The Melk Man has become the Juice Man!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

The Melk Man has become the Juice Man!

Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug, reports ESPN's Jorge Arangure (on Twitter). MLB has confirmed both the suspension and that substance was testosterone. The suspension takes effect immediately and will cost him the rest of the season.

"My positive test was the result of my use of a substance I should not have used," said Cabrera through a statement, courtesy of Hank Schulman of The San Francisco Chronicle (on Sulia). "I accept my suspension under the Joint Drug Program and will try to move on with my life. I am deeply sorry for my mistake and I apologize to my teammates, to the San Francisco Giants organization and to the fans for letting them down." 

Cabrera, 28, was in the middle of a breakout season and is scheduled to hit free agency this coming winter. Both Melky and the team recently agreed to put contract extension talks on hold. Cabrera hit .346/.390/.516 with 11 homers in 501 plate appearances during his first season in San Francisco, earning him his first All-Star Game nomination.

Ryan Braun was suspended for a failed PED test this past offseason but successfully appealed and did not miss any games. Cabrera will not do the same based on his statement. He was set to hit the open market as one of the most coveted free agents available due to his age and production, but the suspension will surely impact his next contract, perhaps in a real big way.

Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com confirmed that Cabrera will be eligible to play in the postseason once his suspension is over (Twitter link). He would have to miss his team's first four games, however. The Giants are currently tied atop the NL West with the Giants at 64-53.

Hahahahah Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: The Melk Man has become the Juice Man!

Reason #1,794 the 'Winning the All-star game gives you home field in the World Series' rule is stupid.

Turns out the All-star MVP was a Juicer but the NL still has home field..... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SELIG!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Just another example of why "this Bud's not for you" - an idiotic idea from the beginning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

anyone still against testing? melkman was once the norm. tons of melks.. contract year, they go from jambronis to lambroghnis over night. like where the heck did this melky come from? no way it was incidental or accidental. unlike braun whose performance hasnt slacked at all, no way melk is going to  ever approach these JUICED numbers.. what is it about these dominicans anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Talk about hijacking a thread. I thought that the thread was about Melky and not World Series advantage  or Bud Selig? How was Bud to have predicted this? The stupidity on this forum is astonishing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Until his recent slump, Braun has put up number equal to or better than his MVP season.
    That's without Priince Fielder hitting behind him.
    I think Ryan Braun made his point, that he wasn't guilty of PEDs, on the field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

stupid, stupid , stupid....players just continue to thumb their noses at MLB with impugnity(sp)... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

One comment. Many of you will think it's racist but it is not intended that way. Steroids are legal in the DR. Most of the recent suspensions have involved Dominican players. It's been happening over and over for years. Yet people still don't see the data or give credence to it. If you are a Dominican player, you are more likely to be a PED user. Unfortunate for the many clean Dominican players but true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

It's not like this was a surprise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Eno Sarris showed us power peaks at 24 to 25 yo.  http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/hitters-age-like-wine-power-like-cheese/

Melky  SLG%:

07       .391
    08       .341
    09       .416     24 / 25yo
    10      .354
    11      .470
    12      .516    27/28 yo  FA contract year!

Melky SLG%

minors     .420
    majors     .414

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: The Melk Man has become the Juice Man!:
    Talk about hijacking a thread. I thought that the thread was about Melky and not World Series advantage  or Bud Selig? How was Bud to have predicted this? The stupidity on this forum is astonishing.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Hijacking?  There is a direct correlation when the the All-star game MVP is found to be a cheater. 

Bud didn't need to predict this, it is just another example in the endless list of potential pitfalls in the moronic all star game rule.  The fact that he couldn't predict it is really part of the problem.

"Home field to the team that wins the allstar game!"
    "The MVP was on steroids."
    "Oops, didn't think of that"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Remember when...

One of softy's first trade Jake posts was a suggestion to trade him for Melky.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts