The Half Billion $ IF Corner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The Half Billion $ IF Corner

That's my new nickname for ARod & Teixiera, who, ironically, were both almost on the RS.  Actually, I believe it's more than that. The Yankees didn't read the fine print; hitting with RISP costs more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: The Half Billion $ IF Corner

Teixeira is really scuffling-especially since he went off against us in that 15-9 fiasco.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Half Billion $ IF Corner:
    Teixeira is really scuffling-especially since he went off against us in that 15-9 fiasco.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I could understand a player struggling; and they are overshifting him for the last 2 yrs now, but he's not even trying to alter his approach. A common slump buster technique is to shorten your swing, choke up a little and spray the ball, mixed in with a few bunts. Even Mantle did this. (Of course, Mantle was a good bunter)  Now in this regard TW was also stubborn; but he never hit .221 either. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Half Billion $ IF Corner : i thought it was to sleep with an ugly female :-)
    Posted by thepeskypole6

That too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to The Half Billion $ IF Corner : glad 2CU finally stop bashing ibanez after all the winter & spring bashing whats this 302/ 427/575/1002 oh those R just teix's career numbers w risp
    Posted by pinstripezac

Perhaps we should all sing to ourselves The Way We Were.

Also, in October, nobody would confuse him with RJax, Jeter or Mantle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Posted by Hfxsoxnut

He'll still hit his 30/100 but his AVG & OBP are down (and have declined since coming to da Bronx) but it's his AVG vs LHP that is down - he used to be able to collect hits as a RHB and that ability appears to be lost

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

They've both had good years for the Yankees, and I doubt those years are completely over.  Overpriced?  Absolutely.  But the Yankees franchise still makes plenty of money. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: The Half Billion $ IF Corner : I could understand a player struggling; and they are overshifting him for the last 2 yrs now, but he's not even trying to alter his approach. A common slump buster technique is to shorten your swing, choke up a little and spray the ball, mixed in with a few bunts. Even Mantle did this. (Of course, Mantle was a good bunter)  Now in this regard TW was also stubborn; but he never hit .221 either. 
    Posted by nhsteven

Ive seen Papi do this lately...He did it the last series for a hit...If they are going with that exaggerated shift, then Tex should keep them more honest and lay one down the 3rd base line once in a while...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i giggled like a school girl when A-rod/Boras held the yankees for ransom and had them re-sign him.  such an epic mistake by George's boys and ca$hman.
    when all is said and done it will go down as the worst contract ever signed in sport.
    Texiera just needs a bigger helmet. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This time, I agree with you; except that's not the way it went down. ARod/Boras's ploy backfired via Cashman, so, Boras, knowing Hank is a dope, instructed Arod to go to Hank with his tail between his legs, saying he's sorry, he got rid of Boras; blah blah. The result is the worst contract in history, and that's saying something.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

i giggled like a school girl when A-rod/Boras held the yankees for ransom and had them re-sign him.  such an epic mistake by George's boys and ca$hman. when all is said and done it will go down as the worst contract ever signed in sport. Texiera just needs a bigger helmet. 
    Posted by slasher9

Texiera is a goober but Crawford is the worst deal

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to The Half Billion $ IF Corner:
    That's my new nickname for ARod & Teixiera, who, ironically, were both almost on the RS.  Actually, I believe it's more than that. The Yankees didn't read the fine print; hitting with RISP costs more.
    Posted by nhsteven
     Don't lose any sleep over it. I'm sure you have more important things to worry about. I know I do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Do as I say not as I do!

Teixeira said driving in runs and getting on base are most important to him. And in that respect, Teixeira is faring fine. Teix        OBP               Road OPS 11       .352               .822 10       .365               .728 09       .383               .882 08       .410               .900 07       .400               .970 Spin?
    Posted by tom-uk

This excerpt had a slight spin, but the next paragraph tempered the current OBP some. However, why would you take this excerpt, and attempt to use it out of context by attaching it to a season sequence of his #s featuring ROAD OPS and OBP, when the article title WAS about a downward trend for him? Some may accuse you of cherry picking, which falls under the category of ........ well spin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to The Half Billion $ IF Corner :  Don't lose any sleep over it. I'm sure you have more important things to worry about. I know I do.
    Posted by NHBALLFAN

Of course.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

This time, I agree with you; except that's not the way it went down. ARod/Boras's ploy backfired via Cashman, so, Boras, knowing Hank is a dope, instructed Arod to go to Hank with his tail between his legs, saying he's sorry, he got rid of Boras; blah blah. The result is the worst contract in history, and that's saying something.
    Posted by nhsteven

on the advice of Warren Buffet, no less. Who would have ever thought Buffett could out smart Hank?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hank!!!!!!!  LOL  I WISH he had control of the team!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Half Billion $ IF Corner : on the advice of Warren Buffet, no less. Who would have ever thought Buffett could out smart Hank?
    Posted by J-BAY

My dog could outsmart him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

Posted by nhsteven
      The original signing of Rodriguez engineered by Cashman was actually a "bargain" with the Rangers' owner picking up a good chunk of the contract for him and dealing the expensive Alphonso Soriano whose career trended down quickly after he left New York.  

When Rodriguez opted out of the initial contract, Cashman was more than willing to let him fend for himself on the open market.  The Steinbrenners as is their occasional wont went against their GM's judgement and insisted on signing him.  Guys like Sheffield and Soriano, the current closer, are also players in whom Cashman had no interest signing as free agents and there a few others dating back to the Boss' tenure.  Players like Contreras, Vazquez, Pavano and Teixeira who were lusted after by the Red Sox simply did not want to play there given a choice. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Half Billion $ IF Corner :   The original signing of Rodriguez engineered by Cashman was actually a "bargain" with the Rangers' owner picking up a good chunk of the contract for him and dealing the expensive Alphonso Soriano whose career trended down quickly after he left New York.   When Rodriguez opted out of the initial contract, Cashman was more than willing to let him fend for himself on the open market.  The Steinbrenners as is their occasional wont went against their GM's judgement and insisted on signing him.  Guys like Sheffield and Soriano, the current closer, are also players in whom Cashman had no interest signing as free agents and there a few others dating back to the Boss' tenure.  Players like Contreras, Vazquez, Pavano and Teixeira who were lusted after by the Red Sox simply did not want to play there given a choice. 
    Posted by WilcyMoore

In all those cases, I believe the Yankees offered more; funny how it works that way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

I don't think Arod is the best deal for sure, but to say worst contract in sports history???  I would rather have AROD than even your current deals with DiceK, Crawful, or Lackey.  Not to mention history.  Pavano comes to mind.  Ryan Leaf got $32M, Grant Hill got $93M, Rick Pitino $70M, Beckham $240M, Jamarcus Russell $70M.  There has been some real lemons out there.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: The Half Billion $ IF Corner :   The original signing of Rodriguez engineered by Cashman was actually a "bargain" with the Rangers' owner picking up a good chunk of the contract for him and dealing the expensive Alphonso Soriano whose career trended down quickly after he left New York.   When Rodriguez opted out of the initial contract, Cashman was more than willing to let him fend for himself on the open market.  The Steinbrenners as is their occasional wont went against their GM's judgement and insisted on signing him.  Guys like Sheffield and Soriano, the current closer, are also players in whom Cashman had no interest signing as free agents and there a few others dating back to the Boss' tenure.  Players like Contreras, Vazquez, Pavano and Teixeira who were lusted after by the Red Sox simply did not want to play there given a choice. 
    Posted by WilcyMoore

Not really.  Theo would let it leak via Gammons that he really wanted someone the NYY were after, then the NYY would up their offer 20%.  Even Cashman figured it out, but Hank, never.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think there's an excellent chance the Pujols contract will go down as the worst contract in history.

Sections
Shortcuts