The magic of Iglesias . . . .

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: The magic of Iglesias . . . .

The perfect Democrat ad.

REPUBLICANS:

Softy's picture here

Do you really associate with guys like this???

Thank God the average Republican is nothing like the soft one!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

You'll do anything to avoid the issue.  Should Iggy be the starting SS next year for the Sox?  The correct answer is NO!  I think the Sox should go with Ciriaco all the way.  PERIOD!  You say Iggy.

Wrong. Long before you aped, I posted a thread that Ciriaco should be the starting SS for 2012, and Iglesias should be called up to finish the 2012 season. The two should be with Pedroia on the 2013 active roster, and Aviles needs to go. As to who ends up the long term starting SS, it's not important as long as a capable defensive SS is in the position, which both Iglesias and Ciriaco are.

No one, including you, knew who Ciriaco was before he was called up.

WRONG!  When I was talking up Ciriaco early on in Spring Training, you said NOTHING!  You kept talking up Iggy & bashing Avilles.  You were only right about Avilles in that he is not a starting SS.  We agreed on that.  I did give him credit for being of greater value to this team than Iggy, which you couldn't see.  Not surprising!!!  You still can't see that Iggy has no bat!!!
    Just like the dems can't see that the emperor has no clothes! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Thank God the average Republican

There is no such thing as the average Republican, who throws out "homophobe". You are a shill, and a bad one.

Look, mental midget, no one has ever said Iglesias "had a bat". You give yourself away with your prevarication.  

I know to someone as simple minded & myopically thinking as you, you assume that all Republicans are like minded homophobes.  I have absolutlely no doubt that you think all Republicans hate gays / homosexuals just like you.  As usual, you would be wrong.  No surprise there. :)  My brother, who just happens to be gay / homosexual, is a Republican.  A much better Republican & Christian than you could ever dream of pretending to be!  I HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST DOUBT that he practices ALL ASPECTS OF true Christianity more faithfully than a faker like you.  One could argue that the Bible says homosexuality is a "sin," in a few passages, but the Bible is crystal clear about the other sins YOU routinely commit.  It's also pretty clear why you perseverate on the issue, as you need it to cover your other glaring faults.  Again...  No surprise there.

I'm just thankful that THE AVERAGE Republican doesnt think anything like the pathetic simpleton you so clearly are!  :)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Thank God the average Republican

There is no such thing as the average Republican, who throws out "homophobe". You are a shill, and a bad one.

Look, mental midget, no one has ever said Iglesias "had a bat". You give yourself away with your prevarication.  

It is nice to see that you didn't deny saying NOTHING about Ciriaco in Spring Training when I brought him up.  By default, you admit pining away for Iggy & bashing Avilles, which everyone will remember as the case.  You still would go with Iggy over Ciriaco.  THAT doesn't mean you're a bad person.  That issue is not at all dependent on the moronic opinions you routinely express.  :)

Can you tell us more about pretending to be a lawyer.  I just can't get enough George!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

You are a Democrat, and a homophile.

[/QUOTE]

Your powers of inferential comprehenssion are as good as your player assessment.  Do most Democrats say "the emperor has no clothes," when discussing Obama.  Do most Democrats rip apart Obama's record as consistently as I do??  You are brilliant George!

You just can't get over the FACT that most Republicans DON'T hate gays like you do.  Get over it George!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Softy:  "If it ayent  yeller, it caynt be a Kab. a ya a ya a ya.   Did i tells ya um a loyer?"

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It is nice to see that you didn't deny saying NOTHING

It's not nice to see that you have the writing skills of an imbecile.

The Red Sox would have been better with Iglesias, than Aviles. A SS who can't get on base but field the position well is better than one who can't get on base or field the position well.

Bill Clinton has bee more critical of Barry's record, than your shill attempts to pass yourself off as a log cabin Republican.

Oh softy....  I bet your wife laughs her arss off at that appropriate nickname :)  I'm sure he has her ways of dealing with that issue???

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Wow.

Giving up on a prospect after 4 career starts?  Seriously?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Bill,

Yeah, I don't often agree with you, but this is stupid even for the posters in here.

After four full seasons, Ozzie had an OPS of .573.

In terms of sample size, this is the equivalent of giving up on a player in his first major league game.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Why do people think just because 3 or 4 or even 10 posters lay waste to a player that it must mean the entire fan base feels the same way?

Ever heard of the silent majority?

MOST fans/posters are happy to see the team bring up Iggy, to have traded Beckett/AGon/Crawford, and a number of other things.  Just because a few basket cases want to jump on Iggy, Lav, and whomever means nothing to me....

BTW this new forum makes it painfull to participate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Bill,

Yeah, I don't often agree with you, but this is stupid even for the posters in here.

After four full seasons, Ozzie had an OPS of .573.

In terms of sample size, this is the equivalent of giving up on a player in his first major league game.

it isn't giving up on someone if you never like them in the first place.  Before Ozzie waas called up he was hitting 303 with a .753 OPS in the minors.  

Iggy wont be another Ozzie Smith.  He might be another Mark Belanger.  Mark Belanger would never last in Boston.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I'm a bit concerned that we've been hearing for a couple of years now how great this guy is going to be.....and now the story on him is that he'll be amazing defensively and should save more runs in the field than he'll cost them at the plate. It's a bit underwhelming to hear that hitting just won't be his thing after all the hype.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'm a bit concerned that we've been hearing for a couple of years now how great this guy is going to be.....and now the story on him is that he'll be amazing defensively and should save more runs in the field than he'll cost them at the plate. It's a bit underwhelming to hear that hitting just won't be his thing after all the hype.

There is no reason to think he won't hit a little.  He hit .266 last year as the youngest guy on the team.  He had a 46/27 K/W.  People are basing their assessment on three games.  While that is the same sample size that Valentine used with Youk, it doesn't mean it's right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The magic of Iglesias....he makes his bat disappear everytime up at the plate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

OK, no one who ahs watched Iglesius play since he has been called up will be able to say that he looks anything like a major league hitter yet.   There is no question that he has been over whelmed.

But, so what?  Let him play every day through the end of the year and he might start to find his way.  Certainly, there is nothing to lose by letting him play now.

Not that he is going to be as good as Pedroia, but Pedroia started in the big leagues with some real struggles as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

OK, no one who ahs watched Iglesius play since he has been called up will be able to say that he looks anything like a major league hitter yet.   There is no question that he has been over whelmed.

But, so what?  Let him play every day through the end of the year and he might start to find his way.  Certainly, there is nothing to lose by letting him play now.

Not that he is going to be as good as Pedroia, but Pedroia started in the big leagues with some real struggles as well.

The difference is, however, that Pedroia had much better hitting credentials in the minors than Iglesius, so it was easier to be patient and wait for him to come around.

I agree about letting him play. Might has well see what you have.

Sections
Shortcuts