The New Miami Marlins Uniforms

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: The New Miami Marlins Uniforms

In Response to Re: The New Miami Marlins Uniforms:
    [QUOTE]I liked their old logo.... this is not appealing to me if I am a free agent  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

If I am a FA the only thing that appeals to me is money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think you will see Miami do the smart thing and target Latin American/Caribbean players. If they can stay competitive it will be an easy sell to the Latin's that they can fly home on the private jet in a little over an hour... they will eat it up. The more the Cuban embargo flakes away the more Cubanized the team will become, as I already suspect a team will be put in Havana in our lifetime. 

I can see the Marlins doing quite well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

n Response to The New Miami Marlins Uniforms:
    [QUOTE]They make the announcement tonight at 8:00 PM, based on the link and pics below, it looks to me like they tried fairly hard to look like the University of Miami. So what do you think? http://tampabay.sbnation.com/florida-marlins/2011/11/11/2554246/miami-marlins-new-uniforms-logo-unveiling
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Looks like gay-pride hats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Only hank could make this a political issue.

I like the new logo.  The design is clean and gets its point across.  The colors are very much reflective of the area and the population.  The unis are no more drastic than the many combinations of Sox uniforms, some of which I find less attractive than others.

In the end, though, who cares.  I won't be watching them play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

hank didn't make it a political issue, another poster injected class identity politics and markets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Those colors were taken right off a float in the Gay Pride Parade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the whites look alot like the Canes' home unis...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to The New Miami Marlins Uniforms : Looks like gay-pride hats.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

And you know this because.......?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]hank didn't make it a political issue, another poster injected class identity politics and markets.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

I was pointing out the obvious... Latino's will be very close to home, in weather they prefer, in a city that is filled with Latino's, in a brand new stadium.... why wouldn't that be appealing to Latino's? 

Any different than when we talk about so-and-so preferring to play here as they are from New England, or a Texan pitcher wanting to play close to home in Houston? Or a Japanese player maybe preferring the West Coast, or..... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE] Dunkin' Donuts probably spends more on advertising than the Miami Marlins spend on payroll. The hat is ugly, but who cares? No one goes to see them anyway. What's with these Florida teams anyway? Always changing names, Devil Rays, now Rays, Florida Marlins , now Miami Marlins.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Spot on, Zill.

One must remember they play near South Beach, in the historic (and brightly colored) glow of Carribean architecture and taste, so this is sure an attempt to reach those groups.

Thing is it reminds me of caps we had in the early and mid '70s while I was still in HS/college and the BeeGees stormed into disco ....

Hot then ... so poorly retro now

And still looks glitzy cheap.  Not gltizy chic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I actually though you were making a humorous contection to the Marlins talking to Albert Pujols ....

then the team colors would have been GREEN!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from robbosox. Show robbosox's posts

Man, you know it is tough times for Bosox fans when we worry about a uniform from another team..But, I guess it beats talk of melt downs, chicken, and beer..Hey, at least we are not Penn State fans......For the record, the Marlins new logo looks bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Interesting choice of rainbow for your team colors. But who am I to judge? With Ozzie as their new manager, I think they have a lot more things to worry about. JMO

And to borrow a line from Seinfeld about cleaning blood stained clothing, "I don't think laundry is your biggest problem."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

There was a time that a rainbow stood for an apology from God to never loose complete faith in man again ... a promise to never do it again.

While there are thousands of gods worldwide - over 3000 among the Hindu alone - I am speaking of Yahweh ...

Since we already had politics and life style brought up, I thought I'd inject that other taboo subject.

Not the Jangees, but religion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like them.

The alternates do look rather oriole-like, and I don't really understand the yellow brim at all.

But the home/road uniforms are fine. I like the hats, I'm glad they kept their baby-blue in some form.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Plug ugly.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Their fans won't think so......if they win!