The next manager should be.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maynard5. Show Maynard5's posts

Re: The next manager should be.......

Jason Varitek should be considered a bench coach if hes doesnt come back to play for us or anybody and someday be the man

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: The next manager should be.......:
    [QUOTE]Ryan Sandberg... end of discussion
    Posted by maxnsl[/QUOTE]
    Resuming discussion: Why?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Jason Varitek should be considered a bench coach if hes doesnt come back to play for us or anybody and someday be the man
    Posted by Maynard5[/QUOTE]
    Truthfully , I don't even understand the value of a bench coach. What exactly are the duties? To me , it just seems like just more overhead on the payroll.  Hale was a very good third base coach. What did he do as bench coach?  Meanwhile , Bogar did a terrible job as third base coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

All I know is that they need a butt-kicker with experience.  Someone who can tell the so-called superstars what to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Jim Riggleman?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

DeMarlo Hale.He knows the players,the press,front office and what's expected in Boston.He also knows who was causing problems in the clubhouse and who he can count on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The next manager should be....... : Truthfully , I don't even understand the value of a bench coach. What exactly are the duties? To me , it just seems like just more overhead on the payroll.  Hale was a very good third base coach. What did he do as bench coach?  Meanwhile , Bogar did a terrible job as third base coach.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

a case could be made that loosing bench coach Brad Mills 2 yrs ago 

was a big factor this yr,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]All I know is that they need a butt-kicker with experience.  Someone who can tell the so-called superstars what to do.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Larry Bowa

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Jason Varitek

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Curt Young. He has a glowing resume.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Gabe Kapler

Former Sox player, minor league coach and Joe Maddon disciple...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from copyul8. Show copyul8's posts

Brian Daubach

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Long as everyone is just being glib, Theo Epstein. He put the group together and he should make it work now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I want to change my answer.

I want to see BOSOX1941 manage this team.  He's been claiming to be an expert on how to manage for several years now.  Here is his opportunity to prove himself...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

No big name from the past, someone hungry to win, with character and day to day strategic savvy... i would propose 2 top prospects for Showalter... It has been done before...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I want to change my answer. I want to see BOSOX1941 manage this team.  He's been claiming to be an expert on how to manage for several years now.  Here is his opportunity to prove himself...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]Failing him, there's always J. Fred Muggs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

In Response to The next manager should be.......:
    [QUOTE].............Joe Torre Ok, I know its pretty stupid, and I probably wouldnt want to see him there, but bare with me on this: 1.  The market is thin of qualified managers who can handle Boston and it media. 2.  Torre can handle high priced players and big market media 3.  Torre brings AL east experience, has a few WS rings. 4.  The best part.....  It would be a slap in the face to the Yankees organization   This is not to be taken all that serious, but it does present an interesting option.
    Posted by markten22[/QUOTE]

Listen, with the money we have sunk into this team right now Torre is the only option that makes sense. It's like a "If Joe Torre cannot win with this team no one can" scenerio. Torre is the Phil Jackson of MLB for all the reasons you have mentioned. Yeah he's kind of douchey, but he will win. Joe would love nothing more than to turn the yankees into an after thought in their own division....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"No big name from the past, someone hungry to win, with character and day to day strategic savvy... i would propose 2 top prospects for Showalter... It has been done before... "

Yes it has been done before.  But you have to go way back to find deals like that.

I think Tuesday should be far enough back ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

[QUOTE]Ryan Sandberg... end of discussion
    Posted by maxnsl[/QUOTE]

beat me to it!

Valentine is a joke

Torre? if he is not good enough for the yankees, then he's not good enough for boston, besides, really? he was never good with strategy

La Russa is a jerx

Ryno sounds great but I'd worry about a rookie manager dealing with some huge egos the team has

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]davidap, Spot on with the choices.  Agree with you on Torre, he isnt a long term solution, but with the market is so thin of qualified long term managers, he would be an interesting option for a short term deal; It would surely sour some yankee fans and organizational execs.  Maybe 3 or 4 year deal.  Hoepfully by then they might have an internal candidate to promote (Pawsox Manager), or the market will have more options then current year does. Showalter would be interesting, and a good candidate. If your talking Eckersley, then why not the Remdog.  LoL.. ok that was a joke. This is going to be a fun off-season.  cheers.
    Posted by markten22[/QUOTE]
    Remdawg was asked about this tonight. He said no way. I read that maybe the bench coach for the Phillies might be someone to look at. Pete M.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I actually think that Belichick could manage this team to around 96 wins. I'm not kidding at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

You know, Don Mattingly did an outstanding job keeping the Dodger's circus above water, this year.
    They finished above .500, despite their awful problems.
    Mattingly would command respect. So would Kirk Gibson.
    Why would Torre want to leave his nice job to manager animal house and put up with these moron owners?
    These clowns value Bill James and his computer, more than they do real baseball people. Seems to me that there were great managers and ballplayers long before this sabernmetric worship.
    Can't believe somebody doesn't know who Ryne Sandberg is!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I want to change my answer. I want to see BOSOX1941 manage this team.  He's been claiming to be an expert on how to manage for several years now.  Here is his opportunity to prove himself...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

the best suggestion so far!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Why not Varitek?  He has a catcher's perspective of the game and the respect of the organization and so what of his age, Girardi is a fairly young manager and played with some of the guys on the Yanks.  To be honest and this is not a slight at Varitek because he's not a bad player but I bet he'd be a better manager than a player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maynard5. Show Maynard5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The next manager should be....... : Truthfully , I don't even understand the value of a bench coach. What exactly are the duties? To me , it just seems like just more overhead on the payroll.  Hale was a very good third base coach. What did he do as bench coach?  Meanwhile , Bogar did a terrible job as third base coach.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    just like to keep him around i think he will be a great manager just not sure yet

Sections
Shortcuts