The HR was the outfielders' fault

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The HR was the outfielders' fault

Boston manager Bobby Valentine appeared surprised when told at his postgame news conference that the home run call was wrong.

"I didn't know that," he said, then sighed and lowered his head.

Why didn't he ask the umpires to review the call?

"None of the outfielders told me any different," he said.

Great job of managing.  He didn't see the HR.  Or he saw it and didn't think it was worth arguing about while someone else looked at the replay.  Wells said that everyone in the dugout told him it wasn't a HR.

But Wells admitted that his high shot that appeared to bounce off the top of the left field wall shouldn't have been a homer.

"I saw the way it bounced off so I assumed it was a home run," he said, "but once I got in [the clubhouse] they told me otherwise, 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: The HR was the outfielders' fault

little bobby v. asleep at the switch once again?  What else is new! 

We would have found a way to lose anyway.

Still, it's one more indication of the dysfunction that bobby v. has allowed to continue, & helped to worsen.

HE MUST GO!  Today!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nobody in the dugout thought it was a double either, not even the replay guy.  Forget the outielders, none of the Sox players on the field thought it was a double.  The ball popped up, not down, so assuming it was a dinger was not illogical. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The ball usually doesnt go upwards when it hits the front of the wall...If none of his players were saying anything or the fans for that matter, i can understand. it appeared to be a HR to me when it was hit, but might have argued it anyway just incase...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

How come BV didn't ask Gary Tuck or Tim Bogar?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Oh, that's right he doesn't talk to his coaches.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Or only to the ones who he gets to hire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But you dont want to freeze Aceeves for a five to ten minutes replay review.

Never mind you would say, oh, Aceeves still gave up more hits afterward.  

Either way, Aceeves still lost the game!!

Why the world he throw a curve ball to strike him out?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Not challenging the HR by Wells is ALL on Valentine.  He is the only person in the park who can make that challenge.

Valentine can never throw a pitch, steal a base, catch a grounder or hit a ball in any way, but it was his responsibility to challenge that non HR last night.

He has not been a good manager in many ways all year long, but he clearly gave up on his team last night by not issuing a challenge that would have resulted in saving his team a run.

If he is going to use the excuse that "no one told him that it wasn't a homerun" is that a sign that he is waiting for some to tell him everything else as well??

Should have been fired on July 1st!!!!!!!!!!, but I will accept if he is fired before tonight's game.

Larry admit your mistake and let's start getting ready for 2013.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

charlie, May 1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

What an idiotic post. The HR was irrelevant since Aceves proceeded to give up two more runs and then we tied the game. Wells would have scored anyway.

Why aren't you blasting Cody Ross for allowing Trout to reach 2B? That play was more crucial than failing to ask for a review.

I think the OP looks forward the Sox losing just so he can come here and blast BV.
    He and danny boy are probably Yankee fans.

Sections
Shortcuts