The Los Angeles Angels traded power hitter Kendrys Morales to the Seattle Mariners for left-hander Jason Vargas on Wednesday, filling needs for both teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

End of the day it's a trade that helps both teams. Vargas is going from one pitchers park to another so his home road splits are less of a worry, had he gone to say the Rangers instead..The addition of Vargas gives the Angels another quality arm somnething they needed after losing out on Greinke and allowing Haren to walk....In Morales, Mariner's will have a legit middle of the order bat  in park that's suited for his swing (lefthanded, dead pull hitter). Something they lacked since Griffey &  Martinez, who'll give them 400-500 at bats DHing and likely play at little 1B too while platooning with Montero. His addition also buys the M's a little insurance if Smoak falls short with 2013 the year he finally has to show that he's the impact player they thought they were getting from the Rangers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

End of the day it's a trade that helps both teams. Vargas is going from one pitchers park to another so his home road splits are less of a worry, had he gone to say the Rangers instead..The addition of Vargas gives the Angels another quality arm somnething they needed after losing out on Greinke and allowing Haren to walk....In Morales, Mariner's will have a legit middle of the order bat  in park that's suited for his swing (lefthanded, dead pull hitter). Something they lacked since Griffey &  Martinez, who'll give them 400-500 at bats DHing and likely play at little 1B too while platooning with Montero. His addition also buys the M's a little insurance if Smoak falls short with 2013 the year he finally has to show that he's the impact player they thought they were getting from the Rangers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This might be an addition that might cause Swish to take another look at the Mariners--they got Kendrys they've got some other good young players--nice part of the country--fences moved in --they have some money--I can play RF some 1 b and I don't have to face Felix. It may be a good fit.

Didn't JBay sign there last week?

Maybe the Sox could move Ells to Seattle?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This might be an addition that might cause Swish to take another look at the Mariners--they got Kendrys they've got some other good young players--nice part of the country--fences moved in --they have some money--I can play RF some 1 b and I don't have to face Felix. It may be a good fit.

Didn't JBay sign there last week?

Maybe the Sox could move Ells to Seattle?

Softy have you been playing with everyone's computer? Only kidding--you haven't ,right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

i thought the mariners got the better end of this trade, vargas is a product of safeco, morales could be a steal for the m's if he returns to form. 30 hr 100 potential and is a switch hitter. I heard that justin smoak will like me available with this trade forcing him out of his spot at first base. smoak for salty? could work for both teams.

The trade was fair in that each team addressed a specific need, but I would note that the Mariners traded one year of a 29-year-old 0.8 WAR* pitcher who is projected to earn $7.4 million in 2013 for one year of a 29-year-old 1.8 WAR power hitter who is projected to earn $4.8 million in 2013.

I don't see the Mariners trading four years of Justin Smoak for one year of Jarrod Saltalamacchia  when Kendrys Morales is expected to rotate with John Jaso, Jesus Montero and Smoak at DH/C/1B.

* 2012 Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

My gosh the Mariners suck

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Very amusing posts by RS fans.

The Mariners made a trade they wanted to make and RS fans say they got screwed???

A 270 / 20 hr / good d OF for an under 500 pitcher with a 4.00 era...

They got screwed REALLY!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Very amusing posts by RS fans.

The Mariners made a trade they wanted to make and RS fans say they got screwed???

A 270 / 20 hr / good d OF for an under 500 pitcher with a 4.00 era...

They got screwed REALLY!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

And still finished six games ahead of the Red Sox in the 2012 standings with a far younger roster.;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

i'd rather have the mariner's next 3 years than the sox next 3 years

Sections
Shortcuts