The Los Angeles Angels traded power hitter Kendrys Morales to the Seattle Mariners for left-hander Jason Vargas on Wednesday, filling needs for both teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

The 29-year-old Morales became expendable after the Angels agreed to a deal last week with free agent slugger Josh Hamilton. The Angels had been looking for a pitcher after losing Zack Greinke and Dan Haren to free agency and trading Ervin Santana.

Getting Vargas reunites the lefty with his former Long Beach State teammate Jared Weaver at the top of the Angels' rotation. Vargas led Seattle in wins last season, going 14-11 with a 3.85 ERA and pitched a career-high 217 1-3 innings. The 29-year-old is 36-42 with a 4.09 ERA in four years with the Mariners....

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

brace for impact!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

brace for impact!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

brace for impact!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Vargas was more than what I thought it would take to get Kendrys. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Vargas was more than what I thought it would take to get Kendrys. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Ells headed to Seattle??? Just kidding!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 29-year-old Morales became expendable after the Angels agreed to a deal last week with free agent slugger Josh Hamilton. The Angels had been looking for a pitcher after losing Zack Greinke and Dan Haren to free agency and trading Ervin Santana.

Getting Vargas reunites the lefty with his former Long Beach State teammate Jared Weaver at the top of the Angels' rotation. Vargas led Seattle in wins last season, going 14-11 with a 3.85 ERA and pitched a career-high 217 1-3 innings. The 29-year-old is 36-42 with a 4.09 ERA in four years with the Mariners....

[/QUOTE]

As I have been saying for quite some time, the Sox need pitching and Mariners hitting so it could they could have been a good trade partner with all their good young pitchers.  I would still love to see us trade for Walker or Hultzen but doubt that would ever happen now.

De La Rosa, Barnes and one of those kids could give us some real hope for the future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I have been saying for quite some time, the Sox need pitching and Mariners hitting so it could they could have been a good trade partner with all their good young pitchers.  I would still love to see us trade for Walker or Hultzen but doubt that would ever happen now.

De La Rosa, Barnes and one of those kids could give us some real hope for the future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Oh well, Morales is a FA after 2013. I guess if he continues to recover this year, we could always give him a 3/39 contract next year!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

He is not a sure bet that is clear... the Mariners offenese is one big marshmellow that is a bit close to the flire.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ugh forum glitches.... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Not a good trade for Seattle!!  Seattle awfully need pitching.  Felix cant do alone!! but  that would hurt Seattle's chance to try to get into a contract extension with Felix!!  I know Felix already love living in Seattle.   Still does he want to win a ring??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

An AL pitcher w/ 2 sub 4 ERA years is a pretty valuable commodity. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

An AL pitcher w/ 2 sub 4 ERA years is a pretty valuable commodity. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Not a good trade for Seattle!!  Seattle awfully need pitching.  Felix cant do alone!! but  that would hurt Seattle's chance to try to get into a contract extension with Felix!!  I know Felix already love living in Seattle.   Still does he want to win a ring??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Sections
Shortcuts