The kid has an arm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

The kid has an arm

That throw today by JBJ to nail the guy at second, is why I think he will not be heading to Pawtucket this season.  The other reason JBJ is not going anywhere is because Shane looks like his season could end with each run to first.

Saying that, Bradford on weei today hinted that "help" is on the way.  I am not sure if he meant outfield help or another bat.  Bradford did say what we all know and that is if Dustin and Ortiz keep hitting, less attention will be on JBJ abd Size.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: The kid has an arm

for those who missed it

http://m.mlb.com/video/?content_id=33192879&c_id=mlb

nice play

not sure if it's a job saver though

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That throw today by JBJ to nail the guy at second, is why I think he will not be heading to Pawtucket this season.  The other reason JBJ is not going anywhere is because Shane looks like his season could end with each run to first.

Saying that, Bradford on weei today hinted that "help" is on the way.  I am not sure if he meant outfield help or another bat.  Bradford did say what we all know and that is if Dustin and Ortiz keep hitting, less attention will be on JBJ abd Size.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I've always mantained that, if you can't hide an up-the-middle GG in the 9-hole, then you have problems elsewhere.  DH and SS are hammering it, 2nd is above average, 1B exactly at 100, and catcher, 3B, LF, CF, and RF are all 88 and below for sOPS+.

Oddly enough, CF is not our worst position for sOPS+, RF is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I would give JBJ the rest of this year, and next, to get the number of at bats he needs in order to hit at least .265-270. When he reaches that, he'll improve even more. Right now he's pulling his weight because he us a class act in CF. No question about that. He makes it look so easy, you wonder why others can't track 'em down like he does! Give him time, he'll work out, at the plate, eventually.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Thanks to the long rain delay..I was home in time to catch this play. Very impressive and I would remind the class that he is very good defensively so I will cut him some slack on offense. After all..we've seen what happens to key defensive positions when we value offense over defense ( a la Drew).

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would give JBJ the rest of this year, and next, to get the number of at bats he needs in order to hit at least .265-270. When he reaches that, he'll improve even more. Right now he's pulling his weight because he us a class act in CF. No question about that. He makes it look so easy, you wonder why others can't track 'em down like he does! Give him time, he'll work out, at the plate, eventually.

[/QUOTE]

AT BATS....Yes the magic at bats does it What # of at bats makes you a good hitter? JBJ STINKS !!! And yes others do track 'em down like JBJ. Sox have at least 4 very weak hitters in line-up, lets give them the magic at bats and we should lead the league in hitting before long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks to the long rain delay..I was home in time to catch this play. Very impressive and I would remind the class that he is very good defensively so I will cut him some slack on offense. After all..we've seen what happens to key defensive positions when we value offense over defense ( a la Drew).

[/QUOTE]

If our other weak spots offensively were not weak spots and were producing at an average level at least I would not mind Bradley in CF. However, he cannot hit the baseball. He should have been demoted long ago.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

3 hits in last 10 games, Avg. dropped 20 points. Not enough Defense, to make up for this lack of production. Especially from a CF. Not improving, I understand Majors is tough, he is having a harder time to figure it out, should be getting a little better by now. 145 at bats with 49 K's. He's got to improve. Cant have a ratio of 1 out of 3 a unproductive at bats. Unless your a Dave Kingman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AT BATS....Yes the magic at bats does it What # of at bats makes you a good hitter? JBJ STINKS !!! And yes others do track 'em down like JBJ. Sox have at least 4 very weak hitters in line-up, lets give them the magic at bats and we should lead the league in hitting before long.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You give the warm fuzzies Don.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

As someone mentioned above, if we can’t hide bradleys bat in the 9 hole then we clearly have a problem with the rest of the line up. If the guys at the top and in the middle are producing, then how our #9 hitter is hitting becomes a moot point. But because the majority of our line up is struggling, bradley not producing stands out even more. A big bat in LF would go a long way for this team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the post game show in weei was very good last night.  A caller had a great observation on JBJ.  He said JBJ is trying to kill the ball on every swing.  The sox need to work with him to maybe just get the ball in play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If .200 is the Mendoza Line what is .100? JBJ has a better chance of reaching .100 before he reaches .250.

He has the same issue as WMB, Ross, Nap and Gomes-----watch their eyes at bat  and see where their heads are after the swing…If JBJ was willing to go with the pitch he could reach .250 before .100. In addition Sizemore tries to pull everything--when he allows contact and takes the outside pitch, with authority, to left center his result would be closer to the player he was 3-4 years ago. 

See the ball---hit the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If .200 is the Mendoza Line what is .100? JBJ has a better chance of reaching .100 before he reaches .250.

He has the same issue as WMB, Ross, Nap and Gomes-----watch their eyes at bat  and see where their heads are after the swing…If JBJ was willing to go with the pitch he could reach .250 before .100. In addition Sizemore tries to pull everything--when he allows contact and takes the outside pitch, with authority, to left center his result would be closer to the player he was 3-4 years ago. 

See the ball---hit the ball.

[/QUOTE]

what you are saying is easily corrected.  Maybe the fault lies in the sox hitting coach.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As someone mentioned above, if we can’t hide bradleys bat in the 9 hole then we clearly have a problem with the rest of the line up. If the guys at the top and in the middle are producing, then how our #9 hitter is hitting becomes a moot point. But because the majority of our line up is struggling, bradley not producing stands out even more. A big bat in LF would go a long way for this team. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the post game show in weei was very good last night.  A caller had a great observation on JBJ.  He said JBJ is trying to kill the ball on every swing.  The sox need to work with him to maybe just get the ball in play.

[/QUOTE]

You can see that in his swing. No doubt nerves and just trying too hard. I still say his poor hitting is not a reason to take him out of the lineup when he has been on point defensively and making all the plays. Like I said last year with regards to Drew...saving runs is just as important as making runs.

I agree with the poster who stated that Bradley Jr's struggles at the plate would be less noticeable if the people who we actually pay to be strong offensive player were doing their jobs consistently.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

Stephen Drew will be not hitting soon which will take the heat of JBJ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha...touche'. I'll still take him for his defense :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha...touche'. I'll still take him for his defense :-)

[/QUOTE]

Me too, but you know no one gets spared when there is a good joke to tell.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just about all centerfielders in MLB are excellent defenders. That's why they are out there. You can make the argument that Bradley is one of the best, even THE best , but he is not so much better than the rest that he doesn't need to hit at least a little bit. You simply cannot stay in MLB with a sub .200 batting average. I do think that he will start to hit. He hit pretty well in the minors. But he has to start showing it pretty soon.

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just about all centerfielders in MLB are excellent defenders. That's why they are out there. You can make the argument that Bradley is one of the best, even THE best , but he is not so much better than the rest that he doesn't need to hit at least a little bit. You simply cannot stay in MLB with a sub .200 batting average. I do think that he will start to hit. He hit pretty well in the minors. But he has to start showing it pretty soon.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE

The subject of finding a replacement comes up all the time, just did on nesn.  When it comes up the universal answer is that there is no one out there. Again, he is hitting 9th or 8th tonight.  If he only had 2 or 3 hits in the last 11 games and was hitting 3rd or 4th, I would agree that there is a major problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE

The subject of finding a replacement comes up all the time, just did on nesn.  When it comes up the universal answer is that there is no one out there. Again, he is hitting 9th or 8th tonight.  If he only had 2 or 3 hits in the last 11 games and was hitting 3rd or 4th, I would agree that there is a major problem.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    Betts is still quite a bit away. Sizemore would be the logical replacement.  Sizemore has not exactly been killing the ball either, but he has been showing some signs of life lately.  No matter where you hit in the order, your turn is going to come up. You have to produce a little bit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In addition to an arm, JBJ is tied with Dustin for the sox in the RBI category for 5th spot.  He now has 17 for the season.  Not bad for a rookie batting ninth making a percentage of what Dustin makes.  Ortiz who makes 17 plus million this year leads the team with 29.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Hopefully a good productive night will get him started. At least make him feel good.

Sections
Shortcuts