The joke is on the Boston fans....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

The joke is on the Boston fans....

I put a lot of blame on Theo and some off course on Francona for September. What about Henry?? You have to honestly ask yourself what the heck was going on? Sounds like the entire Front office lost control and let the time just go to pot... Absolute disgrace.. good riddnes Theo, good luck in Chicago.. never liked this guy from day 1.. Totally rubbed me the wrong way.. Let the team just fail then hit the road... nice going and a big thanks to the Boston die hard fans!! The joke is on us fans Boston!!! If Henry still owns this team in April, i will not be buying a single ticket! what a disaster Boston!! Do you really think Henry cares? He is laughing all the way to the bank. Wake up Boston, this is two years in a row now!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: The joke is on the Boston fans....

good bye then............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to The joke is on the Boston fans....:
    [QUOTE]I put a lot of blame on Theo and some off course on Francona for September. What about Henry?? You have to honestly ask yourself what the heck was going on? Sounds like the entire Front office lost control and let the time just go to pot... Absolute disgrace.. good riddnes Theo, good luck in Chicago.. never liked this guy from day 1.. Totally rubbed me the wrong way.. Let the team just fail then hit the road... nice going and a big thanks to the Boston die hard fans!! The joke is on us fans Boston!!! If Henry still owns this team in April, i will not be buying a single ticket! what a disaster Boston!! Do you really think Henry cares? He is laughing all the way to the bank. Wake up Boston, this is two years in a row now!!
    Posted by soxman16[/QUOTE]

You can't really blame John Henry for the problems that exist with the current Red Sox team.  Having him as the owner of the Red Sox and his willingness to spend money are the only reason that we won 2 World Series since he has owned the team.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

[QUOTE]I put a lot of blame on Theo and some off course on Francona for September. What about Henry?? You have to honestly ask yourself what the heck was going on? Sounds like the entire Front office lost control and let the time just go to pot... Absolute disgrace.. good riddnes Theo, good luck in Chicago.. never liked this guy from day 1.. Totally rubbed me the wrong way.. Let the team just fail then hit the road... nice going and a big thanks to the Boston die hard fans!! The joke is on us fans Boston!!! If Henry still owns this team in April, i will not be buying a single ticket! what a disaster Boston!! Do you really think Henry cares? He is laughing all the way to the bank. Wake up Boston, this is two years in a row now!!

Law and Law's Army predicted this 2 years ago.
    There were discussions all over BDC about JH and Sox ownership looking to get as much profit out of owning this team as they could and leaving.

Theo InEpstein is part of that plan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

In Response to Re: The joke is on the Boston fans....:
    [QUOTE]enough Law.........you were gone for awhile...turmoil hits and so out of the woodwork you come....
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Aww...poor Theo Chick...put on your new gear and run along.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]enough Law.........you were gone for awhile...turmoil hits and so out of the woodwork you come....
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Law (null) and cockroaches have the same genetic roots!

Now back on topic...I think Henry has some culpability here, I think he spent too much time with his soccer team and racing team to pay attention to his Red Sox team...although he paid Theo and Francona to do that for him...but the fact that he had no idea what was going on in the clubhouse in September is an indictment on the entire organization. Appropriately, Theo and Tito decided to move on rather than try to correct something that was too big for them now...but Henry and the other boys need to pay more attention to their baseball franchise or sell it to someone who will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The joke is on the Boston fans.... : Law (null) and cockroaches have the same genetic roots! Now back on topic...I think Henry has some culpability here, I think he spent too much time with his soccer team and racing team to pay attention to his Red Sox team...although he paid Theo and Francona to do that for him...but the fact that he had no idea what was going on in the clubhouse in September is an indictment on the entire organization. Appropriately, Theo and Tito decided to move on rather than try to correct something that was too big for them now...but Henry and the other boys need to pay more attention to their baseball franchise or sell it to someone who will.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Aww...poor wittle Theo Chicks.

No worries, now that Theo is gone you can go start a Cubs fan site and leave us (actual Red Sox fans) alone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

JimfromFlorida- The SOX will always be my team. I am just sickened over the last 45 days of events.. Boston fans have been disrespected. The joke is on us right now..I honestly would love to see Fenway half empty next year. For what we pay to go to a game in one of the most uncomfortable ball parks and to get this is despicable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I agree. We should fire the owner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyStrong. Show ArmyStrong's posts

[QUOTE]JimfromFlorida- The SOX will always be my team. I am just sickened over the last 45 days of events.. Boston fans have been disrespected. The joke is on us right now..I honestly would love to see Fenway half empty next year. For what we pay to go to a game in one of the most uncomfortable ball parks and to get this is despicable.

Everybody knew John Henry and the Sox ownership weren't part of Red Sox Nation and were only in it for the $$. It was Theo's job to keep the Red Sox focused on the fans and winning championships.

Theo failed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OUTRAGE!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the front office knew what was happening - they were not resigning francona regardless...i hope we can just move forward now that tito/theo are gone...im looking forward to starting fresh in 2012

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Yes, because watching your team - your business - have a colossal failure is just hilarious!  JH can laugh because win or lose, people will fill the seats, right? Sorry, but I don't think that JH has become one of the most successful businessmen in America following a model like that.  

It's been two years in a row?  OMG.  The sky is definitely falling.  Do you happen to recall how long it had been prior to JH?  

EVERYONE in the organization needs to be accountable, and JH is no exception, but to imply that none of this bothers him is likely a very unfair assessment.  And to suggest he needs to go because of two seasons of missing the playoffs is equally unfair.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyStrong. Show ArmyStrong's posts

[QUOTE]the front office knew what was happening - they were not resigning francona regardless...i hope we can just move forward now that tito/theo are gone...im looking forward to starting fresh in 2012
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Don't blame Theo for leaving.He get away from guys like you who know sh....t . More money, more control. Only joke is on cry babies

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Fire Henry! oh wait, he owns the team....oh well

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

The rotation confirmed Wade the chicken eatin Bogg's legacy, they'll always be the chicken man now...the music will be forever stuck in every fenway ipod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvzm6Xee1QA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You know???  I might disagree slightly with the way he put it, but it might not be a bad idea to send a little message by vacating the stands!  It would certainly send a solid message, that Sox fans have had it with the BS!

Unfortunately!  The only people we would end up hurting are the little guys & gals working their butts off to make a few bucks selling all that c rap we buy while visiting Fenway! 

I'm so disappointed with so many guys!!!  These are our kid's role models???  Many of these guys should really be ashame!!!!  I wonder if we will see any real contrition from any of the big offenders????  Doubtful!  It's a character thing!  The guys who need to show contrition NEVER even realize it!  Then you have a GIANT like Pedey who will FEEL & SHOW contrition when none is warranted on his part!

Pretty sorry State of The Nation on the eve of our Centennial Year!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]JimfromFlorida- The SOX will always be my team. I am just sickened over the last 45 days of events.. Boston fans have been disrespected. The joke is on us right now..I honestly would love to see Fenway half empty next year. For what we pay to go to a game in one of the most uncomfortable ball parks and to get this is despicable.

You said you would not watch the RS if Henry still owned the team so I said good bye. If that is the way you feel fine and dandy.
    I don't feel the same and I doubt no I know Fenway will be packed again next year.
    So if you don't like the team or the ownership or the players or the park maybe you should not say they will always be your team.
    If you hate so much about the RS how can they be your team????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The joke is on the Boston fans.... : You said you would not watch the RS if Henry still owned the team so I said good bye. If that is the way you feel fine and dandy. I don't feel the same and I doubt no I know Fenway will be packed again next year. So if you don't like the team or the ownership or the players or the park maybe you should not say they will always be your team. If you hate so much about the RS how can they be your team????
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Jim,

I agree.  However, I have no doubt this guy is simply blowing off a lot of steam as many / most Boston RS fans are want to do.  We come from a long line of over-reactors!  It's in our genes :) It's a very helpless feeling when our team goes south in such a despicable way!! Yes, I've said Tito lost control & he had to go, BUT SO MANY OF OUR guys simply turned their backs on a guy who took many a sling & arrow for these very same ingrates!!!! The more I think about it, the more I start to change my mind on who deserves the lions share of the blame. I was leaning toward Tito, as he is THE LEADER! However, as more & more anecdotal evidence comes out, I'M LEANING BACK TOWARD THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES!!! The picture being fleshed out, seems to be a clubhouse full of spoiled, selfish, whining, petty, & lazy millionaires!!!! WITH NO LOYALTY OR CHARACTER!

SURE!  Henry must share in the blame & responsibility!  Now he has a responsibility to CLEAN HOUSE!  Tito had to go, but his guys let him down in the worst way!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

the owner has spent 450 millon dollars since becoming the owner, mostly on what theo said were good players, now theo is with the club and the RS are stuck with the crap he signed. 

So don't blame the owner, he spent the money on bad advice.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Blaming the owner is absurd. How much money did he spend to make this a great team? Two WS in a decade. Are you serious?

He's a great owner willing to give management the talent they need to contend. It's management's job to scout, recruit, hire talent and motivate them to play their best.

Get your roles straight people. We have great owners willing to compete with NY and any other big budget tea. Now we can compete.

Cleaning house was just what was needed. Looking forward to next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

"If you hate so much about the RS how can they be your team????"

Come on Jim, I'm sure like all of us there were times you hated your parents, yet you never stopped loving them!!!!!

Soxman makes a valid point...... None of us life long Sox fans will ever love any other team besides the Sox. But that dosen't mean we can't hate what we saw this year.  If we didn't love them so much then what we saw, and since are learning wouldn't bother us enough to hate it.

You know what really bothers me?  Just watching any of the other 8 teams that made the post season.  It's hard not to see the difference in attitude. I know I hate to see that difference!!

Clearly the blame falls on everyone from some of the players up through the owners. The good news is today Theo finally signed a contract that is his best yet for the Sox next year. Him signing with the Cubs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Good stuff bro, just like fox news staff can fire roger ailes or rupert murdoch OR torre shouldve just fired steinbrenner, etc... 

im about readt to begin an dccupy wall street tour myself, but seriously, if henry and lucchino want a loss leader, a loss leader they will produce.

27 outs is all you ever get

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He is a smart business man. Made im provements to Fenway. He unlike Jerry Jones let his people do their jobs. Now that Theo wans to leave he is allowing that to happen and going inside to someone else he will trust to have the best interest in the team. We could be in a unatractive cookie cutter stadium on the south shore in the middle of know where. He resepcted the history of the Fenway and made improvemnts to increase his bottom line and made great TV and Radio contracts so we can spend with the yankees. What owner in our entire history every matched the yankees dollar for dollar.

Sections
Shortcuts