The Most Embarrassing Red Sox Game in My Lifetime

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: The Most Embarrassing Red Sox Game in My Lifetime

2. Shut down by Chris Davis, 1B/3B

There is the problem! Need a replacement for what Manny used to bring to the table.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gideon51. Show Gideon51's posts

In Response to Re: The Most Embarrassing Red Sox Game in My Lifetime:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: The Most Embarrassing Red Sox Game in My Lifetime": A fair point. However, it took two great throws, delivered without pause, to get him.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Forget what it took to get him, he was still out by 10ft! Close game, a position player on the mound and one of your hottest lefties due up, you hold him...period. That, more than having Darnell McDonald pitch, is what cost the Sox this game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming MacD.  But it would have been nice for the pitching coach to go out there and give him some advice.  I really don't think it would have been that hard to keep the ball down in the zone.  At least TRY.  Because what I saw was a team who had really just conceded the game.  83 MPH, straight - maybe you can get away with it but up in the zone and any ML league hitter is going to hit you hard, let alone Adam Jones........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Most Embarrassing Red Sox Game in My Lifetime : Forget what it took to get him, he was still out by 10ft! Close game, a position player on the mound and one of your hottest lefties due up, you hold him...period. That, more than having Darnell McDonald pitch, is what cost the Sox this game.
    Posted by Gideon51[/QUOTE]

a valid point for sure

Jones and Hardy both have strong accurate arms.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Anyways, I know the scorekeepers have discrection when handing out W's and L's.....I'd like to see Buch get the "L" as he really lost the game for us......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

actually there is no discretion involved on losses, and the only time there is discretion on a victory for a pitcher is when a starting pitcher is relieved prior to finishing 5 innings and then it's the most effective reliever who can be given a victory if the team maintains the lead from that point on. All other win or losses are not a scorekeeper's discretion, they are clear-cut...continue your imbecilic posts, andrew. I'm surprised you've dumbed yourself down here on this forum. You're a lot better than that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]There's way too much crying on another of ADG's threads. This team could have lost in any of those innings, but the bullpen kept it close. Why not look on the bright side? A grand slam from the rookie. Could he have been under more pressure than that? That was amazing. That was a hard fought game. It's crushing to lose at the end, but they stayed in it. A home run off of MacDonald...does that really mean anything? And trade Aceves? After losing Papelbon and having him do such a great job? I'd drag him back myself.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Really kim? A hard fought game? A home run off of MacDonald?

What about:
    1. Your $20M per year 1B going 0 for 8, striking out on 3 pitches against a position player.
    2. Clay Buchholz putting your team in this position with an outing worth of demotion.
    3. A bench of MacDonald, Punto and Shoppach.

Look at tonight's lineup:
    Ross hitting 4th.
    MacDonald, Byrd and Shoppach hitting 7th, 8th and 9th.

Don't provide this forum with "look on the bright side" stuff. The Red Sox are currently one of the worst teams in baseball, 29/30th in pitching.

In addition, they are saddled with contracts such as Crawford, Lackey, Gonzalez, Beckett and possibly Buchholz which are going to cramp this teams ability for years to come.