The latest on Clay from ESPN...."not thinking he might feel something wrong"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

The latest on Clay from ESPN...."not thinking he might feel something wrong"

Buchholz getting (dare we say it?) closer August, 4, 2013 Aug 4 7:25 PM ET By Gordon Edes | ESPNBoston.com

• BOSTON -- The 2013 season ends exactly eight weeks from Sunday.

Clay Buchholz, who has made just two starts in the last 10 ½ weeks, none since June 8, on Sunday had his most aggressive throwing session to date in the two weeks since seeing orthopedist James Andrews for a second opinion on the bursitis in his right shoulder.

Buchholz would not pinpoint when he expects to throw again off the mound, but concurred with what manager John Farrell said before the game, that he’s getting close.

“This is the best I’ve felt since the day in Seattle where I threw and didn’t feel anything,’’ Buchholz said. “That’s where we’re at.’’

Farrell said the Sox would use as a marker Buchholz’s ability to throw from 90 feet with a crow’s hop at normal intensity.

“This was the highest intensity I’ve thrown today,’’ Buchholz said, “to the point where I’m not thinking I’m going to feel something. I was able to let loose a little more.’’

Buchholz estimates he was throwing at 80 percent intensity. He also did some long tossing from 150 feet. “I’m still throwing all my pitches,’’ he said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: The latest on Clay from ESPN....

What a huge boost Buchholz could bring to this team.

It's better than any trade any team could have made.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

With Buchholz back to normal, this team is going to be very tough to beat. SP as good if not better than TB imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

If he comes back Sept 1st, he'll get about 5 Starts. First 3  Starts Pitch count situation, probably last 2 we'll see what he's got, unless he's on DL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ill put Buchholz, Doubront, Peavy abd Lackey up against any 4. I still believe in Lester too as he had a great July before his last start. He will be right in the middle of things too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:

Buchholz getting (dare we say it?) closer August, 4, 2013 Aug 4 7:25 PM ET By Gordon Edes | ESPNBoston.com

Clay Buchholz, who has made just two starts in the last 10 ½ weeks, none since June 8, on Sunday had his most aggressive throwing session to date in the two weeks since seeing orthopedist James Andrews for a second opinion on the bursitis in his right shoulder.

Buchholz would not pinpoint when he expects to throw again off the mound, but concurred with what manager John Farrell said before the game, that he’s getting close.

“This is the best I’ve felt since the day in Seattle where I threw and didn’t feel anything,’’ Buchholz said. “That’s where we’re at.’’

Farrell said the Sox would use as a marker Buchholz’s ability to throw from 90 feet with a crow’s hop at normal intensity.

“This was the highest intensity I’ve thrown today,’’ Buchholz said, “to the point where I’m not thinking I’m going to feel something. I was able to let loose a little more.’’

Buchholz estimates he was throwing at 80 percent intensity. He also did some long tossing from 150 feet. “I’m still throwing all my pitches,’’ he said.

Buch... I lov ya man !!! Your the best....How about a group hug? There's so many choked up posters now, we can barely compose ourselves.Tissue anyone ? Slowly let go of mommy's apron and don't look back. We are all behind you now, don't be affaid mommy will be right there you'll be ok... We lov ya .. Buchie

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:

Buch... I lov ya man !!! Your the best....How about a group hug? There's so many choked up posters now, we can barely compose ourselves.Tissue anyone ? Slowly let go of mommy's apron and don't look back. We are all behind you now, don't be affaid mommy will be right there you'll be ok... We lov ya .. Buchie

I take it that the concept of "building up arm strength" is foreign to you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

We need him back...and at full strength if we are going anywhere in the play offs.

Sections
Shortcuts