The New Mr. Whiff!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: The New Mr. Whiff!

Lets not forget Bellsbury, and his Ks and 5 LOBs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

i don't care if he's mediocre or bad or good ... in that bases loaded situation, Logan on the hill, you HAVE to take a strike there.  you canNOT swing at 3 sliders out of the zone.  you take a strike there you keep the guy honest.  maybe 20% of the time he walks you, you have a run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: The New Mr. Whiff!:
    [QUOTE]i don't care if he's mediocre or bad or good ... in that bases loaded situation, Logan on the hill, you HAVE to take a strike there.  you canNOT swing at 3 sliders out of the zone.  you take a strike there you keep the guy honest.  maybe 20% of the time he walks you, you have a run.
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]
    I like salty....but I was screaming that at the TV last night....really good point, hopefully he gets betterr at that with experience.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

He takes a big swing he strikes out a lot, but he is also the best catcher in baseball at hitting extra base hits.

Considering the cost, looks like a great trade so far.

2011 Catchers
    PA / extra base hit:
    1. Salty      317 / 35  =  9.1
    2. Avila      454 / 47  =  9.7
    3. Montero  459 / 44 =  10.4
    4  Santana  538 / 50  =  10.8

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to The New Mr. Whiff!:
    [QUOTE]For a long time JD Drew held that distinction but now we have a new leader, Saltalamacchia. In 316 PAs, he has struck out 92 times, that's once every 3.4 PAs. By comparison, Agon leads the team with 96 Ks in 601 PAs, a rate of once every 6.3 PAs. He left 7 guys on last night and his failure to put the ball in play at crucial times is rediculous. If he was hitting .275, we could probably overlook his flailing at the plate (and behind it as well; 18th PB). I'm sorry, but this guy is just a medicore player at best.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia is 26 years old.

Adrian Gonzalez struck out 142 times in his age 26 season.

I'm not sure that means much at all ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

speaking of wiffs, I hate to give any credit ti a yankee, but David Robinson has faced 16 batters with the bases loaded this year and he has struck out 13 of them.  He has given up 1 hit in 16 at bats.  remarkable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]speaking of wiffs, I hate to give any credit ti a yankee, but David Robinson has faced 16 batters with the bases loaded this year and he has struck out 13 of them.  He has given up 1 hit in 16 at bats.  remarkable.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

Especially when you consider his stint in the navy and long NBA career.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

exactly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The New Mr. Whiff! : hey john, do the SOX have a choice? btw, i do believe they shot the wrong beatle. YESTERDAY anyone?
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

"shot the wrong Beatle?"

Why would anyone but a nutcase want to shoot any of them?