Re: The I hate BC brigade even before he gets a chance to do anything
posted at 11/17/2012 9:27 AM EST
In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
You can respond in all your screennames, or just one to kinda sum it up. Whatever is best for you.
I'm curious as to the name of the person who is in line for his job. The hatred, and time spent trying to get everyone to jump on board has to be for a reason. Has to be. Why not take this opportunity to plead your case for your GM?
(1) Once the Red Sox complete their coaching staff 1B and hitting coach (could be Fletcher the candidate now) then they the coaches will organise the needs ,wants and don't wants.
(2) Ross ( very defensive catcher, with good communication skill with pitchers, and good pick off ration avg. 40%) Lavarnway ( could be the our future catcher but needs a tune up and time with hitting coaches) and Salty ( could be on the block for a trade if he is traded then I could see the possibility that Vet Napoli will be here and Lavarnway will go back to the minors for a one year tune up. For a second year GM that is a pretty good option to have.
(3) Signing Big Papi is good idea some may say too much money but everyone will have different opinions. Personally I like Ortix staying in Red Sox nation. Think about the future Big Papi could be the Sox next batting coach.
(4) He did dump off a lot of salary and now has money to spend wisely. He even mention in an interview on WEEI. That Marlins deal was just too much for the Sox to swoop at once, but BCdid try to get some one out that deal but who i don't know. I think that is smart GM move.
(5) Some other quotes that BC did say in his interview with WEEI are:
(A) I know that we will have a very strong payroll, ... I know that we're going to add this winter, and have a large payroll.
(B) As far as we're concerned, we have standards and we have a limit to what we'll do in a trade and FA ... getting the right vets here ... and continue to develop within ... and i know we're building something that's going to be good. And I think we're going to have a team that fans are going to enjoy watching ... be contenders for years. Sounds like high expectations but he doing a management job from my personally perception.
I am Canadian from Southern Ontario and am a die hard Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins fan. Toronto news about the big deals going on with the Jays is just a smart marketing move and giving the long waited hopes from the fans that one of their professional sports team a chance to make the post season.
Once upon a time the poster on the Bruins forum were attcking the Bruins GM for being impatient, and what do you know the Bruins won the Stanley Cup with class.
" Patient is a virtue," or " good things happen to those who wait."