The new curse begins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArkaSox. Show ArkaSox's posts

Re: The new curse begins

The Red Sox trade 4 players to the LA Dodgers and not only are we not going to see another World Series in are lifetime, the Dodgers are secretly own by a Mexican drug cartel…..WOW!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: The new curse begins:
    [QUOTE]The Red Sox trade 4 players to the LA Dodgers and not only are we not going to see another World Series in are lifetime, the Dodgers are secretly own by a Mexican drug cartel….. WOW!
    Posted by ArkaSox[/QUOTE]

Just part of the fun around here. The crazier you are, the wackier your posts, the more love and respect you will receive.

Come on in... the water's fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The new curse begins : Just part of the fun around here. The crazier you are, the wackier your posts, the more love and respect you will receive. Come on in... the water's fine.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

The squeeky wheel Antibody.  I don't know about love and respect though.  Just attention.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The new curse begins : The squeeky wheel Antibody.  I don't know about love and respect though.  Just attention.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm, Space. My mistake is that sometimes it's too heavily veiled.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

enough of this curse nonsense.  it's ovah!  OVAH. x 2. 
    gee, so am i going to start hearing "2007" chants in yankee stadium now???
    sigh.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]The Curse of Sweet Caroline?

speaking of...Penn State will no longer be playing this song at their home games.  but i guarantee you they will hear plenty of it on road games.
    "TOUCHING ME, TOUCHING YOU".....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The new curse begins : Sarcasm, Space. My mistake is that sometimes it's too heavily veiled.

No, that one is on me anti.  I should be able to pick up any sarcasm, even if it is behind a burka.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OP is absolute nonsense.  What we were pretty sure of was that the team assembled by Theo was unlikely to win another WS.   So Ben C and the head shed decided to start over by getting rid of a lot of salary.

Absolutely no guarantee this move and subsequent ones will win a WS, but I like the basic idea of getting rid of those guys even though AGon was my favorite Sox.  Bottom line:  the pitching stinks and needs to get fixed. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The new curse begins : No, that one is on me anti.  I should be able to pick up any sarcasm, even if it is behind a burka.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

No worries. Maybe sarcasm's the wrong word for it. I know a lot of folks don't get my sense of humor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to The new curse begins:
    [QUOTE]This deal is right up there with selling Ruth to NY. We will not see another WC in this lifetime.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Lighten up friend.  I think you have been hit hard by this trade but try to see the glass half full. 

The guys the sox traded helped to put the team 13 games in the hole.  It's not as if these guys brought the sox to win a few WS rings.  These guys didn't even help the sox make it to the post season.  I don't think things are as bleak as you think.

I hope by eliminating some of the drama and dead wood like Beckett the sox will be able to regroup next year to give us a more exciting season. They might not make it to the WS but I think they may be competitive and as a fan that's all you can ask for.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]This deal is right up there with selling Ruth to NY. We will not see another WC in this lifetime.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]Please, have a clue. That team as constructed was going nowhere. Now at least there is hope for a better tomorrow. You lost any and all credibility when you wanted us all to suffer though another season watching Wakefield getting blasted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The new curse begins : Please, have a clue. That team as constructed was going nowhere. Now at least there is hope for a better tomorrow. You lost any and all credibility when you wanted us all to suffer though another season watching Wakefield getting blasted.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Based on what? Based on the fact that the Red Sox were doing great with those guys? Beckett stinks and Crawford has stunk and wouldn't be available until June.

If you need a towel for your tears, look around.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, this may turn out to be a good thing because RS fans can go back to having their hearts broken, and hoping for a miracle. There was nothing to look forward to after we won in 04, and 07 was just an exclamation point. Red Sox fans used to thrive on misery. They can once again.

And 2011 and 2012 were working great?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I lost a ton of respect for Alibike from this post, he's clearly a very confused individual. 

Ali, surely you weren't equating Agon with Babe Ruth? I know Beckett isn't Cy Young and Crawford isn't Ty Cobb. 

This will go down as one of the greatest trades in Red Sox history, and that's without seeing how the talent pans out and what they do with the money saved.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I lost a ton of respect for Alibike from this post, he's clearly a very confused individual. 

Ali, surely you weren't equating Agon with Babe Ruth? I know Beckett isn't Cy Young and Crawford isn't Ty Cobb. 

This will go down as one of the greatest trades in Red Sox history, and that's without seeing how the talent pans out and what they do with the money saved.

I'm crushed! My sole purpose for posting here is to garner favor from you? Ha!

No, I don't equate Ruth with Agon, you miss the whole point which was the saving of payroll, and sacrificing our best player just to get rid of Crawford's contract. Anyone who things this was a good move is either getting a kickback or is delusional. I choose the latter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I'm crushed! My sole purpose for posting here is to garner favor from you? Ha!

No, I don't equate Ruth with Agon, you miss the whole point which was the saving of payroll, and sacrificing our best player just to get rid of Crawford's contract. Anyone who things this was a good move is either getting a kickback or is delusional. I choose the latter.

[/QUOTE]Everyone who has responded to this thread has basically said you are full of it. In Maine we have a saying, if I meet one jerk in a day, they're probably a jerk. If everyone I meet is a jerk, then who's the jerk really?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Love that Downeast Wisdom, carnie.

Always maintain your sense of humor my friend. :)

Sections
Shortcuts