The New "Yaz"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

The New "Yaz"

One of ESPN's so-called gurus has likened this Bradley kid to Derek Jeter! He does take into consideration that Bradley plays the outfield and bats lefty. If this guru had been around a lttle longer, he might have remembered Carl Yastrzemski!

Now, there's a match!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: The New

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

One of ESPN's so-called gurus has likened this Bradley kid to Derek Jeter! He does take into consideration that Bradley plays the outfield and bats lefty. If this guru had been around a lttle longer, he might have remembered Carl Yastrzemski!

Now, there's a match!

Well, I'm going to go with another lefty who also played the outfield, centerfield no less, was fast as lightning and electric as a youngster ... Freddy Lynn!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Now, there's a match!

how does this comment from buster deserve a slap

“He is a blessing for the Red Sox, in terms that they have this type of player with this type of personality at the beginning of the year,” Olney said. “He’s so mature. He looks like he’s going to be their version of Derek Jeter, he really does. I don’t mean as a player — I mean in terms of being able to handle things when he gets up.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Now, there's a match!

Well, I'm going to go with another lefty who also played the outfield, centerfield no less, was fast as lightning and electric as a youngster ... Freddy Lynn!  

Outstanding Spaceman.......  "THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS, WE THOUGHT THEY WOULD NEVER END"  !!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Naw, he's definitely a Kirby. Short and somewhat squat with a great positive attitude and solid ability to hit and defend. If we can keep him under 240 lb we have a pocket Kirby Puckett.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Now, there's a match!

how does this comment from buster deserve a slap

“He is a blessing for the Red Sox, in terms that they have this type of player with this type of personality at the beginning of the year,” Olney said. “He’s so mature. He looks like he’s going to be their version of Derek Jeter, he really does. I don’t mean as a player — I mean in terms of being able to handle things when he gets up.”

I think thats quite a compliment made by Buster. He wasnt comparing the type of player, but the personality that most baseball fans respect. Pretty cool thing to say IMO.

If you were to compare JBJ to former sox players, Id go with spacemans choice, Freddy Lynn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Crazy talk.  We just need a solid player who can contribute at bat and in the field.  If his remarkable ST stats only level off slightly to, say, an OPS of .800 or more, he will have made remarkable jump from AA.  If he starts in LF on opening day, he will be a real contrast to Gomes, who looks and fields like a DH. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Now, there's a match!

Outstanding Spaceman.......  "THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS, WE THOUGHT THEY WOULD NEVER END"  !!!!

Huh??  They never won a WS.....they gave us a ton of heart  breaks and the 'days' you refer of did not last long at all.  Did you even watch them back then?  Give me the 2002 - 2008 Sox teams ANYDAY.  THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The kid is already going to have enough pressure.  Let's not annoint him the next Jeter or Yaz just yet.....2 of the best players of their generation.  We have a prospect that has looked very solid this Spring.  He has been an OB machine and could develop into something special.  The best part about the kid is everything from his neck up.  If Bard had the same brain maybe we would be talking about a lights out closer right now......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

The kid is already going to have enough pressure.  Let's not annoint him the next Jeter or Yaz just yet.....2 of the best players of their generation.  We have a prospect that has looked very solid this Spring.  He has been an OB machine and could develop into something special.  The best part about the kid is everything from his neck up.  If Bard had the same brain maybe we would be talking about a lights out closer right now......

I dont think were doing that..Well, at least Im not. Just comparing his skill set.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I dont think were doing that..Well, at least Im not. Just comparing his skill set.

Yeah I hear ya. Maybe I over-reacted a bit!  This kid has just been talked about so much by every facet of the boston market...and now he's being talked about a ton on the national market that I just get nervouse we might be jinxing him! HA!  Let's face it....it's not every day a young upstart fights so hard in one of the top 3 media markets for baseball that he will beat out a bunch a veterans to play the most famous left fields in sports.  It's a great story!..................I just hope he makes the team.....it could be a PR disaster but more importanlty weaken the team.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yeah I hear ya. Maybe I over-reacted a bit!  This kid has just been talked about so much by every facet of the boston market...and now he's being talked about a ton on the national market that I just get nervouse we might be jinxing him! HA!  Let's face it....it's not every day a young upstart fights so hard in one of the top 3 media markets for baseball that he will beat out a bunch a veterans to play the most famous left fields in sports.  It's a great story!..................I just hope he makes the team.....it could be a PR disaster but more importanlty weaken the team.... 

One thing about this kid is he doesnt seem to put any expectations on himself. He just goes out and plays the game. He certainly has a good head on his shoulders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

One thing about this kid is he doesnt seem to put any expectations on himself. He just goes out and plays the game. He certainly has a good head on his shoulders.

Which is where the Derek Jeter comparison came from IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

The best part about the kid is everything from his neck up.

He certainly has a good head on his shoulders.

exactly carnie

so what do you think

does  jr make the team or not

not should he but does he

could be announced today

as if they haven't already made their decision

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The best part about the kid is everything from his neck up.

He certainly has a good head on his shoulders.

exactly carnie

so what do you think

does  jr make the team or not

not should he but does he

could be announced today

as if they haven't already made their decision

I think he does. With Papi on the DL the decision is really between JBJ and Sweeney, which should be a no brainer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I think he does. With Papi on the DL the decision is really between JBJ and Sweeney, which should be a no brainer.

I agree

a friend suggested they give lav a shot at DH to show what he can do

guys like Sweeney bother me

big yet no power

chris chamblis bothered me the same way

but then ended up hitting one of the biggest longballs in nyy history

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I agree

a friend suggested they give lav a shot at DH to show what he can do

guys like Sweeney bother me

big yet no power

chris chamblis bothered me the same way

but then ended up hitting one of the biggest longballs in nyy history

I always wished Chambliss played for the Sox. LOL

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Curt Schilling thinks Bradley should spend at least a month in the minors.  Bradley must be a democrat.

OK, that was funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Curt Schilling thinks Bradley should spend at least a month in the minors.  Bradley must be a democrat.

He probably will though.  Gotta figure the Sox brass will send him down when Ortiz comes back to start with the '20 day thing'. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Huh??  They never won a WS.....they gave us a ton of heart  breaks and the 'days' you refer of did not last long at all.  Did you even watch them back then?  Give me the 2002 - 2008 Sox teams ANYDAY.  THOSE WERE THE DAYS!![/QUOTE]

is not always about winning a WS althoughit helps. Back in 67 we had no hope then by the AS break we had hope. From then on every yar we had hope some more than others.
     Prior to 67 they were lucky for many years to crack 80  wins after that yr 80 became the lower of the amount of wins.

BTW enjoying the season as a whole can be as good as winning a WS. 2003 was disapointing at the end but was a great season overall

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Now, there's a match!

Bradley isnt fast as lightning though.  I feel like we can do better on the comparison.

Sections
Shortcuts