The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts

Losing games to A's and dropping all these contrived "win 200 for Wastefield" booster seat starts has this management coasting too early ceremonial mode nonsense in full blown action. Wastefield should be on the DL, for anyone willing to look at his post AS performance over the last 3 years.

Bottom line is too much damage by continuing to cart Wastefield out. Sure, law of averages mean Wastefield will get a default win, but it is embarrassing to watch how unprofessional management is with this ceremonial tour early coasting to playoffs nonsense.

Tighten up, put the starters back in, drop the Wastefield gold watch tour.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts

Johny's in the basement
    Mixing up the medicine
    I'm on the pavement
    Thinking about the government
    The man in the trench coat
    Badge out, laid off
    Says he's got a bad cough
    Wants to get it paid off
    Look out kid
    It's somethin' you did
    God knows when
    But you're doin' it again
    You better duck down the alley way
    Lookin' for a new friend
    The man in the coon-skip cap
    In the big pen
    Wants eleven dollar bills
    You only got ten.

Maggie comes fleet foot
    Face full of black soot
    Talkin' that the heat put
    Plants in the bed but
    The phone's tapped anyway
    Maggie says that many say
    They must bust in early May
    Orders from the DA
    Look out kid
    Don't matter what you did
    Walk on your tip toes
    Don't try, 'No Doz'
    Better stay away from those
    That carry around a fire hose
    Keep a clean nose
    Watch the plain clothes
    You don't need a weather man
    To know which way the wind blows.

Get sick, get well
    Hang around an ink well
    Ring bell, hard to tell
    If anything is goin' to sell
    Try hard, get barred
    Get back, write Braille
    Get jailed, jump bail Join the army, if you failed
    Look out kid
    You're gonna get hit
    But users, cheaters
    Six-time losers
    Hang around the theaters
    Girl by the whirlpool
    Lookin' for a new fool
    Don't follow leaders
    Watch the parkin' meters.

Ah get born, keep warm
    Short pants, romance, learn to dance
    Get dressed, get blessed
    Try to be a success
    Please her, please him, buy gifts
    Don't steal, don't lift
    Twenty years of schoolin'
    And they put you on the day shift
    Look out kid
    They keep it all hid
    Better jump down a manhole
    Light yourself a candle
    Don't wear sandals
    Try to avoid the scandals
    Don't wanna be a bum
    You better chew gum
    The pump don't work
    'Cause the vandals took the handles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Thanks Lloyd. This now has the chance to be sane afterall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

LLoyd, lay off the crack pipe, posting drivel is not a good rap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Drivel describes every repetitive thread you start - every Wake bashing post.
    Wake is the only starter on the staff coming out of ST to stay  healthy all season long. That alone exposed UR drivel about age/stature discrimination.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wastefied is anything but healthy.

Every professional sport discriminates on the basis of age. Discrimination is a necessary part of life decisions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Wake has been making every start he's been asked to this season. HE HAS ANSWERED THE CALL. No other starter on the 25-man roster coming out of ST has. I thought you valued the iron man. That quantifies as healthy.
    No one else can make that claim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stipe7676. Show stipe7676's posts

Yes Softy.... EVERY LOSS since Wakefield reached 199 wins has been Tim's fault. The fact that he exisits on the roster has caused the Sox to lose many games THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY IN. You have a wild hair about Wakefield, that transcends logic... the Sox have struggled lately because they are not an all-time great team, as some predicted before the season. They are going to win 93-98 games and go to the playoffs. This was never a 100 win team. They are going to havesome bumps in the road. They may very well still win the World Series. If they don't, it will certainly be Tim Wakefields fault. You obsess over the least of the teams concerns, and ignore the ones that WILL be a problem going forward. Wakefield is not going to be the reason they WIN OR LOSE come post-season. Those reasons will be: Youk's faltering bat, Lester's inablity to go deep in games, the unraveling of Daniel Bard late in the season, and the fact that QUALITY LHP will have an advantage over the Sox. Wakefield is a minor concern at best. Stop worrying about the insignificant. Otherwise good post :0)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Its always someone else's fault for losing every Wastefield start. Its unfortunate that Wastefield has waddled out for his booster seat starts. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stipe7676. Show stipe7676's posts

Softlaw: I'mjust saying that there are a lot of other reasons for thier current struggles besides Wakefield... not trying to be mean or fight with you at all. I hope you have a good night, and did not take my post as an attack, I did not mean it to be rude, just posting some thoughts :0)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts:
    Losing games to A's and dropping all these contrived "win 200 for Wastefield" booster seat starts has this management coasting too early ceremonial mode nonsense in full blown action. Wastefield should be on the DL, for anyone willing to look at his post AS performance over the last 3 years. Bottom line is too much damage by continuing to cart Wastefield out. Sure, law of averages mean Wastefield will get a default win, but it is embarrassing to watch how unprofessional management is with this ceremonial tour early coasting to playoffs nonsense. Tighten up, put the starters back in, drop the Wastefield gold watch tour.  
    Posted by S0ftl@w

No the nose dive is called the law of averages.  A team with the best road record in the AL is going to hit rough patches.  When you consider that we have lost Daisake, Bedard(who was a number 3 replacement) Buchholz, and now Beckett having a patchwork starting staff(comprised of journeymen and AAAA starters) has a great deal more to do with the recent stumbles then placing the blame solely on Tim Wakefield.  He only takes the ball every 5 days  so his blame share is no more than 20%!  You don't see this?  If not your math skills are pretty poor!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Actually, I'm kind of sympathetic toward that ridiculous OP.  The problem is that, with all his faults--and have have indulged in stating many of them--Tim Wakefield is not starting because of the 200 thing, but because he is about as good or better than John Lackey, Andrew Miller, or whatshisname Weiland. 

So the real cause of the nose dive is starting pitching, including the fact that the aces, Lester and Beckett, have not consistently pitching into the 7th or 8th inning this year.  Neither is a candidate for the Cy Young because neither this year is an innings eater.  Most starts, they don't attack the strike zone, period.  And those are our best pitchers.  As for the rest, injuries and no good back ups, thus the acquisition of Bedard, a good get.  The bullpen has not exactly been sterling either.  Albers was good through July, frightening since, and a better explanation for the nose dive than Wakefield.  Wheeler, Jenks, Morales, Atchison, etc, etc--not a consistent reliever among them.  The three good ones have been Pap, Bard, and Aceves, period.  And of course right now Beckett is out.

I'm irked with Wakefield, no question.  But that loss Wednesday belonged to the bullpen, not Wake.  Yes, he gave up 5 runs in 5 innings, which is lousy.  But the bullpen gave up 6 runs in 4 innings, and the Sox lost by 1 run, 11-10. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts:
    posting drivel is not a good rap.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

You're right.  Stop doing it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts:
    Actually, I'm kind of sympathetic toward that ridiculous OP.  The problem is that, with all his faults--and have have indulged in stating many of them--Tim Wakefield is not starting because of the 200 thing, but because he is about as good or better than John Lackey, Andrew Miller, or whatshisname Weiland.  So the real cause of the nose dive is starting pitching, including the fact that the aces, Lester and Beckett, have not consistently pitching into the 7th or 8th inning this year.  Neither is a candidate for the Cy Young because neither this year is an innings eater.  Most starts, they don't attack the strike zone, period.  And those are our best pitchers.  As for the rest, injuries and no good back ups, thus the acquisition of Bedard, a good get.  The bullpen has not exactly been sterling either.  Albers was good through July, frightening since, and a better explanation for the nose dive than Wakefield.  Wheeler, Jenks, Morales, Atchison, etc, etc--not a consistent reliever among them.  The three good ones have been Pap, Bard, and Aceves, period.  And of course right now Beckett is out. I'm irked with Wakefield, no question.  But that loss Wednesday belonged to the bullpen, not Wake.  Yes, he gave up 5 runs in 5 innings, which is lousy.  But the bullpen gave up 6 runs in 4 innings, and the Sox lost by 1 run, 11-10. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-------YAZZER. Show the-------YAZZER's posts

WAKE isn't the blame for the nose dive.
    the main person at fault is theo, the boy genius.
    all his pre-season mistakes are haunting the SOX now.
    when the SOX don't make the playoffs, hopefully, theo will be removed.

if it was guaranteed that theo would be fired if the SOX didn't make it to the post season, i'd be rooting for the SOX not to make it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

+2

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by S0ftl@w

Doctor, heal thyself.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

Johny's in the basement Mixing up the medicine I'm on the pavement Thinking about the government The man in the trench coat Badge out, laid off Says he's got a bad cough Wants to get it paid off Look out kid It's somethin' you did God knows when But you're doin' it again You better duck down the alley way Lookin' for a new friend The man in the coon-skip cap In the big pen Wants eleven dollar bills You only got ten. Maggie comes fleet foot Face full of black soot Talkin' that the heat put Plants in the bed but The phone's tapped anyway Maggie says that many say They must bust in early May Orders from the DA Look out kid Don't matter what you did Walk on your tip toes Don't try, 'No Doz' Better stay away from those That carry around a fire hose Keep a clean nose Watch the plain clothes You don't need a weather man To know which way the wind blows. Get sick, get well Hang around an ink well Ring bell, hard to tell If anything is goin' to sell Try hard, get barred Get back, write Braille Get jailed, jump bail Join the army, if you failed Look out kid You're gonna get hit But users, cheaters Six-time losers Hang around the theaters Girl by the whirlpool Lookin' for a new fool Don't follow leaders Watch the parkin' meters. Ah get born, keep warm Short pants, romance, learn to dance Get dressed, get blessed Try to be a success Please her, please him, buy gifts Don't steal, don't lift Twenty years of schoolin' And they put you on the day shift Look out kid They keep it all hid Better jump down a manhole Light yourself a candle Don't wear sandals Try to avoid the scandals Don't wanna be a bum You better chew gum The pump don't work 'Cause the vandals took the handles.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd actually saw Dylan in concert years ago when you could understand what he  was singing last time I saw him in concert couldn't understand a word he said

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

Posted by S0ftl@w

Crimson flames tied through my ears
    rollin high and mighty trapped
    countless fire anf flaming roads
    using ideas as my maps
    we'll meet our edges so on said I
    proud neath headed brow
    Ah, but I  was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now
    Softy don't  insult Dylan

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Why blame Wakefield?  He is the best 8/9 or 9/10 starter in the game.  Actually , he is the only 8/9 or 9/10 starter in the game.  ERA over 5.00 is perfectly acceptable for an 8/9 or 9/10 starter.  Of course , you will not win too many games like this , but after all , that is baseball.  The main thing is " saving the bullpen."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Ellsbury and Scutaro were the only bright spots in that awful game last night.  Scut just keeps heating up and Ells tacked on another two doubles and an RBI to his already amazing season.  God he's good!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

This is a pretty nice thread with Softy on ignore.  In fact, the whole forum seems much better now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

In Response to The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts:
    Losing games to A's and dropping all these contrived "win 200 for Wastefield" booster seat starts has this management coasting too early ceremonial mode nonsense in full blown action. Wastefield should be on the DL, for anyone willing to look at his post AS performance over the last 3 years. Bottom line is too much damage by continuing to cart Wastefield out. Sure, law of averages mean Wastefield will get a default win, but it is embarrassing to watch how unprofessional management is with this ceremonial tour early coasting to playoffs nonsense. Tighten up, put the starters back in, drop the Wastefield gold watch tour.  
    Posted by S0ftl@w

hows ellsbury doing?Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: The Nose Dive Started Because of Wastefield Booster Seat Starts : Crimson flames tied through my ears rollin high and mighty trapped countless fire anf flaming roads using ideas as my maps we'll meet our edges so on said I proud neath headed brow Ah, but I  was so much older then, I'm younger than that now Softy don't  insult Dylan
    Posted by tc25

Bob Dylan =  Overrated , drug - addled, " peace loving " hippie, who wrote songs praising and defending violent mass murderers.

Sections
Shortcuts