The ignore button is back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The ignore button is back!

Whooo Hoooo! Cue Andrewmitch...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: The ignore button is back!

Yay!!...objective #1..ignore Carnie :-)...j/k..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Yay!!...objective #1..ignore Carnie :-)...j/k..

I was just going to say, I can't see what he said.

He's on ignore. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Did somebody say something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

The ignore function doesn't work well for me, and I'm not sure how it ever could without destroying the continuity of the threads the ignored participated in.

The old one just hid posts by the ignored, right?  So if even if my natural curiousity didn't take over ("What's that idiot writing now?") and force me to check, their OPs weren't hidden nor responses to their posts that often included their original post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

The ignore function doesn't work well for me, and I'm not sure how it ever could without destroying the continuity of the threads the ignored participated in.

The old one just hid posts by the ignored, right?  So if even if my natural curiousity didn't take over ("What's that idiot writing now?") and force me to check, their OPs weren't hidden nor responses to their posts that often included their original post.

It makes pike a lot less of a distraction. softlaw too, at least for me...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Yup.

It's not perfect, but it does help filter some of the noise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The only person I will be ignoring is my ex.   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Good luck with that! lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Good luck with that! lol

Thanks ThefourBs.   :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from irc123. Show irc123's posts

I see what you mean. So you'd rather the ignored posts be completely hidden? That might make it tricky to unblock someone if you ever changed your mind. I guess there could be a list of users you ignore on your profile page with the option to unignore them...

In any case, appreciate the feedback!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Hi irc123, you look like Tim Tebow.   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

thanks for the ignore button. it will definitely help keep the forum crazies in check and threads in general on topic.

as far as its effectiveness i think it is perfect the way that it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I ignored softy for a couple weeks, but I kept seeing his posts within the content of responding posters that I found myself responding indirectly to softy anyways- so I ended the experiment.

It has been peaceful here lately, and I don't mean in the "liberal hijacking" sense of the word either.

;)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from irc123. Show irc123's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

thanks for the ignore button. it will definitely help keep the forum crazies in check and threads in general on topic.

as far as its effectiveness i think it is perfect the way that it is.

thanks mef!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I tested out the ignore button on Bill-806 and it works great - thanks BDC! You can also unignore people in case you decide that you want to revisit their drivel and/or myopic political views.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from irc123. Show irc123's posts

Hi irc123, you look like Tim Tebow.   :)

Hi Ice-Cream, thanks! I'll pass that along to my wife ;)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I tested out the ignore button on Bill-806 and it works great - thanks BDC! You can also unignore people in case you decide that you want to revisit their drivel and/or myopic political views.

i'm guessing that wasn't random.. :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

That will work as long as people here who do not have Pike or Softlaw on ignore refrain from quoting them in their posts. Pike will be back; I am not sure Softlaw was banned here; I heard through the grapevine that he moved to TalkSox.
    For my part, I do not plan to use the ignore button much here. Generally just manually skipping over some of the irrelevant stuff suffices. I know of just one poster who is a strong candidate for my own ignore button, and its not Softy or Pike. In any event, I am glad its an option now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

That will work as long as people here who do not have Pike or Softlaw on ignore refrain from quoting them in their posts. Pike will be back; I am not sure Softlaw was banned here; I heard through the grapevine that he moved to TalkSox.
    For my part, I do not plan to use the ignore button much here. Generally just manually skipping over some of the irrelevant stuff suffices. I know of just one poster who is a strong candidate for my own ignore button, and its not Softy or Pike. In any event, I am glad its an option now.

im sure that poster will be here any moment to start heckling you....

would be a good time to test it out :p

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I kinda miss Andrewmitch. He ignored me because we got in an argument about whether JD drew could play a passable CF if he had to in a pinch. Hopefully now that he knows he can put half the board on ignore again he comes back.

I also miss expitch. Mostly how he told everyone he was an ex pitcher.  it was like a drinking game.  every time ex pitch says he is an expitcher take a drink.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

let the ignoring begin!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

No doubt your ex is a piker compared to mine.  She once loved the Red Sox & now follows Women's Softball exclusively.  Well, she does love roller derby as well.  :)  wink wink nudge nudge...  say no moooah :)

I learned to ignore most of what she had to say after the birth of our second child.  Why is it folks need a button to protect them from reading things from someone they could choose to ignore.  Are they that powerless?  I don't get it?

Sections
Shortcuts