The next 11 games won't be a walk in the park

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

The next 11 games won't be a walk in the park

Just like the road trip we had was not suppose to be hopefully we can come out with only one loss again ;)

You know a road trip is going to be difficult when you face three division rivals in a row. However, a lot is going against the Sox at home and on the road in the next 12 games.

What we're up against:
    • We will have to play a series without Papelbon - As much as people call for his head, and to give Bard the role, we're more likely to win a series WITH Papelbon strengthening the pen then without him. If I was Papelbon and a decision hasn't been made by major league baseball by the Pirates series, I would serve my suspension right then and there, as they'll be the easiest team we face imo.
    • Lowrie is injured - Betterred can jump for joy, because this is probably the least damaging on this list. Lowrie has obviously been injured, so his production has been nil because of that. With Scutaro on the team and Sutton returning, I feel like this injure is easily overcome. If you had told me Lowrie would be out like this a month ago, I'd be worried. But after a month of injury dampened non-production from Lowrie we'll be fine. Get better Lowrie!
    • We face Philidelphia - That counts as something going against us. While the Yanks face the Mets, we get to face Philly the best team in the NL. Reallignment please?
    • Buchholz and Miller - Buch's back has been bothering him and if I know this organization, they'll be on the weary side. That means Miller will have to be counted on if we want to be able to keep Aceves in the pen, and Miller is a completely unknown quantity at this point.
    • Opponent Starting Pitching - We face Marcum - BEATEN, Latos, Cliff Lee, and I'm hearing the Phils are adjusting the rotation so we run into Halladay. Perfect.

Brightside: For 3 games we face the Pirates. GO SOX!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: The next 12 games won't be a walk in the park

In Response to Re: The next 12 games won't be a walk in the park:
    [QUOTE]Aren't the Pirates a couple of games over .500, and didn't they just sweep the Phillies a couple of weeks ago.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    To me, they'll always be the Pirates. Pft. Facts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to The next 12 games won't be a walk in the park:
    [QUOTE]Just like the road trip we had was not suppose to be hopefully we can come out with only one loss again ;) You know a road trip is going to be difficult when you face three division rivals in a row. However, a lot is going against the Sox at home and on the road in the next 12 games. What we're up against: We will have to play a series without Papelbon - As much as people call for his head, and to give Bard the role, we're more likely to win a series WITH Papelbon strengthening the pen then without him. If I was Papelbon and a decision hasn't been made by major league baseball by the Pirates series, I would serve my suspension right then and there, as they'll be the easiest team we face imo. Lowrie is injured - Betterred can jump for joy, because this is probably the least damaging on this list. Lowrie has obviously been injured, so his production has been nil because of that. With Scutaro on the team and Sutton returning, I feel like this injure is easily overcome. If you had told me Lowrie would be out like this a month ago, I'd be worried. But after a month of injury dampened non-production from Lowrie we'll be fine. Get better Lowrie! We face Philidelphia - That counts as something going against us. While the Yanks face the Mets, we get to face Philly the best team in the NL. Reallignment please? Buchholz and Miller - Buch's back has been bothering him and if I know this organization, they'll be on the weary side. That means Miller will have to be counted on if we want to be able to keep Aceves in the pen, and Miller is a completely unknown quantity at this point. Opponent Starting Pitching - We face Marcum, Latos, Cliff Lee, and I'm hearing the Phils are adjusting the rotation so we run into Halladay. Perfect. Brightside: For 3 games we face the Pirates. GO SOX!
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Lets take one series at a time.  The Brewers are not that great a team on the road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The next 12 games won't be a walk in the park : To me, they'll always be the Pirates. Pft. Facts.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Get with the program NU.  The Pirates are the "feel good story of the year"!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Just looked up some NL stats, the Mets aren't in last? What the hell has been going on over there in that crazy league? The Mets are suppose to be terrible, the Pirates are suppose to be the worst, and St. Louis is suppose to win the central. This isn't my baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I think I'm gonna simply enjoy watching Lackey take the hill tonight against the brewskies at fenway. one game at a time. yeah, that's the ticket....one game at a time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Aren't the Pirates a couple of games over .500, and didn't they just sweep the Phillies a couple of weeks ago.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    I prefer to think of them as only 3 games out of first.  I don't know why I do it but I like to root for the underdogs when it comes to other divisions.  Go Pirates!!! Go KC!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Any team can win on any day in any sport...Weve beat Halladay and Lee..I love a good test for the team against some great pitching..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'm too lazy too look it up but didn't the Sox sweep the Phillies last year?

The Sox have worn down a lot of good pitchers this year, so we'll see. And the Sox have killed NL teams in recent years too.

There's not reason to be cocky, but the Sox have every reason to be confident.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

WHAT , ME WORRY?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]I'm too lazy too look it up but didn't the Sox sweep the Phillies last year? The Sox have worn down a lot of good pitchers this year, so we'll see. And the Sox have killed NL teams in recent years too. There's not reason to be cocky, but the Sox have every reason to be confident.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

nope, lost the opener, took games 2 and 3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Let's just take it 1 game at a time....

1-0

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Time to change the thread's title to:  The next 11 games...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to The next 12 games won't be a walk in the park:
    [QUOTE]Just like the road trip we had was not suppose to be hopefully we can come out with only one loss again ;) You know a road trip is going to be difficult when you face three division rivals in a row. However, a lot is going against the Sox at home and on the road in the next 12 games. What we're up against: We will have to play a series without Papelbon - As much as people call for his head, and to give Bard the role, we're more likely to win a series WITH Papelbon strengthening the pen then without him. If I was Papelbon and a decision hasn't been made by major league baseball by the Pirates series, I would serve my suspension right then and there, as they'll be the easiest team we face imo. Lowrie is injured - Betterred can jump for joy, because this is probably the least damaging on this list. Lowrie has obviously been injured, so his production has been nil because of that. With Scutaro on the team and Sutton returning, I feel like this injure is easily overcome. If you had told me Lowrie would be out like this a month ago, I'd be worried. But after a month of injury dampened non-production from Lowrie we'll be fine. Get better Lowrie! We face Philidelphia - That counts as something going against us. While the Yanks face the Mets, we get to face Philly the best team in the NL. Reallignment please? Buchholz and Miller - Buch's back has been bothering him and if I know this organization, they'll be on the weary side. That means Miller will have to be counted on if we want to be able to keep Aceves in the pen, and Miller is a completely unknown quantity at this point. Opponent Starting Pitching - We face Marcum, Latos, Cliff Lee, and I'm hearing the Phils are adjusting the rotation so we run into Halladay. Perfect. Brightside: For 3 games we face the Pirates. GO SOX!
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]YOUR RIGHT, BASEBALL IS NOT A "WALK IN THE PAAAAK" !!   HOWEVER, IF WE PLAY SMART WE CAN BEAT ANYONE OUT THERE THIS YEAR !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The Sox are playing pretty good ball, though the injury bug is begining to nibble on them (Crawford?)...from this point forward the goal is to win series, stay healthy for the stretch run...

That said the next 15aren't exactly against the wood of the NL 9-6 or 10-5 would be respectable...We've got 6 at home (Brewers & Padres) and then 9 on the road (Pirates, Phil's and Stros)...the 9 raod games will be interesting, wonder if Papi still has a first basemans mitt?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox are playing pretty good ball, though the injury bug is begining to nibble on them (Crawford?)...from this point forward the goal is to win series, stay healthy for the stretch run... That said the next 15aren't exactly against the wood of the NL 9-6 or 10-5 would be respectable...We've got 6 at home (Brewers & Padres) and then 9 on the road (Pirates, Phil's and Stros)...the 9 raod games will be interesting, wonder if Papi still has a first basemans mitt?
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope not!  No need to take out AGon against pitchers he actually knows.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: The next 11 games won't be a walk in the park

Well, if he has a history of struggling vs one, it would be nice to let Papi play a game or two.

Sections
Shortcuts