year,a dn because of greater balance, the WC winner would have less wins than normal. I was wrong on who the teams would be, since I thought the Yanks and Boston would be in reversed situations right now, but in terms of TB hanging tough, I think I got it pretty close to right on the money. A few weeks ago, I said they had virtually no chance to win the WC, because I did not see the Yanks choking. Little did I know, the Sox would be the one turning my prediction almost right on the money.

Now, softy will claim i was all wrong and he was all right.It's his insanity and narcissistic obsessiveness. That will never change. He still thinks he was right on Ells, AGon, BHall, and a long recent list of positions that have been about as wrong as wrong can be.

TB went 6-4 these last 10, and that was surprisingly enough to get to a tie. Remember how so many posters said that TB had an easy schedule earlier in the year, and their tough schedule would catch up to them in September, well...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

When the subject of tougher schedule arose, I recall saying the Rays traditionally have a tendency to play up to the competition. Their problems occur when they are expected to win. Maybe that's why they have done poorly against lousy western teams this year.

Shields pitched tonight, so he won't be available for a possible tie-breaker.
    Problem is, who would pitch it for Boston? And would it really matter?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

And to ad, Tampa has had some hot starters beyond Shields.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Little did I know, the Sox would be the one turning my prediction almost right on the money.

Now, softy will claim i was all wrong and he was all right.It's his insanity and narcissistic obsessiveness

No one will write any 2011 AL synopsis by saying the Rays didn't go away. Regardless of final season outcome, every media synoposis will be about the historic Red Sox collapse into a 89 to 91 win meltdown mega bust. 

The Rays went away alright, so much that Maddon admits to being a lucky beneficiary of this baseball historic collapse.

No, the story isn't about a Rays team that was double digit level out into September and continuing same level of play. The story is about that team who, not pressed by a red hot team at all, went into early coast and caution mode and self imploded in record setting fashion. The Red Sox went away, and find themselves playing lousy baseball next to another season long example of medocrity in the 2011 Rays.

If Epstein isnt fired, regardless of final outcome, Henry is not the business mind I think he is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Tampa didn't just fall into a tie for the WC, as much as Boston lost Tampa still had to play winning baseball to amke up the ground. They did that. They earned there place as much as the Sox gave it to them.

Now the season has started - this is our D-Day. Are we to be the winners or losers in this epic 2 day battle?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Red Sox did fall into a tie for WC, Rays were down where the Red Sox fell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Boston getting in now would be miraculous, as they remind me of a boxer who has taken too many key blows, and whose legs have turned to rubber.

Or a horse running on fumes down the stretch.  
    Ya look at that horse on paper and just scratch your head in disbelief.
    I still have a hope as long as they do have a shot. 

I'll go down with the ship over swimming in shark-infested waters... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'll be in the lifeboat beating you back with an oar when you finally do jump!  Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Hell, you'll be sinking faster than me! I'd ensure all lifeboats are as porous as the pitching staff. There shall be no survivors

Foot in mouth

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Probably, its that bad right now. In 2 to 3 days we will finally have some resolution. Even if the Sox win tomorow and the Rays lose nobody will be safe until the final pitch of the 2011 regular season has been caught.

Sections
Shortcuts