The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetterberg80. Show Zetterberg80's posts

The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted

I am not going to sit here and tell you this Red Sox team, like every other team in baseball, is not without its flaws.

I am also not going to sit here and tell you this Red Sox team, like a lot of other teams, doesn’t deal with some issues in the clubhouse.

Having said that, the media’s harsh criticisms of the team – that a lot of the fans sadly buy into – is just not warranted.

Take Dennis and Callahan, for instance. I listened to them this morning for about five minutes and it was all Beckett bashing, bashing the front office for still thinking they are in the race, etc.

This team is just 3.5 games out of the wild card, and while I would not count on them to win the AL East, they are really only a few wins away from at least having a pulse in the division.

Having said that, the majority of discussion in print and on the radio is endless bashing of the front office, the manager and the players, when the truth of the matter is that the Red Sox are right there in the hunt.

The regular season is now going to be a grind. Other teams have been better. Gone are the days where the likes of the Sox and Yankees are going to have this Grand Canyonesque gap in talent over the rest of the league.

To show how close the league now is, the top 17 teams record-wise in all of MLB are only separated by 9.5 games.

I am not going to sit here and say that everything is sunshine and kittens with the Red Sox. But this endless bashing of the team really needs to stop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted

The media have to talk about something, and for most of the season the Sox have performed below expectations.  I think most of us would regard Jerry Remy as basically a homer, but last night, talking about the then 3 game winning streak, he basically said, "here we go again," meaning this season has been a roller coaster. 

I do think the harshest criticism is unmerited, but understand why some criticism is inevitable.  This ain't been that good a season so far.  In fact, the worst in at least ten years. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetterberg80. Show Zetterberg80's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted:
    The media have to talk about something, and for most of the season the Sox have performed below expectations.  I think most of us would regard Jerry Remy as basically a homer, but last night, talking about the then 3 game winning streak, he basically said, "here we go again," meaning this season has been a roller coaster.  I do think the harshest criticism is unmerited, but understand why some criticism is inevitable.  This ain't been that good a season so far.  In fact, the worst in at least ten years. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

I get that some criticism is inevitable.

But this over-the-top, TMZ-esque coverage of the team is pathetic.

If the media members feel they can call players lazy and bash their performance, is it too much to ask that we should expect the media to do its job better?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

While I agree that the media's criticism is very often harsh and they are quick to judge individual players, sometimes it is warranted. We have had a number of players who signed huge contracts and don't deliver. But, that is really not something that invites the critical comments as much as the attitude of the player.

Beckett seems very aloof. Almost doesn't appear to care about anything but himself. This is evident even to some casual fans. J.D.Drew brought this attitude to the team also. On the other hand, some despised Youkilis for being a hot-head over every strikeout.

This year's Red Sox live in the shadow of the
    HISTORIC COLLAPSE. They were expected to show dedication to team, a winning attitude and courage and grit in 2012 ( especially with Bobby V. at the helm...supposedly the tough leader who was going to whip them into shape...right?

This turned out to be a joke and we have a team that is as "unlikeable" as any Red Sox team in recent memory. They did not approach this season as a chance to "prove everyone wrong" , instead they continued to plod along much as they did last September.

And you think this $175 million dollar team doesn't deserve criticism as they chase 4 other teams with lesser payrolls, fewer stars, as many ( if not more injuries) but
    more determination.

Well, I say they do deserve the treatment they've gotten. I think they deserve to be shamed and humiliated.

It's embarrassing that they waited until August, discovered they still have a shot, and decided to wake up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

The media should understand that the only reason they have a job is because of the Red Sox. Without the team they would be writing about Mrs. Robinsons poodle pooping in the street and how she didnt clean it up. lol The media needs to get a life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The media should understand that the only reason they have a job is because of the Red Sox. Without the team they would be writing about Mrs. Robinsons poodle pooping in the street and how she didnt clean it up. lol The media needs to get a life.
    Posted by Mchampion

So , you want "rah, rah, rah.....gotta love this team!" ?, You want the media to lie to you?, you don't want truth and honesty?

I know the media goes "over the top" many times, but seriously I could not handle a bunch of "yes" men in a love affair with the team. If they stink, I want the media to say they stink.

And aside from the last four games, this team has really stunk more than they haven't stunk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Great post Zetterberg!

The Edes article today, primarily about Beckett, is just over the top.  He talks about how the boos last night mean "the fans have spoken", well I'm a fan and I wouldn't have booed Beckett last night.  He also takes shots at the front office for not doing something "bigger" at the deadline, which is something I find totally unwarranted.

The negative nature of the Boston media is predictable and tired.  As you point out, the team is mediocre, no one disputes that, but they are in the race and currently playing winning baseball.  The need to always default to the negative is pathetic.

Your point about the days of the Red Sox and Yankees dominating being over is spot on.  More teams now spend with them, while they spend a little less, also more teams are now using the advanced metrics that allegedly once gave the sox an advantage.  It is just more competitive than it was 8 years ago, for whatever reason, and that is a good thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetterberg80. Show Zetterberg80's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted : So , you want "rah, rah, rah.....gotta love this team!" ?, You want the media to lie to you?, you don't want truth and honesty? I know the media goes "over the top" many times, but seriously I could not handle a bunch of "yes" men in a love affair with the team. If they stink, I want the media to say they stink. And aside from the last four games, this team has really stunk more than they haven't stunk.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I don't want the media to go all rah, rah. Over-the-top positive stuff is just as annoying as over-the-top negative stuff.

I just wish the analysis was deeper than nonsensical stuff like "Beckett is a bum!"

For instance, I hear some of the sports radio hosts/writers just blurt out/write "Trade Beckett!" OK. To where? For whom? I want some specifics. Not just "Trade him for prospects!"

A lot of these media members are getting paid six figures to do a job that an 11-year-old Internet troll could do.

Again, if they are going to bash players for being lazy, maybe they should step up their games?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted : So , you want "rah, rah, rah.....gotta love this team!" ?, You want the media to lie to you?, you don't want truth and honesty? I know the media goes "over the top" many times, but seriously I could not handle a bunch of "yes" men in a love affair with the team. If they stink, I want the media to say they stink. And aside from the last four games, this team has really stunk more than they haven't stunk.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I don't want RAH RAH RAH all the time.
    However I do want honesty. 
    See I don't see the media as honest as maybe you and they go more than over the top sometimes. Just like fans many times, they do not look at atually what has happened. Many times they forget that players have bad games, weeks, months and years.

FYI: When the C & B thing happened last year Maddon was asked about it. His comment was that it was all BS and that every team has things like that in their clubhouse.

Look many in the media hated Francona for keeping Pedroia in the line up his firat year in April and May. I didn't ever see any one of them say they were wrong and the team was right. same as Ortiz a few years ago many wrote him off (he11 I did).

Youk said it best when he got to Chicago In Boston they expect a career year every year.  My add is that will never happen and that is what carer averages are all about the highs and the lows.

Players are taken to task for being too over the top when they K or are thrown out (Youk & Pedroia). At the same time others are taken to task for not showing enough emotion (Drew and Agon). RS players can not win in this town fans and the media are not very objective in their thinking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

While I agree that the media's criticism is very often harsh and they are quick to judge individual players, sometimes it is warranted. We have had a number of players who signed huge contracts and don't deliver. But, that is really not something that invites the critical comments as much as the attitude of the player. Beckett seems very aloof. Almost doesn't appear to care about anything but himself. This is evident even to some casual fans. J.D.Drew brought this attitude to the team also. On the other hand, some despised Youkilis for being a hot-head over every strikeout. This year's Red Sox live in the shadow of the HISTORIC COLLAPSE. They were expected to show dedication to team, a winning attitude and courage and grit in 2012 ( especially with Bobby V. at the helm...supposedly the tough leader who was going to whip them into shape...right? This turned out to be a joke and we have a team that is as "unlikeable" as any Red Sox team in recent memory. They did not approach this season as a chance to "prove everyone wrong" , instead they continued to plod along much as they did last September. And you think this $175 million dollar team doesn't deserve criticism as they chase 4 other teams with lesser payrolls, fewer stars, as many ( if not more injuries) but more determination. Well, I say they do deserve the treatment they've gotten. I think they deserve to be shamed and humiliated. It's embarrassing that they waited until August, discovered they still have a shot, and decided to wake up.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I really don't get the Beckett is aloof stuff and I know it is a common perception Zilla, so my disagreement isnt with you. Beckett is a firey competitor on the mound.....he doesnt show up his teammates for mistakes like Lackey did last year....him screaming from the dugout)where he got thrown out) Sunday night was not the first time I have seen him vocal on the bench.....that isnt signs of a guy who is aloof. Even the Chicken and Beer incidents which led us to think when he wasnt pitching he didnt care were never detailed enough as to frequency and specifics for us to know the situation.....I don't think anyone is more frustrated with his poor performances than Beckett is.....and I defintely do not see his attitude as comparable to JD Drew.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetterberg80. Show Zetterberg80's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted : I don't want RAH RAH RAH all the time. However I do want honesty.  See I don't see the media as honest as maybe you and they go more than over the top sometimes. Just like fans many times, they do not look at atually what has happened. Many times they forget that players have bad games, weeks, months and years. FYI: When the C & B thing happened last year Maddon was asked about it. His comment was that it was all BS and that every team has things like that in their clubhouse. Look many in the media hated Francona for keeping Pedroia in the line up his firat year in April and May. I didn't ever see any one of them say they were wrong and the team was right. same as Ortiz a few years ago many wrote him off (he11 I did). Youk said it best when he got to Chicago In Boston they expect a career year every year.  My add is that will never happen and that is what carer averages are all about the highs and the lows. Players are taken to task for being too over the top when they K or are thrown out (Youk & Pedroia). At the same time others are taken to task for not showing enough emotion (Drew and Agon). RS players can not win in this town fans and the media are not very objective in their thinking.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Great post.

Another thing I will add is that the media loves to use revionist history when trying to make the organization look bad.

For instance, before last year started, just about every media member was insanely high on the Red Sox. For instance, the Herald's front page was declaring them the best team ever. Everyone loved the Crawford and Gonzalez moves.

But when Crawford did not pan out as most people thought and with Gonzalez having a down year this year, these same people who were praising the Sox for acquiring them are now screaming, "WHAT WAS OWNERSHIP THINKING!??!"

It really is pathetic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetterberg80. Show Zetterberg80's posts

Great post Zetterberg! The Edes article today, primarily about Beckett, is just over the top.  He talks about how the boos last night mean "the fans have spoken", well I'm a fan and I wouldn't have booed Beckett last night.  He also takes shots at the front office for not doing something "bigger" at the deadline, which is something I find totally unwarranted. The negative nature of the Boston media is predictable and tired.  As you point out, the team is mediocre, no one disputes that, but they are in the race and currently playing winning baseball.  The need to always default to the negative is pathetic. Your point about the days of the Red Sox and Yankees dominating being over is spot on.  More teams now spend with them, while they spend a little less, also more teams are now using the advanced metrics that allegedly once gave the sox an advantage.  It is just more competitive than it was 8 years ago, for whatever reason, and that is a good thing.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Yeah, other teams are now also spending, other front offices are also way smarter, and a lot of teams that used to stink (Nationals, Pirates, Reds, etc.) are getting a lot better.

The league is much more competitive now than it was in, say, 2004.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by Mchampion

YOU HAVE IT COMPLETELY BACKWARDS!!!!

The Red Sox have the money to field a great team because the fans care so much and are willing to buy the product with respect to, tickets, radio coverage, tv coverage, newspaper coverage, & everything RS paraphernalia! 

The players are able to make the huge salaries here STRICTLY BECAUSE the fans care so much, BUY EVERYTHING RS, make the ownership big $$$$$, making it possible to field a high $ team.

This is not a difficult concept!  With our big spending (by the fans), comes big expectations!!!  Anybody who spends big on anything, has big expectations!!!!  This is capitalist econ 101!  When the brand / manufacturer you love puts out a lemon in any given year, the loyal customers raise holy hell!!!!!  No matter what the product, there is hell to pay, & the media never sugar coats what happened to the product.  They tell it like it is, or the customers stop listening to them.  NOBODY is going to listen to "the media" if they simply become part of the PR department for said brand manufacturer!!  WAKE UP!  REAL WORLD!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Simple answer - don't read their local BS or tune into the trashing talk shows.  Without an audience, these sensationalist clowns will not have jobs.  While not perfect by any means, ESPN and MLB Network are around to get the news in a more objective manner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted : YOU HAVE IT COMPLETELY BACKWARDS!!!! The Red Sox have the money to field a great team because the fans care so much and are willing to buy the product with respect to, tickets, radio coverage, tv coverage, newspaper coverage, & everything RS paraphernalia!  The players are able to make the huge salaries here STRICTLY BECAUSE the fans care so much, BUY EVERYTHING RS, make the ownership big $$$$$, making it possible to field a high $ team. This is not a difficult concept!  With our big spending (by the fans), comes big expectations!!!  Anybody who spends big on anything, has big expectations!!!!  This is capitalist econ 101!  When the brand / manufacturer you love puts out a lemon in any given year, the loyal customers raise holy hell!!!!!  No matter what the product, there is hell to pay, & the media never sugar coats what happened to the product.  They tell it like it is, or the customers stop listening to them.  NOBODY is going to listen to "the media" if they simply become part of the PR department for said brand manufacturer!!  WAKE UP!  REAL WORLD!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Here's a good analogy.....

We all were sick of the GW Bush product.  We switched our allegiance to the Obama Brand.  It sure looked good!!!  Flashy new product.  Sounded great!!!

Now we've been driving this brand new Obama for 3 1/2 years, the wheels have fallen off, the steering wheels has locked to the extreme LEFT, the car has smashed through the guard rail for every Obama driver, & we're all about to crash on the rocks below..........

The MSM is still telling us ............. "we're driving the best Lexus to date!  Any problems we might think we see are the fault of the Bush design & engineering! This car is still the best car ever made, & those unhappy customers who were hopeful really always hated Lexus to begin with. We simply need to give the Lexus another 4 years of driving so we can truly see how great this car is........"

Sorry!  The majority of customers simply aren't buying it any longer.  We've stopped listening to many in the MSM who are CLEARLY ACTING AS A PR EXTENSION FOR LEXUS!  As a result, the MSM's ratings are crashing & burning!  Their ratings are beyond pathetic, & many in the MSM are literally going under because NOBODY IS LISTENING TO THEM ANYMORE!   Again.....   Capitalist ECON 101!!!!!

Sorry to be political, but it is the best analogy I could come up with, and fits the OP perfectly!!!!

p.s.   I contributed to Obama in 08!  I simply won't get fooled again.  If you want to listen to the Lexus PR extension team????  Good on ya!  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Stop blaming the fans & media for not liking what they CLEARLY SEE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America! Gentlemen!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Stop blaming the fans & media for not liking what they CLEARLY SEE!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

If I were a young player in the Red Sox organization I would be thinking "this guy pitched this team to a world championship, this guy was a top 10 starter in the AL last year, and now he is getting ripped in the media everyday and booed off the mound with an apparent injury...... Why would anyone want to play here?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted : YOU HAVE IT COMPLETELY BACKWARDS!!!! The Red Sox have the money to field a great team because the fans care so much and are willing to buy the product with respect to, tickets, radio coverage, tv coverage, newspaper coverage, & everything RS paraphernalia!  The players are able to make the huge salaries here STRICTLY BECAUSE the fans care so much, BUY EVERYTHING RS, make the ownership big $$$$$, making it possible to field a high $ team. This is not a difficult concept!  With our big spending (by the fans), comes big expectations!!!  Anybody who spends big on anything, has big expectations!!!!  This is capitalist econ 101!  When the brand / manufacturer you love puts out a lemon in any given year, the loyal customers raise holy hell!!!!!  No matter what the product, there is hell to pay, & the media never sugar coats what happened to the product.  They tell it like it is, or the customers stop listening to them.  NOBODY is going to listen to "the media" if they simply become part of the PR department for said brand manufacturer!!  WAKE UP!  REAL WORLD!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Where does it say that the product will be great if you spend the money. Self entitled fans like you are in the minority but are heard the most because you scream the same rhetoric every chance you get. You have it all wrong. For the money you spend the Red Sox will put a product that has a chance to succeed as long as injuries and down years by some players don't stop that from happening. Nowhere do they guarantee that they will even make the play-offs, only that they will be competitive. Grow up, it is a game, and as such those who are angered by the teams shortcomings are acting like children.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

It is the mentality of society to think that if you pay more for it, it is a better product.  For example:  I make hats (I really do...part of the product for the conventions).  I make hats out of fleece.  It costs me about $1.37 in fleece and it takes me about 20 minutes to stitch the hat up on the machine.  So for my materials, time, and effort, a nice charge of $5.00 is good for me - I make profit, and good for the consumer because the cost is low, right? 

Wrong.  In the minds of consumers, lower price = bad quality.  In order for me to sell my hats, I have to charge a minimum  of $25.00 - otherwise nobody  -and I mean NOBODY - wants them.    Tell me the logic in that.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted : Where does it say that the product will be great if you spend the money. Self entitled fans like you are in the minority but are heard the most because you scream the same rhetoric every chance you get. You have it all wrong. For the money you spend the Red Sox will put a product that has a chance to succeed as long as injuries and down years by some players don't stop that from happening. Nowhere do they guarantee that they will even make the play-offs, only that they will be competitive. Grow up, it is a game, and as such those who are angered by the teams shortcomings are acting like children.
    Posted by taz1956

Actually, while I understand your opinion, and think there is some merit, I simply disagree in this particular circumstance.  I'm not a fair weather fan, and don't expect the Sox to Win it all every year.  I've been with them through the good & bad since 1963.  Even in off years, I watch every game, & root for the team.

This year, and the end of last are different.  While I'm still pulling like hell for everyone on this team, even Beckett (NOT LACKEY), I'm not going to overlook the big problems with the team!  NOR DO I GENERALLY CARP ABOUT HOW BAD THIS TEAM IS!!!! 

Guys like you hear somebody say one critical thing & can't handle it.  I hope to God our players aren't this thin skinned.  Most of them fully realize this team is seriously underperforming on many levels, and understand it when the GREAT FANS OF BOSTON, who pay their salaries, VENT!  THEY GET IT, even if you don't.  Most normal fans, you & your neighbors, often get together & vent about the Sox when things aren't going well.  THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS ON THIS WEB SITE.  This is NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE of being a hard core RS fan!!!!!!   For the most part, we're pulling for this team major league!!!!

Sometimes we vent our frustration when we see a player with all the talent in the world, but a CLEARLY LOUSY WORK ETHIC, who is killing the TEAM because he will not do the work to stay in shape!  visa vi Beckett being booed of the mound last night by the RS faithful! He's letting down the high paying fans who play his salary, but more importantly, HE'S LETTING DOWN HIS TEAM & TEAMMATES!

DEAL WITH IT!  TALK ABOUT "GROW UP!!!"

Having said that.....  no offense!  I'm sure you are simply venting like the rest of us!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't mind losing - I mind what I am seeing out of the Sox now.  I watch every single game and I am not happy with what I see.

I pay $200 a year for MLB Extra Innings so I can watch NESN, I buy new Sox hats and T-shirts every year.  My kids all have Sox hats, Tees and backpacks.  Their little league team is the Red Sox.  I buy my dad tickets to every Orioles home game when the Sox come to town in Baltimore. 

That said...I feel I have earned the right to complain whenever I want to.  I have been a loyal fan since Williams, suffered the heartaches of being a loser and never seeing the WS trophy.  Now that I have drank the good champagne...I don't want to have to go back to the cheap stuff.  This season is what it is and flavoring it in the paper one way or the other doesn't matter.  Don't blame the writers for the way the fans feel...that is like saying the fans are too dumb to see how bad the Sox are this year without some help.

I just feel the 3rd highest payroll in MLB should sport a better team than I am seeing. I don't see anyone feeling sorry for Philadelphia and don't expect they will feel sorry for the Sox. 

Win or lose they are my team...I will complain when they lose and brag when they win...that is just the way it is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The media and players bash players and coaches in years when they won the WS.  Just because this area has more shrinks per capita than any other areas, you're not going to get much patience and understanding for an underperforming over priced team.

I do think management and ownership aren't getting their fair share of the blame.  If one player is underperforming then blame the player.  When an entire team is underperforming, then maybe the blame needs to be placed on the people running the show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

In Response to Re: The media's treatment of this team is just not warranted : Actually, while I understand your opinion, and think there is some merit, I simply disagree in this particular circumstance.  I'm not a fair weather fan, and don't expect the Sox to Win it all every year.  I've been with them through the good & bad since 1963.  Even in off years, I watch every game, & root for the team. This year, and the end of last are different.  While I'm still pulling like hell for everyone on this team, even Beckett (NOT LACKEY), I'm not going to overlook the big problems with the team!  NOR DO I GENERALLY CARP ABOUT HOW BAD THIS TEAM IS!!!!  Guys like you hear somebody say one critical thing & can't handle it.  I hope to God our players aren't this thin skinned.  Most of them fully realize this team is seriously underperforming on many levels, and understand it when the GREAT FANS OF BOSTON, who pay their salaries, VENT!  THEY GET IT, even if you don't.  Most normal fans, you & your neighbors, often get together & vent about the Sox when things aren't going well.  THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS ON THIS WEB SITE.  This is NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE of being a hard core RS fan!!!!!!   For the most part, we're pulling for this team major league!!!! Sometimes we vent our frustration when we see a player with all the talent in the world, but a CLEARLY LOUSY WORK ETHIC, who is killing the TEAM because he will not do the work to stay in shape!  visa vi Beckett being booed of the mound last night by the RS faithful! He's letting down the high paying fans who play his salary, but more importantly, HE'S LETTING DOWN HIS TEAM & TEAMMATES! DEAL WITH IT!  TALK ABOUT "GROW UP!!!" Having said that.....  no offense!  I'm sure you are simply venting like the rest of us!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

In essence you are venting about something you have no personal knowledge about. How can you say that he clearly has a lousy work habit? How much time do you spend with Beckett each day and what proof do you have to back up your claim. This statement was pushed by the media and is being used by many like yourself as a tool to push what you believe on others. My venting is the product of all these unfounded claims. Produce your evidence and prove me wrong!

As far as Beckets attitude, I would be the same way if everyone who wanted to interview me was prosecuting me in public. Best defense is to avoid them. If you truly follow the team and root got them through thick and thin then you should be able to see through the media’s sensationalist attitude towards Becket and the underachievers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I believe the media created a lot of the resentment and hatred that went into the booing of Beckett last night.  At the same time, the media do this because it gets them ratings (and keeps them working).  So it is a two-way feeding frenzy.  Mob mentality at work.  But regardless of whether you think you are entitled to criticize and boo, and for whatever your reasons, I ask this:  Would you want to play in Boston for the Red Sox?  Personally, I believe it is the job of a fan to root for their team and cheer them on to do and be the best they can. 

If you cannot do that, stay home and watch it on TV.  Throw whatever you want at your TV, verbally or materially. If you are that unhappy with what you see, the best thing to do is NOT buy the hats/shirts/paraphernalia, NOT buy the tickets and NOT buy the concessions.  Ownership will understand that.

Sections
Shortcuts