In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

this has been another farcical moment brought to you by GM Ben "Clouseau" Cherington

[/QUOTE]

Sop let me get this straight.  you were mad when Cherington signed him, and now you are upset that Napoli's physical did not turn out so good?  

So if this scenario plays out and the Sox renege on Napoli's deal, I bet you will blame Cherington for Napoli failing a physical.  and then when they sign/trade for another 1B, you will hate that guy and be the first one yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!? YOU HAD NAPOLI!!!!!"

Book it.

[/QUOTE]

actually Napoli is the best signing of the lot (i guess if i had to choose one)...at least it represents an upgrade...what makes me laugh is everything ben touches, like GW Bush, goes to all heck...usually it takes at least a month of games to see how badly a Ben trade or signing is - he beat his own record...impressive

[/QUOTE]

actually it usually takes a couple years to determine who "won" in a trade or signing... just because you choose to jump the gun for the sake of bashing him doesn't mean everyone else should too.

[/QUOTE]
    are you still holding your breath on the reddick-bailey trade?  give it up mef...we got hosed on that one....one inning relievers are a dime a dozen...reddick was a star last yr at bat and on the field....bailey was a huge bust....unless he wins 14 as a starter next year, he will nevr be worth what they gave up for him

[/QUOTE]

on holding my breath on every trade and move BC has made until a definitive conclusion can br drawn. what if bailey is an all-star again next year and reddick was just a flash in the pan? will you still say we got hosed?? Mortenson can become a huge part of our BP or even rotation or he could go bust.

its still way too early to judge him on most of his moves..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: The Latest on the Mike Napoli Situation

even if bailey were an all star this year and reddick tanks, wouldnt the A's still be ahead given the position and production of reddick? you would have to have bailey light it up for 2 seasons and reddick to fall off the map to even say it was even....how is bailey being an all star next year even compare to the production and assists/glove Reddick displayed last season?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

even if bailey were an all star this year and reddick tanks, wouldnt the A's still be ahead given the position and production of reddick? you would have to have bailey light it up for 2 seasons and reddick to fall off the map to even say it was even....how is bailey being an all star next year even compare to the production and assists/glove Reddick displayed last season?

[/QUOTE]

still, you have to wait until both of their tenures with their teams are up before you can accurately judge the move.. but look who i'm talking to, you had your mind made up since you first read the words stating the deal was made. nothing that happens will change your opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember, this is the guy the Rangers, the team that presumably knows him best, didn't want to risk ONE year at 13 million with draft pick compensation if he signed elsewhere. They didn't want him for 1 year, and the Sox jumped in at 3 years for that money before realizing their mistake.

Duh.

[/QUOTE]

This strikes me as a very incomplete analysis.  Don't you think they were also trying to budget Josh Hamilton? 

Ifact I fact I bet if his deal falls apart in Boston Napoli gets an offer from Texas. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Napoli: "Mr. Cherington, my hip is perfectly fine."

Cherington: "Ummmmm,..........let's see another doctor."

Napoli: "What the %$&@ man?"    LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

If its a hip situation stay clear.  Look at the disaster A-rod is now, and youk went downhill pretty fast after his little hip problem.  Say no to Napoli.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The latest situation in the Napoli hold up seems to be (as reported by Will Carroll of SI, previously of Baseball Prospectus) that the Red Sox are very concerned about his hip, so as to reduce the contract to two years. Napoli's camp says no.

If this is the case and there is an issue with the physical, walk away. Period. Have some pelota's in your negotiation and walk. Go talk to Adam LaRoche about a two year deal and be done with it.

[/QUOTE]

Better yet, sign Lance Berkman to a one year deal with a club option for a 2nd.

[/QUOTE]

He would be another one, like Swisher, who can play OF/1b and is a SH...But, he wouldnt cost a draft pick and could be had for a 1, maybe a 2nd (option/vesting) year, Unlike swisher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The problem is Lance stinks, and if we have indeed become competitive, this is a huge step backwards as other teams will blow us away at 1B production.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

in that case we might just have to bite the bullet and give up some talent for PG from arizona :)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem is Lance stinks, and if we have indeed become competitive, this is a huge step backwards as other teams will blow us away at 1B production.

[/QUOTE]

Berkman has a .940 OPS over the past 2 seasons.  The problem with Berkman is more related to whether or not he can hold up.  He only played like 30 games last year...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

IF the Napoli deal falls apart, the most likely candidates are LaRoche, Berkman Swisher and Morse.   I suppose Kendrys Morales might be a disant fifth,

However, as of yet, this deal has been neither confirmed nor denied...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

IF the Napoli deal falls apart, the most likely candidates are LaRoche, Berkman Swisher and Morse.   I suppose Kendrys Morales might be a disant fifth,

However, as of yet, this deal has been neither confirmed nor denied...

[/QUOTE]

maybe we can get Lars Anderson back?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Berkman has a .940 OPS over the past 2 seasons.  The problem with Berkman is more related to whether or not he can hold up.  He only played like 30 games last year...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I should have been more specific: the fact that he hardly plays stinks.

(I was actually for signing him before the AGon trade was announced.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

3 different sports but Mike Lowell, Bo Jackson and Cam Neely all had bad hips that ended their careers. It would not surprise me if Youkilis ends up on the DL more than once in 2013. If Napoli has a bad hip then the Sox should wish him well and look elsewhere for a 1B.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No All-Star closers are much harder to fine than RFers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No All-Star closers are much harder to fine than RFers.

[/QUOTE]

right because paps made such a huge difference in Philly as opposed to reddick in oakland..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Any word at all lately on this situation? It's been days now