The Latest on the Mike Napoli Situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Re: The Latest on the Mike Napoli Situation

I never understood their fascination with Napoli. It doesn't matter how many positions he can theoretically play if he can't physically do it anymore.  Adam Laroche would cost more, but you get a gold glove first baseman who can also hit, & he is healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The latest situation in the Napoli hold up seems to be (as reported by Will Carroll of SI, previously of Baseball Prospectus) that the Red Sox are very concerned about his hip, so as to reduce the contract to two years. Napoli's camp says no.

If this is the case and there is an issue with the physical, walk away. Period. Have some pelota's in your negotiation and walk. Go talk to Adam LaRoche about a two year deal and be done with it.

[/QUOTE]

I'd hesitate even for two years. Go with Salty, Ross/Lavarnway.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 x 1000

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hey his hip should be fine.... remember he only needs 72 Fenway at bats to be "awesome". And don't forget that high OPS that he averaged by playing in a whopping 109 games a year (and in the league that has the DH). He has one valuable bat.... more so than Pujols and AGon according to some.

This deal falling through would be like the Titantic avoiding that iceberg. A Christmas present indeed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

The latest situation in the Napoli hold up seems to be (as reported by Will Carroll of SI, previously of Baseball Prospectus) that the Red Sox are very concerned about his hip, so as to reduce the contract to two years. Napoli's camp says no.

If this is the case and there is an issue with the physical, walk away. Period. Have some pelota's in your negotiation and walk. Go talk to Adam LaRoche about a two year deal and be done with it.

[/QUOTE]

Better yet, sign Lance Berkman to a one year deal with a club option for a 2nd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this has been another farcical moment brought to you by GM Ben "Clouseau" Cherington

[/QUOTE]

Good one. Peter Sellers would be proud!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd hesitate even for two years. Go with Salty, Ross/Lavarnway.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 x 1000

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Who is going to play 1B?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would go for the low risk Berkman ( switch hitter) also, one year deal with options.

Berkman and Gomez ( played 37 gms. in the majors last year and avg. a hit per gm. and has a high SLG.) will be the 1B combo. Gomez will be the back up PH ,DH and 1B and see what kind of season he will have next year.

Or the other risk is trade for younger 1B Hosmer .

If Napoli has injury issues the Sox can't take a risk on him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe this a blessing in diguise. If BC can reject the trade then do it, why take a risk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Adam LaRoche would not only cost us a draft pick, but would reduce the money the Sox have available to sign draft picks. But if your goal is to build your team entirely out of FAs then I guess it would be a smart move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MIKE WHO ??????  WE HARDLY KNEW THEE !!!

[/QUOTE]

Napoli is partying ever night and is out of shape, really out of shape

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

It must be a major issue on the medical that would scare off other teams as well, otherwise Napoli would say lets void the whole thing and let me sign with another club. This is rediculous already, they should just move on in a different direction. LaRoche is a better hitter anyway.Although it probably impacts Young Ben and his want to trade Saltalamachia b4 he gets big money.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Adam LaRoche would not only cost us a draft pick, but would reduce the money the Sox have available to sign draft picks. But if your goal is to build your team entirely out of FAs then I guess it would be a smart move.

[/QUOTE]

would reduce the money the Sox have available to sign draft picks.

?

is that in the new CBA ?

[/QUOTE]

If a team signs a FA who was offered a contract they not only lose a draft pick but the money associated with that pick.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They can play Salty, Drew, Gomez and Sands at 1B.

Yipee!

Maybe bring up Bogaerts to play 1B.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

If a team signs a FA who was offered a contract they not only lose a draft pick but the money associated with that pick.

thanks HH I did not know that

I would admit that I'm confused with a lot of the new cba

but I don't want to tilt the results in the

'' The Dumbest Poster On This Board '' thread

[/QUOTE]

hahaha...you're on fire today!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yipee!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Moon, has ADG or Ike hacked your account here?  You seem to have moved over to the Dark Side over the past two months.   ;-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yipee!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Moon, has ADG or Ike hacked your account here?  You seem to have moved over to the Dark Side over the past two months.   ;-)

[/QUOTE]

It's not the dark side: it's the illuminated side of reality.

Turn off the pink spotlight and take a closer look at reality.

:-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would go for the low risk Berkman ( switch hitter) also, one year deal with options.

Berkman and Gomez ( played 37 gms. in the majors last year and avg. a hit per gm. and has a high SLG.) will be the 1B combo. Gomez will be the back up PH ,DH and 1B and see what kind of season he will have next year.

Or the other risk is trade for younger 1B Hosmer .

If Napoli has injury issues the Sox can't take a risk on him.

[/QUOTE]

Youk got 12 million.  I think you are underestimating the money that Berkman will receive.  He may agree to a 1 yr offer; howver, the price tag will be approx 14 mil.  2 yrs / 22 is much more likely.  And Berkman is far older today than Naps will be at the end of a 3 yr contract.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

would reduce the money the Sox have available to sign draft picks.

?

is that in the new CBA ?

[/QUOTE]

I just think the whole thing has been dragging on a little too long already. Its not like heis a superstar either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this has been another farcical moment brought to you by GM Ben "Clouseau" Cherington

[/QUOTE]

Sop let me get this straight.  you were mad when Cherington signed him, and now you are upset that Napoli's physical did not turn out so good?  

So if this scenario plays out and the Sox renege on Napoli's deal, I bet you will blame Cherington for Napoli failing a physical.  and then when they sign/trade for another 1B, you will hate that guy and be the first one yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!? YOU HAD NAPOLI!!!!!"

Book it.

[/QUOTE]

actually Napoli is the best signing of the lot (i guess if i had to choose one)...at least it represents an upgrade...what makes me laugh is everything ben touches, like GW Bush, goes to all heck...usually it takes at least a month of games to see how badly a Ben trade or signing is - he beat his own record...impressive

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sop let me get this straight.  you were mad when Cherington signed him, and now you are upset that Napoli's physical did not turn out so good?  

So if this scenario plays out and the Sox renege on Napoli's deal, I bet you will blame Cherington for Napoli failing a physical.  and then when they sign/trade for another 1B, you will hate that guy and be the first one yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!? YOU HAD NAPOLI!!!!!"

Book it.

[/QUOTE]

actually Napoli is the best signing of the lot (i guess if i had to choose one)...at least it represents an upgrade...what makes me laugh is everything ben touches, like GW Bush, goes to all heck...usually it takes at least a month of games to see how badly a Ben trade or signing is - he beat his own record...impressive

[/QUOTE]

actually it usually takes a couple years to determine who "won" in a trade or signing... just because you choose to jump the gun for the sake of bashing him doesn't mean everyone else should too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Book it.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

actually it usually takes a couple years to determine who "won" in a trade or signing... just because you choose to jump the gun for the sake of bashing him doesn't mean everyone else should too.

[/QUOTE]
    are you still holding your breath on the reddick-bailey trade?  give it up mef...we got hosed on that one....one inning relievers are a dime a dozen...reddick was a star last yr at bat and on the field....bailey was a huge bust....unless he wins 14 as a starter next year, he will nevr be worth what they gave up for him

Sections
Shortcuts