The madness begins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The madness begins?

Reports are that the Giants obtain Beltran, and Jays get Rasmus, so the dealing begins. Should Sox jump in head first or just dip in their toes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: The madness begins?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

White Sox just benched Alex Rios. ANy Takers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not quite madness at this point.  If Buchholz is really hurting (and Francona is hinting he could be), then looking for a starter now has some urgency. 

I disagree with most people who think a righty bat is crucial. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I remember 'Madness.'

"Our house, in the middle of our street, our house..."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Buchholtz situation couldn't have come at a worse time. If injured long term another quality starter is needed, and trade would have to be put together before  deadline, because aquring via waiver deal after 31st unlikely for other teams will block such a move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: The madness begins?:
    I remember 'Madness.' "Our house, in the middle of our street, our house..."
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

ONE STEP BEYOND!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Even with Buchholz back we still kinda need a starter ... seems like a no brainer.

I say we trade Lowrie, Bowden, Anderson, Expo and some used jock straps for Kemp and Kuroda.Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we cant compete with the phillies with our patchwork rotation...this Clay thing depresses me - I had more faith in him than any other pitcher....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

Even with Buchholz back we still kinda need a starter ... seems like a no brainer. I say we trade Lowrie, Bowden, Anderson, Expo and some used jock straps for Kemp and Kuroda.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111

"seems like a no brainer."

that's only true if the person perceiving the bad situation has a brain.
    unfortunately, the SOX only have arrogant THEO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

we cant compete with the phillies with our patchwork rotation...this Clay thing depresses me - I had more faith in him than any other pitcher....
    Posted by georom4

Or the Giants and maybe the Braves...gotts get another starter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya it is time for the sox to get a deal done for a top of the rotation starter. Buchholz will not be back for awhile and cannot be counted on going forward. Forget erik bedard. He makes no sense for the sox. The guy has had more injury problems than buchholz and is as undurable as they come. Think about it this way, if you have a car that has constantly been having problems and always needs repairs and you decide that you are going to get another car to replace that one, does it make sense to go buy another car that constantly needs repairs and has problems? NO. Thats the situation the sox are in right now and is exactly what they would be doing if they traded for bedard. That is why i do not think it makes any sense at all for them to get him. Also, one stat that i do not like about bedard is that over his career he has averaged only 5.85 innings pitched per start. So he would also wear down the bullpen which is not good considering how heavily we have relied upon our pen so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE RED SOX WILL GO INTO AUGUST WITH ONLY
    TWO FRONT LINE STARTERS...BECKETT AND LESTER.
    IT IS NOT ENOUGH. WAKE AND LACKEY ARE ON
    THE DOWNSIDE OF THEIR CAREERS AND BURN OUT
    THE BULLPEN. FORGET ANDREW MILLER, AN AAA
    SCRUB. THIS ROTATION HAS SERIOUS QUESTIONS !
    WE HAVE TO GET UBALDO...OTHERWISE, IT WILL BE
    A STRUGGLE JUST TO GET TO THE PLAYOFFS. FORGET
    OUR 2 GAME LEAD. IT WILL DISSIPATE WITHIN TWO
    WEEKS.

Sections
Shortcuts