The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga

Fails a drug test in the spring.

Handlers purchase an existing web site, then phonies it up as a site that sells nonexistent nutritional supplements. Plot has legality implications.

Claims he did not know what he was taking, and files a grievance with MLB.

Thanks to MLB investigators, ruse fails; he drops grieveance, accepts suspension, but never addresses or apologies to teammates before leaving

And to think; he’s on my fantasy team..

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga

In Response to Re: The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga:
    I like the way AGon just admitted that he used steroids but not since joining the Yankees I like the way Tiger Woods said "Dr. Galea just worked for me and didn't inject me with HGH cocktail using the modus that his fellow criminally convicted drug dealer assistant described the HGH cocktail blood spinning that Tiger and A-Rod paid for.
    Posted by TrotterNixon
    doesn't AG play for the Sox?...Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga:
    Fails a drug test in the spring.   Handlers purchase an existing web site, then phonies it up as a site that sells nonexistent nutritional supplements. Plot has legality implications.   Claims he did not know what he was taking, and files a grievance with MLB.   Thanks to MLB investigators, ruse fails; he drops grieveance, accepts suspension, but never addresses or apologies to teammates before leaving     And to think; he’s on my fantasy team..
    Posted by nhsteven

And to think, I gave him credit for admitting it.

FBI is looking into it, also. Charges may be pending. Talk about adding insult to injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Mike Madden, a sportswriter for the Daily News since the Bronx Zoo days, claims it's the most damning story he ever saw. What I gave was just a superficial description.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Maybe he thought SF fans would stand behind him since they stood behind Barry to the bitter end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Mike Madden, a sportswriter for the Daily News since the Bronx Zoo days, claims it's the most damning story he ever saw. What I gave was just a superficial description.
    Posted by nhsteven

A case of the cover up, being worse than the crime. Same with Ryan Braun.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

I like the way ARod just admitted that he used steroids but not since joining the Yankees I like the way Tiger Woods said "Dr. Galea just worked for me and didn't inject me with HGH cocktail using the modus that his fellow criminally convicted drug dealer assistant described the HGH cocktail blood spinning that Tiger and A-Rod paid for.
    Posted by TrotterNixon
    Trotter, i knew you meant Alex, was just bustin....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga : A case of the cover up, being worse than the crime. Same with Ryan Braun.
    Posted by J-BAY

It was the same type of failed result, i.e, spiked testosterone level. And it galls me that, apparently, Braun has gotten away with it; I don't even think he gets heckled by fans. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga : It was the same type of failed result, i.e, spiked testosterone level. And it galls me that, apparently, Braun has gotten away with it; I don't even think he gets heckled by fans. 
    Posted by nhsteven

I heard that, too. Brauns were so far off the charts, it was ridiculous. I have no respect for him. Cheating is one thing, to lie is another. to lie and blame an innocent party, is something different altogether. Don't follow the NL too closely, but he did get heckled and booed, at the beginning of the season. I think the fact he's put up consistent numbers this years, has helped lessen it. He may have gotten away without a suspension and loss of salary, but not in court of public opinion. A poll said 90% considered him a cheat. The10% differential must be Brewers fans;)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Trotter, i knew you meant Alex, was just bustin.... Jeter, you are a good man. And, as soon as the great team leader Jeter goes, the Yankees will be as bad as the Red Sox are with union mob boss, Beckett.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Jeter's not perfect. Who could forget:

The BABE gift package deja vu 
    The tax thing
    The 3,000 hit ball
    The Bob Sheppard funeral
    The vacation spent with Minka during the 2011 AS Break

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to The Melky Cabrera Cheating Saga : And to think, I gave him credit for admitting it. FBI is looking into it, also. Charges may be pending. Talk about adding insult to injury.
    Posted by J-BAY

I did too JBay.  I was thinking, well at least he owned up to his mistake and didn't try to weasel out of it like most players who have been caught did.

Boy was I wrong on that one.

Sections
Shortcuts