The Ocab factor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Re: The Ocab factor

In Response to Re: The Ocab factor:
    [QUOTE]One Ocab clubhouse story that did make print.... 2004, Manny has a 'headache' (wink, wink) and has informed Tito he won't be able to play that day.  Ocab goes to Manny, tells him the team needs him in the lineup and that he WILL play.  Manny agrees.  Ocab goes to Tito and gives him the news.  Maybe Ocab told Manny he was going to bang his wife (again?) if Manny didn't play, who knows, it worked though.
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

Why is fiction something that we need to waste our time reading. You already wasted everyone's time here with a nonsensense thread. The OCab thing is a dead horse that has been beaten into the ground for two years. Can't you do anything more original?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

what a terrible thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Your not a good team mate if you sleep with other team mates' wives.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Who knows why Calmy likes to raise this same thing over and over again? My guess is that he is like a Harness and puts forum traffic ahead of honesty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]Who knows why Calmy likes to raise this same thing over and over again? My guess is that he is like a Harness and puts forum traffic ahead of honesty.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]
    At least we have able posters like you who put dishonesty over everything else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I thought that it was the Hinske factor?
    last 4 years hes been in 3 world series

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If you're looking for a good luck charm, try Kenny Lofton.

In the playoffs with-

CLE-95 & 96
    ATL-97
    CLE-98, 99, 01
    SF-02
    CHC-03
    NYY-04
    LAD-06
    CLE-07

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to The Ocab factor:
    [QUOTE]I know it is only mid May but wouldn't you know it, Orlando Cabrera is once again on a winner.  Move him to 2B, it doesn't matter!  The guy has been a guaranteed postseason ticket for about 8 years now.  BOS, LAA(only 2/3 years), CHIsox, Twins, Reds, Indians?..... All Cris Carter did was catch touchdowns and all Ocab does is help get teams to October.  Edgar, Alex, Julio, Alex, Marco.  That's about 75 milllion right there, Ocab cost less than 40 over the same stretch, with unquestionable better performance. I know the rumors about off the field stuff (Players wives, teenage girls, etc..), which is why the sox didn't bring him back.  But really, I wonder how many guys in baseball history have been a starter for 5  different play-off teams in a 7 year stretch. (6/8 in Cleveland goes this year)  Pretty incredible really. 
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

Cabrera’s streak could be considered a little tainted in that the Oakland team in 2009 was clearly going nowhere and he was traded to a team that was already in contention without him and had a clear need at SS.

A more impressive streak by a less impressive player would be Jason Marquis.  He played on the Braves from 2000-2003 (4 post-season teams), the Cardinals from 2004 through 2006 (3 post-seasons), the Cubs in 2007 and 2008 (2 post-seasons), and the Rockies in 2009.  10 straight post-seasons with 4 different teams.  While he did not play on 5 different teams during a 7 year stretch, he did play on 4 different playoff teams from 2003 through 2009.  His streak was also 3 years longer than Cabrera’s stands today, and he did not need to be traded one time in July – let alone twice – to contending teams in order to extend it.

None of this makes Marquis a good pitcher, or even a factor on any of those teams…

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"If you're looking for a good luck charm, try Kenny Lofton.

In the playoffs with-

CLE-95 & 96
    ATL-97
    CLE-98, 99, 01
    SF-02
    CHC-03
    NYY-04
    LAD-06
    CLE-07"

Actually, I consider Kenny Lofton a bad luck charm.

In 1999, he was on an Indians team that had a 2-0 lea over Boston in a best of 5 series and lost the last 3 games.

In 2002, he was a member of the SF Giants team that had a 5-0 ead in the 7th inning of game 6 of the World Series with a 3-2 edge in the series.  They lost that game, andthe next sday the series.

In 2003, he was a member of the Chicago Cubs.  They held a 3-2 edge in the NLCS with a 3-0 lead in the eight inning of game 6.  Cue Bartman.  And the Cubs lost games 6 and 7.

In 2004, he was a member of the NY Yankees, who had a three games to zero advantage and a lead in the ninth inning of game four in the ALCS.  Need I say more?

The guy has been on the wrong end of every comeback in the last 12 years...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]The evidence against Ocab is almost entirely rumor.  He had some public problems with Ozzie but so have lots of guys.  The fact that he has moved so much doesn't speak well to him but take a guy like Dave Roberts, he moved a decent amount and he certainly never had any character issues.  Odog is a pretty respected guy around the league and he is on his 4th stop in 4 years.
    Posted by Calmy[/QUOTE]

A bit of a stretch.

Dave Roberts has also never signed a multimillion dollar multiyear contract, either.

I do find it odd that you think Cabrera's journeys around MLB are fair to compare to Roberts, but not to Hinske and Counsell.  If anything, Roberts career is in is a lesser version of the ones had by Hinske and Counsell...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Holy crap, the Curse of Kenny...that is incredible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

The talk about Cabrera's dalliances with players' wives ( plural ) and teenage
    girls ( plural ) has never been verified publicly by a credible source. I can understand why a player would not want to embarrass his wife if she played around with one or more of his teammates. I can understand why the club would not go public if it knew that a player was having sex with underage girls.  But since these rumors persist, they must be known by people other than players' wives and club officials.  
    Unless and until  credible evidence surfaces, repeated speculation is not exactly responsible.
    Cabrera played three years in Southern California. There wasn't a whisper about his off-field behavior.  Did he suddenly get religion?
    Many players move from team to team to team for a variety of reasons. One is that they are considered stop-gaps until a prospect is ready. Another ( ta da ) is that the club is not satisfied with performance.  A third is that they want to leave.  Not everyone is run out of town because of naughty behavior.  In fact, clubs have put up with a lot of naughty behavior from guys who can pitch or hit.
    Why not believe that Cabrera was let go because Theo has a thing for Rentaria?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Why not believe that Cabrera was let go because Theo has a thing for Rentaria?

actually I thought it was j henry who had a thing for renta

and a thing against oc

Sections
Shortcuts